• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Video Game Discussion Silver Version

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
No VR details because it's pretty obvious what you're getting.

After trying out Summer Lessons and Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 VR, I'm all about dat console VR waifu business.

Btw, you finished FFXV yet? Last time I checked your name, i think you were still on the way to Gralea (in the train). Also still waiting for Prompto VR.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
After trying out Summer Lessons and Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 VR, I'm all about dat console VR waifu business.

Btw, you finished FFXV yet? Last time I checked your name, i think you were still on the way to Gralea (in the train). Also still waiting for Prompto VR.

Yeah, I actually finished it over the weekend. I gotta say, that was a hard segue after chapter 9 there.

I play for 40 hours having the time of my life with my mates, then finally find my wife and she gets killed, a bro goes blind, everyone is mad, and then everything gets worse and worse. Then you're stuck in Resident Evil for Babbies with all these ****ing corridors and slow speeds with **** jumping out at you, then you get sucked into a crystal and wake up 10 years later where this is no daytime and then you fight the boss and die.

Great.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Ahahahaha

Great you enjoyed it lol

But no really, this game is clearly incomplete. Everything feels so rushed, but it's more apparent Ch9 onwards. They create an entire map for Altissia and all of Terraverde, and like only 5% is traversable. The game has so many timeskips too, before even the 10yr timeskip.

Tabata confirmed they'll make some changes to Ch13, like adding more cutscenes and buffing ring magic to make it easier than it already is. They really should have delayed one more year.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
What more can they do? I mean, you can rub thighs. We are at the pinnacle. *Pants*

1st-person girls shooting water at each other. Looking at models in VR also feels way more different than on a TV.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Ahahahaha

Great you enjoyed it lol

But no really, this game is clearly incomplete. Everything feels so rushed, but it's more apparent Ch9 onwards. They create an entire map for Altissia and all of Terraverde, and like only 5% is traversable. The game has so many timeskips too, before even the 10yr timeskip.

Tabata confirmed they'll make some changes to Ch13, like adding more cutscenes and buffing ring magic to make it easier than it already is. They really should have delayed one more year.

Yeah, the whole ring section was ****ing awful and I hated every minute of it.

Overall I would definitely say I enjoyed it, but it's definitely not a perfect experience by any means.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
What disappoints me the most is that the world's history is so good. Ardyn is particular has a very tragic past, and honestly, I want a prequel with him.

I still like the game too. The combat is fun (aside from Adamantoise, the combat doesn't work against such a gigantic enemy), the bros are likeable, and Lucis is beautiful and fun to just explore, if a bit barren. For all the problem this game has had (and there are many), it's a miracle the final product turned out fine.

The next FFXV ATR aid on Feb 2nd, IIRC. They'll be discussing the upcoming DLC and updates there. Also, today's the FF 30th Anniversary event.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I didn't even try fighting Adamantoise, I also skipped out on getting the Greatsword of the Tall. Otherwise I got all the other Royal Arms and I'm pretty sure I did every other dungeon.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Even Pitioss, the pure platforming dungeon? I personally hated it, but there's a few who liked it. The Sealed Dungeons aren't worth it, IMO. There's unique enemies there, and the best weapons of each type are there, but they're all basically 20 floor gauntlets (except for two, one is 60 floors, the other 100 floors).

Adamantoise is horrible fight. Only certain parts have hitboxes, it's glitchy, it's sometimes unresponsive, and the camera is just awful. If you bring Aranea through the glitch and eat the 100% Critical dish, it should make the right much easier and faster.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Did you rent or borrow the game? If you still have, you should try Pitioss at least. It's a pretty long dungeon, even if you're good at it. It personally took me 5 whole freaking hours, but that's because I sucked. My friend however only took 2 hours.

Episode Gladiolus is coming out on March 28th. It will be Gladio and Cor.

Episode Prompto in June.

Booster Pack DLC Feb 21st. It's battle armor for the bros. You're invincible for 30m, then have to recharge.

FFXII The Zodiac Age coming July 11.

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Did you rent or borrow the game? If you still have, you should try Pitioss at least. It's a pretty long dungeon, even if you're good at it. It personally took me 5 whole freaking hours, but that's because I sucked. My friend however only took 2 hours.

Nah I own it. I might try it, but I got frustrated with the controls just while playing regularly, I can't imagine trying to platform with them.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Nah I own it. I might try it, but I got frustrated with the controls just while playing regularly, I can't imagine trying to platform with them.
Controlling the Type-F is horrible. There are invisible walls everywhere and landing requires precision. If you even land an inch to the side of the road, it blows up and you have to restart to the nearest checkpoint. The landing strip to the Pitioss is so small that you'll most likely to crash in your first 10 attempts.

Dragon Quest VIII was rereleased on the 3DS the other day, has anybody played it and enjoyed it? Thinking of getting it
I played the PS2 version. I never finished it, but I played until Angelo joined (I think was the 10-15hr mark), and it was excellent.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Controlling the Type-F is horrible. There are invisible walls everywhere and landing requires precision. If you even land an inch to the side of the road, it blows up and you have to restart to the nearest checkpoint. The landing strip to the Pitioss is so small that you'll most likely to crash in your first 10 attempts.

You're really not selling this well. lmao

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
You're really not selling this well. lmao

Haha yeah, I have a love/hate relationship with this game. I have a feeling Type-F was a last minute decision. Not only is it only unlocked post-game, and not only is it a pain to use, there's literally only one unique area you need to use it. The entire northern half of Lucis is cut (where Nyx from Kingsglaive is from), and thought maybe you'd have to fly to get there, but nope.

PS4 4.50 software update features, code named Sasuke.
•External 3.0 HDD support (up to 8TB)
•Custom Wallpapers
•Quick Menu Refresh
•Simplified Notification List
•Post on PSN Activity Feeds
•3D Blu-rays on PSVR

Not listed in the blog
PS4 Pro Boost Mode. Higher FPS for old games without Pro patch

I think I have 2-3 3D Blurays. I can finally try them out. This is only for beta testers for now (I got in), will be public probably next month.

Last edited:
Nice! I think my brother has a Vita, so I might ask. Or I could just finally get another charger for my laptop... either way, it's great that I can get it for good prices! I've seen quite a bit of gameplay, and it looks like an amazing game with some neat plot twists. If I had to pick a favourite character, it'd have to be Ukyo. His design and his character are just brilliant! And also he reminds me of N so there's that...