• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Video Game Discussion Silver Version

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Warzone will likely be multiplatform, but the main games will be console exclusive for sure.

You saw this with the Bethesda purchase, where it was initially “we don’t want to deprive people of something they would have gotten” to announcing Starfield was going exclusive soon after. It’s just bad PR to say it right away, and kind of why the current monopolizing of games isn’t great

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Phil Spencer said that Microsoft wants to keep Call of Duty multiplatform. That's the right call for business. Making Call of Duty Xbox/PC exclusive would be a bonehead move. If it stays on Playstation as well you will make more money if you're Activision/Microsoft.

bobjr

Staff member
Microsoft’s number 1 goal right now is pushing gamepass and the games on it, so I think if Sony is willing to give some big concessions it might still happen. But with the push towards less of a focused console and more of a subscription service you can also play on PC, combined with PS5’s chip shortage problem, you can easily tip the scales in your favor, and worst case you lose some revenue for the total future control of the franchise.

Especially since you can’t just take away Warzone now, so it’ll still be true. You can have that on PlayStation, but if you want the single player games moving forward after a point it’ll be Microsoft only. Granted a lot of this is based on how they did the Bethesda news.

The Mega Champion

I speculate that Call of Duty will stay multi-platform, but Crash and Spyro.... I can understand why people are ticked about this.

I've always been open minded when it comes to consoles as I play everything, so for me it's no problem. I'm not a fanboy of a particular console. Fanboy wars are absolutely pointless to me. I just enjoy playing games on all consoles. I'm not trying to flex, but I own all of the new gen consoles. Everyone's situations are different. Not everyone can afford to go out and purchase the newest console for their own reasons, though. It's completely understandable.

My whole issue is the fact that I would be purchasing a whole new console for essentially 2 franchises that may not necessarily have games as often as other franchises. So it would be a complete waste of money.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
My whole issue is the fact that I would be purchasing a whole new console for essentially 2 franchises that may not necessarily have games as often as other franchises. So it would be a complete waste of money.
I completely get it. It's understandable. Everyone has their own reasons. For me my reasons are different. I've always enjoyed having multiple consoles. The variety in games is nice, but that's just my take. If somebody wants to just stick to a particular console for whatever reason then more power to them. Not everyone has to go out and buy all consoles like me. Everyone has their own reasons for not wanting to do so and that's fine. Money plays a factor. Some people are on budgets and can't spend more money. Everyone has their own reasons.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Guess I’d better make some last minute FE DLC and VC purchases.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!

The Mega Champion

THERE IS NOW A REAL POSSIBILITY THAT DIGIMON SURVIVE AND XENOBLADE CHRONICLES 3 WILL COME OUT IN THE SAME MONTH AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO REACT.

Granted about the only way is if the Japan release date for Survive actually turns out to be a worldwide release date. Which is extremely unlikely. But I'm just saying.

WHY AM I EATING SO GOOD ALL OF A SUDDEN?!

Any words on Sonic Frontiers because SEGA last released their last Sonic game like Sonic Forces in 2017?

so what are the chance of it being rushed mess?

The Mega Champion

July is pretty much STACKED.

Klonoa in early July (all systems) and Digimon Survive and Xenoblade Chronicles in late July.

I don't think I need anything else at this point lol

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Am I the only one who's had a Mandela Effect moment with Rosalina's Ice World? I swear I remember playing that course in Mario Kart Wii with my friends... but it's a Mario Kart 7 course.

bobjr

Staff member
If you liked the first game it absolutely is.

It’s biggest flaw is probably trying to be “more” than the first game, which ends up being hit and miss on how it succeeds on that.

Pokemon Power

Won't be long now until new game announcements come out. Next month is June, and even though E3 isn't exactly happening, developers are still doing livestreams to reveal what's coming next.