• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Video Game Discussion Silver Version

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Now that I'm almost done with everything that has importance in FFXV, and just awaiting the DLCs, I'm tempted to go back to FFXIV. The FFXIV festival event happened today, and Ivalice (Matsuno is back too!) is gonna be included in Stormblood. Feels like I should start now so I can catch up when it releases in June.

Recon

Scalebound has been cancelled

And another announced title from E3 2014 bites the dust. Ori and the Blind Forest was the only one to make it out alive, Project Spark and the Phantom Dust remake are effectively dead alongside Scalebound, and Crackdown 3 is still MIA

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Scalebound honestly didn't look that great anyway, so I'm not particularly saddened by this myself.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Oh man, that sucks. Microsoft really needed a new IP, and Scalenound would have been a great addition. Oh well, at least Nier Automata is out in March, and judging from what I've played in the demo, it's gonna be excellent.

Is it just me or is the Undertale fandom (which I'm part of) one of the most split fandoms ever? One half of it contains some of the loveliest, kindest people I've ever seen who make great fanarts, theories and animations, while the other half does nothing but spit out their opinions like they're fact and sexualise all the characters.

One great example of this split is the Chara theory. Back when undertale had only recently been released, various talented people had made videos on a certain character named Chara, and their interpretation of them. Chara is a character in Undertale who can be seen as good or bad - the creator, Toby Fox, left it completely up for interpretation as to whether they are evil or a hero. Basically, any interpretation of them is correct. Bear in mind that all these early videos interpreted Chara as evil. A few months later, a channel named Judgment Boy made a long video on how they personally thought Chara was good, potentially a hero. Now, I'm not saying that it's the channel's fault about what I am gonna say, so please don't dislike the video or whatever - they are very talented, kind people. But a good amount of people who watched the video instantly thought that Chara was good and nobody could say anything else. So all these people who made videos saying they were evil, instead of having civilised conversation, were getting blasted by comments like "Oh my god they're not f**king evil, can't you see?" And "I would recommend Judgement Boy's video." All these comments have made scrolling through the comment sections pretty painful. But the big thing about these comments is that they've impacted the fandom's reputation. I don't think I need to explain that part - Undertale's fandom is infamous now. What's more, nobody has made a video talking about how this needs to stop. People can state their opinions, but not force them onto others.

Sorry that this seems very random, but I felt like I had to say it as I needed to let out some steam. The kind of thing I just explained is one of the reasons I'm ashamed of my fandom.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Every single popular media has both good and bad fandoms. Literally every single one of them. One may be more vocal than the other, but they're there. Sooner you understand this, the better.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
It seems the got rid of the linier battle system that's been around since the first game. I felt more tight IMO in games with it. Now it feels like a standard action jrpg. Not necessarily a bad thing but I'll definitely have to get used to it

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Scalebound getting canned is foolhardy. But I didn't have an Xboner so I have a feeling I wouldn't be playing it until a couple years after it launched, so I mean, /shrug

Then again, even as I say this, I feel like I'm really noticing the less-positive responses come out of the woodwork now, in the wake of its cancellation. Y'all a bunch of ****in vultures

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Scalebound getting canned is foolhardy. But I didn't have an Xboner so I have a feeling I wouldn't be playing it until a couple years after it launched, so I mean, /shrug

Then again, even as I say this, I feel like I'm really noticing the less-positive responses come out of the woodwork now, in the wake of its cancellation. Y'all a bunch of ****in vultures

California Condor to be exact.

The Admiral

I'm gonna pick up Fate/Extella when I wake up tomorrow. All my friends who are hardcore Fate/ fans are hype as ****, but I'm being told the storyline doesn't make sense unless you've played other games in the franchise.

Honestly, good. I don't go here to make sense of things. If I wanted a story that didn't confuse me, I'd just go play Donkey Kong Country again for the 50,000th time. I'm hoping this makes Kingdom Hearts' storyline look like those things you read in grammar school literature. I'm hoping this makes the Metal Gear series look like "Dismaland: The Novelization."

Jb

Tsun in the streets
NPD US Top 10 for the whole year (digital and retail)
Crazy that Uncharted 4 didn't make top 10, considering it's sold nearly 9M copies as of 2 weeks ago. Pokémon too. FFXV reaching Top 10 despite being only on sale for a month is insane.

top 10 best selling Xbox One and PS4 games of Dec 2016 on NPD

To be fair it's ranked on Dollars. Pokemon doesn't have shitty micro transactions yet

Also both New Zealand and Australia suck lmao

https://www.destructoid.com/gal-gun-double-peace-has-been-banned-in-new-zealand-413632.phtml

The Admiral

I don't think it's worth getting unless you really like Fate, from what I've been reading the gameplay is mediocre even for a Musou game.

I do like the series, I just tend to end up letting playthroughs of the games fall by the wayside a lot.

Which I do with a lot of things I like. If I told you how many times I started playing and did not finish some of my favorite games... boy, that would require a lot of math.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Yakuza 0 just came out today. I hope to get it soon. I've always enjoyed the Yakuza games. I just hope I can make more time to play it...

The Admiral

Amazon's not that good, at the end of the day, but when they have an increasingly monopolistic hold over that method of buying things, you end up using them a lot anyway.