• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Video Game Discussion Silver Version

The Mega Champion

Sorry but I don't know where else to put this so I'll just put it here I guess.

The end of the year is here already again. It always flies by. At the end of last year... even though I didn't post it on here and just did on the Discord... I made some 'Bold Predictions' for things that I thought would happen this year that I honestly thought would happen and made the most logical sense to me. It's true that there's still the rest of December to get through... but for the most part really nothing else really happens. But if things change I will obviously say as much. So let's review what my Bold Predictions for 2022 were and if they were correct or not shall we?

1. Digimon Survive will FINALLY come out. Result: CORRECT. Released July 29, 2022
2. Final Fantasy XVI will come out. Result: INCORRECT. Scheduled for release Summer 2023 with a solid release date likely coming at The Game Awards 2022.
3. The 2022 Pokemon game will be Generation 9. Result: CORRECT. Released November 18, 2022
4. Kingdom Hearts IV will be announced. Result: CORRECT. Announced during the 20th Anniversary Event in April 2022.
5. Persona 6 will be announced. Result: INCORRECT. They teased it for their 25th Anniversary Events last year but never announced it and makes no god damn sense to me why you would tease it and not announce it. Feel free to explain this to me if you want.
6. Sonic Frontiers will be the first decent Sonic game in potentially a decade (hard maybe). Result: INCORRECT. Sorry but I can't bring myself to say in good conscience that this is correct due to the 'critic' scores for the game when Sega themselves said they wanted it to receive 'high scores' from reviews. (an article came out back in May 2022 that I can provide evidence for if you need it saying as much). 71 on Metacritic isn't a high score. I don't know what the other Sonic game scores are but at the end of the day 71 isn't good or high. Sorry it's just not. This is all subjective and opinionated though so if you think this is actually correct feel free to try to convince me otherwise but I'm unlikely to think differently when no one else will with anything anymore.
7. WWE will go the way of WCW. Result: INCORRECT. Honestly I said this one out of frustration more than anything else. The exact literal opposite has happened now. Vince McMahon was forced to retire (THANK GOD) and Triple H regained power.

Overall 3/7 43% accurate. Worse than expected but I'll be doing better for my 2023 Bold Predictions I assure you lol. Oh well I guess.

Genos

TTYD
After 2 full years. I finally have myself a PS5! I'm so happy. :)

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’ve been playing The Oregon Trail for the switch and I actually enjoy it better than the Apple II version because there are fully animated images of the major landmarks (the forts and cities) and there are wild animals that move while you are traveling. I saw online people were complaining about the $30 price tag and saying it wasn’t worth that much but I think that they are wrong. There are unlockable story quests with a set objective that must be met in order to clear it, side quests that have different parts to them, and there’s even new wagons that unlock themselves if you meet certain requirements.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I’ve been playing The Oregon Trail for the switch and I actually enjoy it better than the Apple II version because there are fully animated images of the major landmarks (the forts and cities) and there are wild animals that move while you are traveling. I saw online people were complaining about the $30 price tag and saying it wasn’t worth that much but I think that they are wrong. There are unlockable story quests with a set objective that must be met in order to clear it, side quests that have different parts to them, and there’s even new wagons that unlock themselves if you meet certain requirements.

Nice! Did they bring back the gravestone, in case your party dies? I miss that from the original.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Nice! Did they bring back the gravestone, in case your party dies? I miss that from the original.
They did but you can only use preset options but there are ways to make them funny. I named one woman Natalie Portman and she died and her headstone says “Natalie Portman Free at last from dysentery.” She seriously caught it three times before she died. You can also say that they are free from pepperony and cheese, love, wife, family, garbage, and bacon. The game is definitely worth its price. There’s even one short story quest where you must hull a wagon full of ammunition through a desert and must keep an eye on the amount of water you have or else the wagon will explode and kill everyone and the oxen instantly. I threw out all the water because I was curious to see how long before the wagon blew up and it was almost instantaneous with only a five second delay in between discarding the water and returning to the game.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
They did but you can only use preset options but there are ways to make them funny. I named one woman Natalie Portman and she died and her headstone says “Natalie Portman Free at last from dysentery.” She seriously caught it three times before she died. You can also say that they are free from pepperony and cheese, love, wife, family, garbage, and bacon. The game is definitely worth its price. There’s even one short story quest where you must hull a wagon full of ammunition through a desert and must keep an eye on the amount of water you have or else the wagon will explode and kill everyone and the oxen instantly. I threw out all the water because I was curious to see how long before the wagon blew up and it was almost instantaneous with only a five second delay in between discarding the water and returning to the game.

Ah that's good. Sounds nice. Might wait for a sale.

