• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Video Game Discussion Silver Version

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Paid DLC in general is still bull, but it's a reality we have to live with now.

Oh, also, apparently Sony abandoned the trademark to The Last Guardian. Not exactly surprising, to me.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
She was free for everyone for like 1-2 weeks after the game launched. You didn't even have to own the game, just download her on PSN.

I'm trading in Pokemon Platinum and Black 2 for The Order 1886, then after I platinum it shortly, will be trading it in towards paying off Bloodborne. That way, I'll still be able to support RAD as I like cinematic shooters, but also have something to trade towards BB, so it's a win-win for me.

I still believe in The Last Guardian, now with a name changd. I've stuck with it for 5 1/2 years now. No reason to lose faith now! #E3TheGuardianWillRise! Also, E3 is just 118 days away.

Last edited:

Jb

Tsun in the streets
The Order 1886 has a 5 hour campaign. Don't buy that pos

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna

Revengeance only took me 4 hours. Oh no Revengeance is a POS! Alert the presses! Only idiots would pay $60 for that horrible 4 hour game. Yeah, no, I'll still buy it.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade

Short campaigns are increasingly a reality in gaming. If the content is solid, it's worth the money.

Apparently. I mean, I got Revengeance as a gift, so

idfk

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Revengeance only took me 4 hours. Oh no Revengeance is a POS! Alert the presses! Only idiots would pay $60 for that horrible 4 hour game. Yeah, no, I'll still buy it.
Revengeance wasn't mostly a movie with QTEs and pop and stop clunkly 3rd person shooting.

I mean, I don't care if you buy it or not, i'm just saying it's really short. Cod and friends can get a pass because they at least have hours worth of multiplayer gameplay. I simply can't justify buying something at full price that I can start at midnight and finish before the sun comes up.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Revengeance wasn't mostly a movie with QTEs and pop and stop clunky 3rd person shooting.

I mean, I don't care if you buy it or not, i'm just saying it's really short. Cod and friends can get a pass because they at least have hours worth of multiplayer gameplay. I simply can't justify buying something at full price that I can start at midnight and finish before the sun comes up.

ahh okay, should have told me that from the start. Now I know you have played the game. The only people who can comment about combat are people who've actually played the game. It's not like you just watch a Youtube video and deduce that the gameplay is clunky, right? Lol those people are silly

Joking aside, there are four people on Gaf who've taken 9-10 hours to beat the game. There was even one poster who said the channel that started this "5 hours? Lolololol" stupidity has previously uploaded three games that were much shorter than the average on HLTB, so there's no guarantee I'll be able to finish the game as fast as they have. There are lots of people complaining about tacked-on MP to extend a game's life, and now that there's another game without MP, people are clamoring for a tacked-on MP? If the game's great, and takes me at least 7 hours, I'm okay with that. Besides, i'm not even buying the game at full price, just a "New" copy to add sales to the game, and maybe the sequel can be greatly expanded, like what happened from Uncharted 1 -> U2. I did say this

"I'm trading in Pokemon Platinum and Black 2 for The Order 1886, then after I platinum it shortly, will be trading it in towards paying off Bloodborne."

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Where are you getting it from, I hear amazon has it 10 bucks off but I haven't checked yet.

I'll only be paying ~$30 since Pt/B2 together are worth a little over $30. I already have $30 down on Bloodborne, so if I can platinum 1886 by about Sunday, the trade value will still most likely be relatively high at $40, and that will completely pay off BB. Best Buy's Gamer Club would be better for me, but there isn't a single Best Buy in this island. I get PowerUp Rewards points though so whatevs, and I haven't really had any bad experience at GS yet.

Did this last year. Traded in 6-7 games, and got inFamois Second Son, Watch Dogs, and The Last of Us Remastered pretty much for free.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
You should seen if you have a PUR coupon. I used on and got like 57 for my Platinum.

$57? That's $17 more than it used to retail for. Never heard of PUR though. Do you have to sign up for that?

Jb

Tsun in the streets
$57? That's $17 more than it used to retail for. Never heard of PUR though. Do you have to sign up for that?

It's the powerup rewards site. You said you earn point so I assumed you have it. You should be able to sign up for free on GS's site.

Last summer they gave me a 100$ trade in coupon, and there was a 15 percent on on the site. They aslo gave you depending on how many games you traded in. I took Platinum, Black 1, Atelier Meruru, and Gears of war 3 and left with 155 worth of instore credit. Pokemon titles are pretty much the only games that will always have a high trading value so if you're trading one in, makes sure you can increase it, even if it means putting it towards an upcoming game.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Been a member for a few years now, but barely used it. I think I only used it 4-5 times, to get a Killzone themed shirt and a few of the GameStop Comic Book Variants, like 2x Amazing Spider-Man #1, Star-Lord #1, and Wolverine #1. Haven't really explored the service much, but I'll check out PUR later.

