1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

General Video Game Discussion Silver Version

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Eternal Darkness, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

2. Hydrohs

Hydrohs 安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。 Staff Member Super Mod

I didn't get into any of the closed betas, and I just didn't have the time during the open beta.

I'm pretty sure they just mean releasing the service on Windows, not actually porting games.

3. Hunter Zolomon

Hunter Zolomon Into the Shadows Staff Member Moderator

I'll definitely spread the word. Persona 4 is such a fantastic game. I can't wait to play Persona 5 when it releases in the States.

4. Void Ventus

Void Ventus Sic Parvis Magna

If there's anything bad (and it's a subjective one at that) I can say about P5, it would be the repeated travels to the Palaces. It's not like P4 where once you unlock a new dungeon, you can finish in one run and never have to go back. In P5, you always go in first to scout the area, out, thing 1, out, thing 2, out, get treasure, out, boss. IIRC I left the very first Palace after around 30hrs. I personally felt like days were wasted having to go back in and out so many times. Despite that though, I was able to nearly max all my Cooperations (basically the same as Social Links, but now also gives you other gameplay features and mechanics) in my very first run with no guides.

If there's one big thing I would like changed in P6 or other future installments, I would prefer having the entire team much earlier. Just like P3 and 4, the last 2 members join so late. I'd like a full party by August at the latest.

5. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

6. Void Ventus

7. The Admiral

The Admiral solid state survivor

I always kind of wondered why taxes weren't included in prices for things like that by default.

But I also wonder that about everything.

8. bobjr

bobjr It's Fusion, I don't have to expalin it. Staff Member Moderator

It started out as basically a loophole that wasn't ever really dealt with until now. Amazon had the same thing happen to them.

9. Mister_SGG

Mister_SGG Well-Known Member

running out of reasons to not switch to pc

10. Void Ventus

I'm in Hawaii and don't get taxed by Amazon.

Doesn't Steam also tax you? I mean this is government reason, not Sony asking for money just because they can like the $10 PS+ increase.

11. Mister_SGG

i'm 90% sure they don't, i don't buy things on steam enough to be sure tho. but even if they did, it would still be one reason less to stick with the sinking ship of consoles. i prefer gaming on consoles but the negatives really seem to be adding up in recent years; sony charging for online, increasing price of games, underwhelming performance. at this point the only thing keeping me around is brand loyalty, trophies and my preference of physical media.

12. Hydrohs

They do in some states. I'm not familiar with the laws around this, but I think it has to do with where a business is headquarted or something.

13. Void Ventus

When? It's been the same $60 since 2005, in the US at least. Sinking ship of consoles is also the wrong term to use. But you do you. No point sticking with something that frustrates you. May I point you to Horizon Zero Dawn before you leave though? Only bad devs do underwhelming performance.

I see. Anyway, it seems PSN has been charging tax in some states since 2008. One guy on a Gamespot forum said he got taxed 62 cents on Echochrome. And this article said some states will get taxed starting April 1st. I guess as long as I don't receive an email regarding the change, Hawaii will be fine.

14. Mister_SGG

Im in canada and they got bumped up to $80 +tax for ps4, but that's probably a currency thing not sony's fault. and hey, I love my PS4 and my exclusives and **** but pc gaming has a lot of pros. and i mean not all the games play bad but there's still a disappointing amount of them stuck on 30fps and we're only halfway into the generation.

15. Hydrohs

That's all currency, our money is worthless. Bring back beaver pelts. (Don't actually. Save the beavers)

16. Mister_SGG

lmao figures. i guess that makes steam prices look even better.

17. Void Ventus

Nothing wrong with 30FPS. But it's your money and choice, and PC gaming is perfect for you.

18. Mister_SGG

it doesnt ruin the experience, though i would never take it over 60 - but yes, point taken. opinions.

19. The Admiral

The Admiral solid state survivor

I live in Illinois, Steam's been taxed for a couple years.

and at this point, I mostly pick up consoles for exclusives, most of which tend to be oddballs, or for older games via Virtual Console-like contrivances, but even that doesn't help some things (can someone please start releasing Sega Saturn, Sega CD, etc. stuff so that I don't have to track those down and pay stupid prices for some of that ****?). Honestly, even Nier Automata is coming to PC, at this point, "exclusives" is even becoming a smaller argument.

On the other hand, as long as they keep making JoJo fighters...

20. Hydrohs

I have consoles for Nintendo games and to play my shitty Japanese rhythm games and JRPGs and that's pretty much it. Everything else I can do on PC.