• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Video Game Discussion Silver Version

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
They probably figured most players didn't care or perhaps even want English voice acting in the first place.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I think it has more to do with the costs and time associated with getting English voices for all the story characters and 40+ custom voice options, for a game that's already coming out so late in the 3DS lifespan. This is supposedly a huge game even for EO standards so that time and effort might not be worth it at this stage, and unlike Persona or SMT this is a fairly niche series. They managed to get the past 3 games out with English voices and they were all competent, so I'm sure they would've done the same here if this wasn't going to be a 3DS game almost 2 years after the Switch release.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Probably because Activision tried to be morons and make the 2nd and 3rd game download only which is stupid for a physical game

Almost all collections have been this way recently. I remember seeing that MegaMan and Bayonetta did this, I doubt it's delayed to change that decision.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
I wonder how long until Playstation and Xbox start creating their own versions of the Switch?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
They wont. Sony obviously has no interest in handhelds, seeing as they've done everything they can to kill the Vita. And Microsoft has never shown interest in it, especially given Sony's failure. It would take a lot more than some "me too" product to dethrone Nintendo in the handheld market.

MiloticTwins

Hey, guys. Did you think that Rock Band 4 should've meet its critical acclaim from video game journalism critics, since Rock Band 3 did? If so, why do you think?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/Hardware/Global/

According to VGChartz, PS4 outsold both GBA and PSP. PS4 already defeated these two in terms of games long time ago, but now it has defeated them in retail as well.
The current question is if it will manage to beat Wii by the end of this fiscal year(March 2019). If it does, that will be significant, because such a success would increase its chances of becoming the best selling console ever sometime during its extended lifetime.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
YotD Sheila > RT Sheila
RT Elora > RR Elora

But yeah, Reignited Trilogy is looking good from what I've seen of it, delay and disc issues aside. Switch version when?

They wont. Sony obviously has no interest in handhelds, seeing as they've done everything they can to kill the Vita. And Microsoft has never shown interest in it, especially given Sony's failure. It would take a lot more than some "me too" product to dethrone Nintendo in the handheld market.

I think the biggest threat to the Switch would be if mobile starts copying it. If mobile devices start providing similar capabilities then Nintendo could get left in the dust if they refuse to branch out into multimedia apps and so on. But that would require mobile developers to start making larger, more ambitious games and not just cheap garbage like Angry Birds and Candy Crush.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
While there are certainly some "real" games on mobile, I don't think the platform lends itself to those types of games very well. I think most people still want to be able to use their phone all day, and power-hungry games go kind of counter to that, so yeah Nintendo is probably safe for a while.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I've never played Timesplitters but I've heard plenty of people raving about it. If THQ actually ever does anything with it I'll give it a look.
Timesplitters is a very good FPS series full of a lot of fun character designs and some neat takes on weapons. Multiplayer and building levels was also fun but I kind of wonder how that will feel in a newer version with online being a thing (though I think some of the later ones had online multiplayer? Never did anything with that because I didn't have them on the cube and didn't have the PS2 network adapter).

So, I think this might be tough to make work. They could live up to the old versions or they could do shitehawk quality "look how self-aware and wacky!" we are humor. So I would suggest that it be done by Volition (whom I think THQ Nordic owns?), particularly the part that worked on Saints Row, because they will know how to do that kind of thing right.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Yeah, Timesplitters was a very fun FPS before Call of Duty became the thing that every FPS tried to copy. If you played it now it probably wouldn't hold up amazingly, but it feels like the prototype to more "wacky" fps games.