• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Video Game Discussion Silver Version

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Lucky. I have an over 8 year old laptop that I can't update due to having 'legacy' (no longer update supported parts/drivers) parts. It's still up and running, but I'm working towards trying to get a new one someday.

Keeping my security stuff updated though.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
OK, Microsoft's buying Bethesda, that means more Microsoft owned games will be on Switch, I say we really need to convince them to let Rare put some of their games on Switch.
Bethesda has been a mess recently. I mean Fallout Shelter is rather boring if you don’t keep spending real life cash to keep funding construction and updates to your shelter with some of the packages not being so great and having ridiculously high prices for them. I mean $50 just for Nuke Cola just so you can level up and build bunkers for new residents is a bit much.

Now Rare games returning to Nintendo consoles makes sense as the SNES and N64 days were the best time for the publisher. Plus we have Banjo-Kazooie in Smash and they deserve their games minus Nuts and Bolts to be put into a collection for the Switch with the first two games plus Grunty’s Revenge with new graphics and Banjo-Pilot.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Wow! Best Buy had Series X preorders up. I downloaded the app on my phone and spammed add to cart and it eventually worked. To make everything even better I was able to do in-store pickup. So now I can pick it up on release day. Which is even better. I just received a confirmation email so I should be good!

Pokemon Power

Bethesda has been a mess recently. I mean Fallout Shelter is rather boring if you don’t keep spending real life cash to keep funding construction and updates to your shelter with some of the packages not being so great and having ridiculously high prices for them. I mean $50 just for Nuke Cola just so you can level up and build bunkers for new residents is a bit much.

Now Rare games returning to Nintendo consoles makes sense as the SNES and N64 days were the best time for the publisher. Plus we have Banjo-Kazooie in Smash and they deserve their games minus Nuts and Bolts to be put into a collection for the Switch with the first two games plus Grunty’s Revenge with new graphics and Banjo-Pilot.
Hey, I liked Nuts & Bolts.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Hey, I liked Nuts & Bolts.
Well I was talking more about a classic collection of Banjo-Kazooie games and Nuts & Bolts sort of doesn’t fit with the classic games its vehicle building gimmick with the others being platformers. Banjo-Pilot was just thrown in as a bonus game from Banjo’s glory days.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Nier: Automata is fantastic. I played it on the PS4. I definitely recommend it.The music and gameplay is top notch.The dystopian world you're set in is definitely intriguing. Honestly, I think I plugged in around 50 hours playing the game. It's a good one folks.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Nier: Automata also lets you just buy achievements if you don't want to get them.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Dr. Azurosmitz: Behold! My wonderful creation! The Dragonator-a-nator! Huh? A Tetranadon?
Tetranadon: *puts on fedora*.
Dr. Azurosmitz: TERRY THE TETRANADON!?!?

More Perry the Platupus memes ever since the latest Monster Hunter Rise LiveStream unveiled more gameplay around the Tetranadon. Looks promising. Someone pointed out that Jagras roam the world, so Great Jagra perhaps? Also Tetranadon's animation looks to be based on Zamtrios from MH4U and Tetranadon is listed as an Amphibian Monster. For those who don't know, Monster Hunter reuses the bones of monsters in order to cut down costs in creating more monsters. It actually works creatively well and in this case, many people are expecting Zamtrios to return.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Playing Disgaea 1 Complete on Switch. A few people here and there keep nagging me to play this game, saying if you like Studio Trigger, you should absolutely play Disgaea. Gotta say it's a funny game but goddamn, Disgaea 1 is hard. I'd ask around if the difficulty early on was normal and they told me that Disgaea 1 is actually the hardest of the Disgaea games and that I should've probably got 4 or 5 lol. A friend of mines thought I was just being a noob until he tried it out himself one day remember how bullshit the mid-boss is. I will say though, planning out strategies to beat the boss and having it work is ever so satisfying. Currently on the dragon boss fight in the Frozen River.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
The grinding gimmick of Disgaea never grabbed me so I've avoided them.

Been giving shameless BotW copy - Genshin Impact - a shot, and it's pretty good. I don't know if I'd pay money for it, but it's certainly worth free.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I've been playing some Torchlight II on PS4. It's a pretty fun game. If you enjoy Dungeon Crawlers and lot's of loot drops this is the game for you. The game definitely draws comparisons to the Diablo series.

Over on Xbox I've been replaying Halo 2 on the Master Chief Collection. I also downloaded Doom Eternal since it's on Xbox Game Pass.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I've been playing some Torchlight II on PS4. It's a pretty fun game. If you enjoy Dungeon Crawlers and lot's of loot drops this is the game for you. The game definitely draws comparisons to the Diablo series.

Over on Xbox I've been replaying Halo 2 on the Master Chief Collection. I also downloaded Doom Eternal since it's on Xbox Game Pass.

I had a lot of fun with the original Torchlight, but I'd lost interest by the time Torchlight II came out. Have you played the first game at all? Curious how similar it is.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I had a lot of fun with the original Torchlight, but I'd lost interest by the time Torchlight II came out. Have you played the first game at all? Curious how similar it is.

I played the original Torchlight when I had my PC a few years ago. Honestly, it's a fun game. I do prefer Torchlight II more, though.Torchlight II seems more polished, and it has co-op if that's something that interests you.The overworld element seems even bigger and better in the second game.The game also has four new hero classes to play as. I cleared the game with an Engineer. I've been doing a second playthrough with an Outlander. Berserker is a new class as well. The game still has a pretty good modding community on PC from what I've heard. If I had a PC still I would have definitely gotten the game on Steam.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the Embermage class. It's a fun one. A lot of players love using the Embermage. It can be pretty darn OP and a lot of fun to play with.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I played the original Torchlight when I had my PC a few years ago. Honestly, it's a fun game. I do prefer Torchlight II more, though.Torchlight II seems more polished, and it has co-op if that's something that interests you.The overworld element seems even bigger and better in the second game.The game also has four new hero classes to play as. I cleared the game with an Engineer. I've been doing a second playthrough with an Outlander. Berserker is a new class as well. The game still has a pretty good modding community on PC from what I've heard. If I had a PC still I would have definitely gotten the game on Steam.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the Embermage class. It's a fun one. A lot of players love using the Embermage. It can be pretty darn OP and a lot of fun to play with.

That's good to know. If I can ever find the time I'd like to give it a shot.

One game I started playing since it came out yesterday is Star Wars Squadrons. I am enjoying the game so far. Of the story, so far I have completed the prologue and the first three missions. My male pilot flies for the Empire and is named Mandolore Shepard. My female pilot flies for the New Republic and is named Tali Tiki.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

Got to try it out on my Switch, will have to pick it up when I can. Tried out the Pikmin 3 demo and it's so much better control wise. I actually like it ok.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Got to try it out on my Switch, will have to pick it up when I can. Tried out the Pikmin 3 demo and it's so much better control wise. I actually like it ok.

Awesome! Torchlight II is on sale for $11.99 in the USA Eshop. This is definitely a great deal. The Switch version looks and plays great just like the PS4 and Xbox versions.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Since I'm committed on staying with the PS4 till next year. Yesterday I bought a 2TB external hard drive for the system.

Time to re-download games!