• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Video Game Discussion Silver Version

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’m playing Bayonetta and L.A. Noire on the Switch right now. I’ve beaten Bayonetta 2 but working on getting the collectibles. Planning on getting more games soon.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
It is kind of a shame that only reasons Activision is doing these is because Skylanders gimmick is over and they need filler for PS4.

I wonder what franchises and sub-franchises will be brought back next gen, though. Most of the other stuff got a shot during this console gen and the previous gen, so I dunno.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Yeah sure. Though the original was supposed to be partially serious., lack of professional actors made it more comical than intended. I think Time Warp was supposed to be a crossover with Space Ace as well? I can't remember.

Edit:http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=235629
Disgaea 1 HD remaster is called Disgaea Refine now. Presumably it will be called Refined for international release.

Edit: http://www.vgchartz.com/article/275...one-and-pc-gets-exclusive-character-trailers/
Super Bomberman R is no longer Switch exclusive.

Edit: New Sakura Wars is coming after 8 years of hiatus.

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
For any Etrian Odyssey fans, Etrian Odyssey X (Cross) was just announced for Japan releasing on August 2nd this year. That likely means a 2019 release in the US assuming we get it, or a really late holiday release. Can't believe I may be getting a new 3DS title in the year 2019.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
But isn’t that a bit stupid to do considering there is a retro system with games built into it being sold in stores right now with the additional bonus of being able to play Genesis games not included and being able to use the controllers that were made for the original system? The Nintendo and SNES can’t do any of that. You can’t play TMNT Turtles In Time on the SNES Mini or even plug in the SNES to play Mario Paint.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Definitely looking forward to Bloodstained. It will likely be the closest we come to a legitimate successor to Castlevania in the foreseeable future. Plus I'm curious to see what Vinesauce stuff is going to be in it.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Hey, you guys know what we wont get at E3 this year? That's right, a Western release of Mother 3! Ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha oh I just kind of made myself sad.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-e3-2018-press-conference-wont-have-new-hardwar/1100-6458884/

This is from yesterday, but this confirmes Last of Us Part 2 is going to be this year's focus. Looks like 2019/early 2020 launch for PS5 is almost confirmed.

I feel like 2019 is still very soon for new hardware, but I guess the PS4 did come out in late 2013...

So this unexpected crossover was just revealed in the mobile game Power Rangers Legacy Wars: http://collider.com/power-rangers-legacy-wars-street-fighter-trailer/

Huh. I know nothing about this mobile game, but that's an interesting mashup mostly because I am imagining it in terms of the old Power Rangers shows from the 90s. (This also really makes me want Granblue's Street Fighter collabs to come back, which gave you access to Rashid as a playable character. My knowledge of Street Fighter goes about as far as "Ryu and Ken," and "Rashid and Q are pretty cool.")

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
Is anyone else getting Happy Birthdays for the Nintendo Switch? It's coming out June 5th, 2018 in North America and, I believe, June 8th, 2018 in Europe. It's by Yasuhiro Wada (who previously worked on Harvest Moon/Bokujou Monogatari games). It's currently out for the PS4 and for PC (Steam) under the name Birthdays the Beginning.
emot_smile.png

Genos

The Indigo Disk
So my list of planned games for the rest of 2018 are:
Spider-Man
Battlefield V
Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Few on this list, as these games are $60 and saving up money is always the priority.

Spider-Man is a must for me. As it's a completely new story for the superhero.

I'm planning on getting LGP + PokeBall Plus Pack as I really want that PokeBall and Mew. They lured me so good on this choice. ;)

If Smash U gets a special edition I'm not buying it. I already have the Gamecube adapter and GC Smash controller. I'm set for a standard edition.

Battlefield is now in WWII (again).

I'm not getting the upcoming Destiny expansion Forsaken as I'm currently burned out. I'm been purchasing these for 4 straight years and I feel I need to go on a hiatus for the series. And I'm frustrated of Bungie's progression on it, breaking several promises to the game. I may go back to it next spring but right now I'm committed on taking a hiatus.

Last edited:

M.P.

Retired
I'm planning to get the following games this year:
- Spider-Man
- Mega Man 11
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy
- Luigi's Mansion remake

Already got Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory and God of War PS4 earlier this year.

I will get Spider-Man on launch: Easily my most anticipated game this year. I'm definitely pre-ordering it, and special edition is tempting but a bit too expensive to my liking.

Reckon I'll get Mega Man 11 on launch too, unless Shovel Knight's King of Cards campaign is released during the same time.

Will be saving Spyro for Christmas. Never played any games on the series before.

Luigi's Mansion remake (assuming it doesn't get delayed, it still lacks a release date) will be the only Nintendo title I'm getting this year. Kirby Star Allies did interest me as well, but I won't buy a Switch until the 2019 Pokemon game releases.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=237013

First Digimon game coming to Switch, which will also release on PS4, is a strategy RPG. Hard to say if this will come to overseas, as last three DS-3DS games, Xros Wars, Decode, and Appli Monsters, have not been released overseas for variety of reasons. This is also notable since this is the first time Digimon is doing a strategy RPG, unless there is some obscure mobile-only game I forgot.