That $100 trade-in coupon definitely could have saved me even more money last year. It was basically the very first time I've ever traded in a bunch of games at once. How much did you get for Gears 3? I really want to trade it in, but last time I checked, it's only worth ~50c. I have a Japanese copy of Diamond and White, but I don't think GS accepts import copies. Only time I've seen an import from them was when I bought the only 64GB Vita memory card they had, which was weird. Why was an accessory not officialy sold by SCEA in Gamestop's database?

On gaming news, NISA is announcing a (a few? Several?) localized games on Thursday, the 19th. Hoping for Disgaea 5! I've bought D3 Vita and D4 PS3/Vita at full price at launch (double dipped), and I'll also buy D5 at launch. Just give me that August/September release date, but anytime earlier than that is also fine by me. Also Danganronpa Another Episode. I haven't played a single DR game, but would be nice for those that do.

Last edited:

Jb

Tsun in the streets
When I traded it in, i got like 2 bucks. I really only used it as a multiplier. But I had another copy I tried to trade in about a month ago and they said their not talking that game anymore.

Any good thing on the site to get is the money off coupons. I usually grab a $10 off one when I can.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
You had 2 copies of GeOW3? I have 2 physical copies of LA Noire for some reason. I don't even remember buying the game.

The coupons are very expensive though. I think $10 off is like 1000 points, which is ~$100 spent. I used up over 20K points on those expensive GameStop Variants.

Anyway, http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2015/02/17/sony-reaffirms-the-last-guardian-is-not-dead/
The Last Guardian is STILL in development. E3 2015! I can feel it! If it doesn't show up, there's always TGS! If it doesn't show up there, there's always E3 next year....

Also, another PSN sale!
Critics’ Choice Sale (PS + Discount)

Batman: Arkham City (PS3) – $11.99 (10%)
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4) – $44.99 (9%)
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Digital Pro Edition (PS4) – $79.99 (6%)
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS3) – $44.99 (9%)
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Digital Pro Edition (PS3) – $79.99 (6%)
Child of Light (PS4) – $7.50 (10%)
Child of Light (PS3) – $7.50 (10%)
Child of Light (PS Vita) – $7.50 (10%)
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (PS Vita) – $23.99 (10%)
Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (PS Vita) – $27.99 (10%)
Dark Souls 2 (PS3) – $23.99 (10%)
Destiny (PS4) – $44.99 (9%)
Destiny Digital Guardian Edition (PS4) – $71.99 (5%)
Destiny (PS3) -$44.99 (9%)
Destiny Digital Guardian Edition (PS3) -$71.99 (5%)
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls – Ultimate Evil Edition (PS4) – $34.79 (3%)
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls – Ultimate Evil Edition (PS3) -$24.79 (3%)
Disney Infinity 2.0 (PS4) – $17.99 (20%)
Disney Infinity 2.0 (PS3) – $17.99 (20%)
Dragon Age Inquisition (PS4) – $41.99 (10%)
Dragon Age Inquisition Deluxe Edition (PS4) – $48.99 (10%)
Dragon Age Inquisition (PS3) – $41.99 (10%)
Dragon Age Inquisition Deluxe Edition (PS3) – $48.99 (10%)
Far Cry 4 (PS4) – $41.99 (10%)
Far Cry 4 (PS3) – $41.99 (10%)
FIFA 15 (PS4) – $35.99 (10%)
FIFA 15 (PS3) – $35.99 (10%)
Hohokum (PS4, PS3, PS Vita) – $8.99 (10%)
Luftrausers (PS3, PS Vita) – $5.99 (10%)
Mercenary Kings (PS4) – $10.00 (10%)
Metro Redux (PS4) – $29.99 (10%)
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (PS4) – $29.99 (10%)
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (PS3) – $29.99 (10%)
Never Alone (PS4) – $10.49 (10%)
OlliOlli (PS4, PS3, PS Vita) – $3.90 (10%)
Outlast: Bundle of Terror (PS4) – $9.86 (10%)
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (PS3) – $40.19 (7%)
Risen 3: Titan Lords (PS3) – $25.00 (20%)
South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS3) – $17.99 (10%)
Tales of Xillia (PS3) – $15.00 (10%)
The Telltale Games Collection (PS4) – $55.00 (10%)
The Walking Dead Season Two (PS4) – $14.99 (10%)
The Wolf Among Us Season Pass (PS3) – $8.99 (10%)
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (PS4) – $18.00 (10%)
Ultra Street Fighter IV (PS3) – $20.00 (10%)
Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4) – $30.00 (10%)
Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS3) – $30.00 (10%)

