1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

General Video Game Discussion Silver Version

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Eternal Darkness, Dec 14, 2013.

1. The Admiral

The Admiral solid state survivor

My first MK was the original.

And by that I mean the Genesis port of the original.

Just a couple years ago because I was doing a 25th anniversary retrospective on the series for a brief period because it's had a pretty huge effect on American culture.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  2. Storm the Lycanroc

Storm the Lycanroc Unova Bound

Noticed a certain game I loathe is getting another DLC released this week so I wanted to share my feelings towards it. Stellaris, a grand strategy game made by Paradox Interactive is game I have very negative feelings towards. Mostly because it's an addicting game that nearly consumed my life.

I purchased the base game and several DLC's on a Steam summer sale at a discount. I started playing it sporadically but it wasnt until later in the summer I started playing it exclusively. It got to the point it felt like a drug addiction because it's all I thought about. I had a craving that could only be filled by mindlessly playing it for hours on end.

It wasn't until later that fall I saw how it was affecting my life, losing contact with friends, progress at work decreased, etc. It was then I knew things needed to change. Additionally it's one of those games that's so massive you'll never truly experience everything. After that revelation I knew in order to prevent myself from ever falling down this self-destructive path again I decided to delete my Steam account. It took a few tries but by December I successfully waited the required 30 days for Steam customer support to delete my account. It's been six months since I last played a PC game and can say I've never felt better.

So that's the story of how one addictive game made me quit PC gaming as a whole.

3. Hydrohs

Hydrohs 安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。 Staff Member Super Mod

That's pretty drastic.

4. Storm the Lycanroc

Might seem that way but can say I've never been happier or more productive in life.

5. Hydrohs

Hydrohs 安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。 Staff Member Super Mod

And it's good you gave up that game, but giving up on all PC games is the drastic part. I'm assuming you're still playing games on consoles, which is effectively no different than a PC game.

6. Storm the Lycanroc

Yeah I'm still playing console games, mostly on the 3DS or Switch. One thing I didn't like about playing PC games was how tempting and easy it is to use cheat codes/console commands. So I was never able to truly enjoy PC games because I cheated my way through them. At least on consoles I'm able to play them without that temptation.

7. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

8. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Still miss you, Lorne. Staff Member

Wow that sucks about the delisting. I have it for my Vita. Only way I could get it was digitally. I'll have to try to get the second game as soon as I can.