• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Team (new thread b/c extensive changes)

2074red2074

Shiny Collector
So I've decided that I'll listen to Smogon and go OU. I want a team to use for both gameplay and PvP, and so am not using one-time items. This is what I got:

Talonflame @ Life Orb (It's shiny!)
Adamant, Flame Body
Brave Bird
Flare Blitz
Roost
U-turn (PvP only)
Fly (ordinary gameplay only)
6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe

Greninja @ Expert Belt (Also shiny!)
Timid, Protean
Ice Beam
Dark Pulse
Grass Knot
Surf
6 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe

Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold, Natural Cure
Soft-Boiled
Aromatherapy
Seismic Toss
Toxic
6 HP/252 Def/252 SpD

Wobbuffet @ Leftovers
Bold, Shadow Tag
Counter
Destiny Bond
Mirror Coat
Safeguard
252 HP/98 Def/160 SpD

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Calm, Trace
Wish
Hyper Beam
Psychic
Psyshock
248 HP/10 SpA/252 SpD

In-Game Lead:

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed, Iron Barbs
Stealth Rock
Leech Seed
Power Whip
Gyro Ball
248 HP/10 Atk/252 Def

All have 31 IV's in everything except with 0 IV's in the offense that they aren't using with the following exceptions:

Ferrothorn has 0 Speed.
Chansey and Wobbufet have 0 Atk and unknown SpA.
Gardevoir has 0 Atk.
Greninja has 3 Atk.

Explanations:

Talonflame

Talonflame is my physical sweeper. It has U-turn for better withdrawal and in case I'm too low on HP for a Double-Edge variant. It's also good for Psychic and Dark types.

Why not Gale Wings?
It will have 351 speed at lvl 100 and 175 at lvl 50. Assuming they have a helpful nature and no moves that automatically take priority, the only Pokémon who have priority on it are
Dugtrio
Persion
Alakazam and Mega
Mega Gengar
Electrode
Starmie
Jolteon
Aerodactyl and Mega
Mewtwo and both Megas
Crobat
Mega Houndoom
Sceptile
Swellow
Ninjask
Mega Manectric
Mega Absol
Floatzel
Ambipom
Purugly
Mega Lucario
Weavile
Serperior
Zebstrika
Swoobat
Scolipede
Whimsicott
Accelgor
Tornadus (any)
Thunderus (Incarnate)
Greninja
Talonflame
Hawlucha
Noivern
Some legends that are banned anyway
Which applies at both lvl 100 and lvl 50. The only ones of which I would have to be wary are Greninja and maybe Aerodactyl, because the others hardly ever see play, have bad type match-ups, or are currently not able to be Kalos-native. Even with Gale Wings, I still would want to switch to something else for Greninja and Aerodactyl. Also, it's shiny.

It's set at 298 HP. Lose the HP EV's and you'll take less Stealth Rock damage.
If you do your math a bit further, then you'll find that half of 298 is 149, which is the HP that Talonflame would have after being hit. If It had 297 and took the 148 damage, then it would be left with 149 again. It makes no difference at all.

Greninja
Greninja is my special sweeper. It has Protean (STAB on everything) so that I don't have to worry so much about type effectiveness. I chose its moves to provide good coverage for that. It has the Expert Belt because of its good coverage for typing. It has 3 Atk IV's instead of 0 because it's shiny and therefor worth the negligible increase in confusion and Foul Play damage. Having 0 Atk would lower confusion damage max and min by 1 point and Foul Play max by 1 point.

Chansey
Chansey is my healer. It functions as a wall with Eviolite but can be used for a 2HKO with Seismic Toss if Stealth Rock is out. Heal Bell/Aromatherapy can remove any annoying statuses from my team and Hard-Boiled will keep Chansey alive while I stall with Toxic.

Wobbuffet
Wobbuffet is Wobbuffet. It tanks a bit and otherwise is good for Destiny Bond. I did give it more HP and less defenses than normal so that it deals more Counter and Mirror Coat damage. It has Safeguard instead of Encore because status damage does not trigger Destiny Bond.

Gardevoir
Gardevoir is a special tank. It takes hits and heals itself using Wish. It can hit hard as a physical with Psyshock as well. If anything is weak to Fairy, then it can mega evolve and obliterate it with Hyper Beam. Psychic is for anything not weak to Fairy that has low SpD. Trace can steal some beneficial abilities such as Flash Fire. If it's something that I don't particularly want, such as Sand Force, then I can mega evolve it.

Ferrothorn
Ferrothorn is a physical tank and my Stealth Rock lead for in-game. It takes hits to double-recoil the opponent with Iron Barbs and Rocky Helmet and heals with Leech Seed. It relies on its slowness for Gyro Ball and Power Whip is Power Whip.

Last edited:

I Like Pie!

Smile smile smile!
You can remove the Roost in Talonflame and give -Turn to make it a dedicated physical attacker with Choice Band. Otherwise, Leftovers is fine.

Wobby definitely needs Encore. Greninja needs Life Orb.

Gardevoir has both Psyshock and Psychic? Use Moonblast, Thunderbolt, Energy Ball or any of the other special moves Gardy has.

2074red2074

Shiny Collector
You can remove the Roost in Talonflame and give -Turn to make it a dedicated physical attacker with Choice Band. Otherwise, Leftovers is fine.

Wobby definitely needs Encore. Greninja needs Life Orb.

Gardevoir has both Psyshock and Psychic? Use Moonblast, Thunderbolt, Energy Ball or any of the other special moves Gardy has.
I can't give Talonflame Leftovers. It's already on my Wobbuffet. Greninja can't have Life Orb because Talonflame does (it had King's Rock earlier because I forgot to change it, my bad) and it's only a 10% difference in power in exchange for not losing HP.

Wobbuffet isn't getting Encore because I would have to breed it into a Wynaut, and the IV's and Nature would be a nightmare because one parent would need an incense. Safeguard prevents it fainting from burn, confusion, poison, etc. and losing out on Destiny Bond. Encore to me just isn't as useful.

Psyshock and Psychic are totally different. They both calculate damage using Gardevoir's SpA, but Psyshock uses the opponents Def and Psychic uses the opponent's SpD. Moonblast is waaaaay weaker than the powered up Hyper Beam with STAB that Mega Gardevoir has. I would use Hyper Voice but Gardevoir can't have it if it's a Kalos native.

Last edited:

2074red2074

Shiny Collector
Switch flame charge with steel wing for the annoying fairy types
I would rather deal with fairies using Ferrothorn or Gardevoir. I'll add U-turn for a better switch-out though.