Ascended Dialga

The February 2023 PlayStation State of Play for those who haven't seen it yet. While I'm not personally super-psyched for any of the games or content shown, Tchia and Goodbye Volcano High seem interesting. Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League takes up the entire second half of the presentation

NeganTheSavior

Played The Last of Us Part II. The first half is good, but it all goes downhill once you start playing as Abby.

I also bought Metroid Prime Remastered. This game was already incredible to begin with and they managed to make it even better.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Been playing Pokemon Violet and Scarlet. Really like them so far. Some of the bugs crack me up.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
I’ve been playing MK8 deluxe, the DLC included some beautiful tracks, as usual. I’m so in awe with it. I’m also very happy that we are getting new characters.

I have also been playing other two games.

1. Cruis’n Blast - I’ve seen some criticism online about the gameplay and I think it’s fair. However, I’ve been having a ton of fun playing this game. First of all, love the arcade feeling it has to it. Second, it’s aesthetically amazing and so fun to play while many other things are occurring in the track. It’s not monotonous. If you are interested in more serious racing games such as Gran Turismo and Forza then this game is definitely not for you. Lastly, I was amazed that I can use such unique characters like the Triceratops, a Helicopter, a UFO etc. I was like, what the heck?? In a good way.

2. Crash Bandicoot 4 - I bought this one thinking it was the remakes of the original trilogy (I have Spyro) so I thought I should buy this one too, instead I bought the 4th installment that came after the remakes. Didn’t notice after I got home, nevertheless I love it since it feels like the classic Crash Bandicoot. So far so good. The gameplay is fun yet challenging at times, the world is very nice to look at and I’m interested in the story so far.

Nicholas Perkins

The Smasher Demon
I got bored and decided to compile a list of playable characters in Project X Zone 1 who didn’t Return in Project X Zone 2, as well as what I’d do with some characters if they did return (denoted by bold):
  • Alisa Bosconovitch
  • Arthur
  • Bahn
  • Batsu
  • BlackRose (Solo Unit)
  • Bruno
  • Toma & Cyrille
  • Devilotte
  • Frank West & Hsien-Ko (Frank, I’d pair with Chuck Greene)
  • Haken & Kaguya
  • Sänger Zonvolt (these three didn’t return because Moon Dwellers is a thing; if any of them did, I’d pair Sänger and Haken)
  • Kurt, Riela & Imca (Selvaria Bles was a Rival Unit; if she returned, I’d make her a Rival Unit who joins you later as a Solo Unit)
  • Mii & Kogoro (though they do get a passing mention in the story)
  • Lady
  • Soma & Lindow
  • Neneko / Neito
  • Rikiya
  • Tron Bonne & Servbots

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Am I the only Mortal Kombat fan not freaking out over that whack teaser trailer for MK12?

Like, it was literally just grains of sand. Chill out. lol

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Am I the only Mortal Kombat fan not freaking out over that whack teaser trailer for MK12?

Like, it was literally just grains of sand. Chill out. lol
I thought it was not worth getting excited over too. I mean I love how they just teased that MK 12 is happening but that tease has no meaning or context right now and could literally mean anything and end up not being what will actually happen in the game.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Project Q is basically the Wii U Gamepad except it needs the internet to live rather than the console with games inserted.

Guess they didn't want to rip-off the Switch and wanted their portable touchscreen console to be different than it and the Steam Deck.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Project Q is basically the Wii U Gamepad except it needs the internet to live rather than the console with games inserted.

Guess they didn't want to rip-off the Switch and wanted their portable touchscreen console to be different than it and the Steam Deck.

Yikes. I wonder how well that'll go over in areas that have less accessibility to the internet and the like.

Just read a bit more about it, and it doesn't sound all that practical. The infrastructure isn't that good for cloud gaming as it is. If people don't have super fast internet and/or a stable connection, they'd be up a creek.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Project Q is seriously such a nonsense device. I can't see any use for that other than the typical bathroom use but imagine spending a huge amount of money just for these 5 minutes you're sitting on the pot.

Project Q is labeled as a remote device for the PS5 meaning that you have to be in the same network as the console to stream the output of your console to the Q plus you have to be in a stable network with a decent connection.

No connection to your PS5? Not functional. People may try it with VPN Remote but good luck setting that up when you sit in a train.

Also is the Q able to connect to the PS5 directly? If not then better book a hotel with free wi-fi.

So the only thing Sony had on mind with this thing is just really "hey you don't have to sit on front of your tv to play PS5 anymore!"

I don't know your preferences but when I am home and want to play PlayStation, I would rather, you know, sit on my coach and not enjoying the games on a inferior screen and with potential lag.

Looking back how much the VR2 costs and how crazy expensive the pro controller was, I expect another 250 buck price tag.

No thanks...but hey Snake Eater Remake, yay!

Genos

TTYD
Yeah I have no interest in Project Q. My playstation games are made to played on the big screen TV.

I'm 100% hyped for Spider-Man 2!