Aksys Sale

Battle Fantasia (PS3) – $7.49
Runner2 (PS3) – $4.99
Blazing Souls Accelate (PSP, PS Vita) – $4.99
Cho Aniki Zero (PSP, PS Vita) – $2.99
Crazy Strike Bowling (PS3) – $4.99
Gladiator Begins (PSP, PS Vita)
Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom (PSP, PS Vita) – $9.99
Hakuoki: Warriors of the Shinsengumi (PSP, PS Vita) – $19.99
Hakuoki: Stores of the Shinsengumi (PS3) – $39.99
The Ikemen Bundle (PSP) – $12.49
Magus (PS3) – $7.49
Mimana Iyar Chronicle (PSP, PS Vita) – $4.99
Mind Zero (PS Vita) – $19.99
Muramasa Rebirth (PS Vita) – $12.49
Muramasa Rebirth Complete (PS Vita) – $17.49
Muramasa Rebirth Genroku Legends Collection (PS Vita) – $7.49
Ragnarok Tactics (PSP, PS Vita) – $4.99
Record of Agarest War (PS3) – $7.49
Record of Agarest War Zero (PS3) – $9.99
Record of Agarest War 2 (PS3) – $14.99
Record of Agarest War Series Bundle (PS3) – $24.99
Sweet Fuse: At Your Side (PSP, PS Vita) – $14.99
Xblaze Code: Embryo (PS3) – $39.99
Xblaze Code: Embryo (PS Vita) – $39.99
Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward (PS Vita) – $24.99

Focus Home Sale

Bound by Flame (PS4) – $19.99
Bound by Flame (PS3) – $19.99
Styx: Master of Shadows (PS4) – $11.99
Tour de France 2014 (PS4) – $19.99
Tour de France 2014 (PS3) – $19.99
Blue Estate (PS4) – $5.99
Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments (PS4) – $29.99
Contrast (PS3) – $3.49
Mars: War Logs (PS3) – $2.99
Of Orcs and Men (PS3) – $4.99
Faery: Legend of Avalon (PS3) – $2.49
Final Exam (PS3) – $2.99
Magrunner: Dark Pulse (PS3) – $1.49
Realms of Ancient War (PS3) – $2.99
Rotastic (PS3) – $0.99
Farming Simulator (PS3) – $10.49
Farming Simulator’14 (PS Vita) – $10.49
Tour de France 2013 (PS3) – $7.49

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior

Personally The Order 1866 isn't something I want to support. High budget games with generic gameplay and minimal content. It's basically this generations Heavenly Sword. Plus the developers have already gone out and said they made this with sequels in mind. And yes, I've played it.

Compare that to The Last of Us which is easily the best looking game on the PS3, has a 16 hour campaign that's loaded with extras and areas that extend off the beaten path, has average third-person shooting gameplay but with lots of interesting tweaks and variety, and a fully fleshed out multiplayer component.

also revengeance is short but it's actually a game lol

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
It's fine if you don't like the game. Lots of variety in genres today. I haven't played Heavenly Sword, but from what I remember on the X-Play review (just one example), they mainly gave it a great rating, but disappointed at the short length. How long did it take you to beat the game? If the game sells well and a sequel is okay'd, great. Seems people think the foundation has been set up well, and is ripe for more stories to tell. It could be the same situation as Uncharted, where the first game is just "okay", but the sequel cranks up everything.

RE4 and TLOU are two of the most prestigious in the genre. There's simply no comparing to those two. Even Mikami couldn't top off his own magnum opus with The Evil Within.

The Order 1886 isn't a game? Oh my. Telltale's TWD games won several Game of the Year awards. Should they be sued for false advertising? People need to get off their high horses when it comes to cinematic games.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I think we're all becoming a little too angry here.

Nah man, is chill. Angry is what you get from fanboys when reviewers give an Uncharted or Zelda game a bad score, not a discussion about what a "game" truly means.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
I'm not angry, I thought it was obvious that that part about The Order not being a game was a joke. Oh well.

For the record I'm fine with cinematic games, as long as the actual gameplay in between cutscenes is decent and not cookie-cutter/bad like Beyond Two Souls or something.

I bet Jb realized it was a joke, he gets these things.