1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

General Video Game Discussion Silver Version

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Eternal Darkness, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Rezzo

Rezzo Your milk will go cold on you

It has disgraceful support. It does support PS1 games though, but most are already available to the PSP and the Vita as is (Well, the much more notable titles, anyway).

2. Hydrohs

Hydrohs 安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。 Staff Member Super Mod

I think all the PS1 games work across all Sony devices, at least on both the Vita and PS3. Leaving no reason to ever use remote play for one of them.

3. Void Ventus

Void Ventus Sic Parvis Magna

Almost all. There are only a very select few that don't. Motortoon something (the game Polyphony Digital created before Gran Turismo) can only be played on a PS3, for instance.

I don't really use my laptop. I almost always use the Internet on my iPhone. Is there an image editor I can use that works on the Vita's Internet browser?

4. Hydrohs

Erm... there might be some, but I have no idea of any, or whether any online tools are any good. If you have a laptop I highly recommend just using that.

5. Mister_SGG

Mister_SGG Well-Known Member

It really isn't, but it still pisses me off

6. Abstinence Pistols

Abstinence Pistols Fahrvergnugen

Yet another shameless Wargame plug incoming

The thing about PC gaming for me is that to be honest I have no interest in graphics, resolution, or any of that - I just want a console with a good library. It seems like Microsoft and Sony are starting to fall back more on multiplats than exclusives, and so I can play most of the great games in their libraries on the PC. I'm perfectly okay with consoles being closer to PCs as long as they bring some great exclusives to the table, because in my opinion the selling point of the thing should be its library, not how pretty the skyscraper collapsing in the distance looks.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  7. Eternal Darkness

Eternal Darkness Eternal Evil

So I picked up Star Ocean today for PS3 and also saw Eternal Sonata. Should I pick that up too while I have money, or wait?

8. Hydrohs

I haven't heard anything bad about Eternal Sonata, seems like a pretty decent game.

9. Eternal Darkness

Ok, I'll go back and grab it. Luckily I have spring break next Thursday so I have time to play games

10. Void Ventus

Huh? I don't get this. You're saying graphics are important, but an awesome moment where a building collapses and how realistic it looks is not important? Last time I checked, better specs = better graphics.

11. Abstinence Pistols

Abstinence Pistols Fahrvergnugen

My mistake, I meant to say its library. That was pretty dumb of me, thanks for pointing it out.

12. Void Ventus

Ahh okay. Now I get you. I personally think we'll get less and less exclusives in the coming future. There's a couple of reasons I can come up with.

No dominating console. The NES, SNES, PS1, and PS2 all had fantastic exclusive 3rd-party libraries because they were the dominant console of their generations. Only console that doesn't apply is the Wii, but there's many (obvious) reasons why 3rd-parties didn't go for it. The PS3 and Xbox 360 were basically tied neck-to-neck throughout the whole 7th gen, and together sold more than the Wii. Right now, the PS4 is the dominating console, but let's see if they can manage to keep it that way for the whole year.

PC-like architecture. The PS4 and Xbone are so close to mid-tier PCs, so it wouldn't take much more to make a PC version. Plus, PC gaming has grown so big thanks to Lord Gaben and Steam. Consoles are still bigger worldwide, but if Steam continues to get bigger every year, 3rd-parties might want to get in on all the moneyz (even if most of them will be from Steam sales)

How many 3rd-party exclusives did the Xbox 360 get compared to the PS3? I guess moneyhatting will also get you exclusives, which is why I'm mad at how the Playstation division is being done right now. They think since the PS version will sell more than the Xbox version anyways, so they just let the games be multiplatforms :/

13. Eternal Darkness

Well, fuck

Star Ocean kept doing weird stuff whenever I put it in. I dunno if it's the game itself or my PS3, but it took 3 times for the first battle to load, and at the next loading screen 10 minutes later, it never got off the now loading screen. It kinda makes me mad, but I'm pretty sure my PS3 still works, since Tales of Symphonia was running fine Tuesday

I'll try Eternal Sonata, but I probably need to switch out Star Ocean

EDIT: Put both Symphonia and Eternal Sonata, both ran fine. I'll try and go to Gamestop tomorrow and see what they say

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  14. Void Ventus

Was the disc scratched? Blu-rays are a bajillion times more resilient to scratches than DVDs, but my cousin still managed to get my copy of Gran Turismo 5 heavily scratched and unplayable. And by unplayable, I mean the PS3 just spits it out before the disc icon can even appear on the XMB.

15. Hydrohs

I don't think there's anything wrong with multi-platform console games since you're really getting the same experience no matter which console you get it for (Not taking into account Wii/Wii U since they're much less powerful than their competitors). I'd much rather Microsoft and Sony not try and fight to get exclusives.

16. Eternal Darkness

No, the disc is perfectly fine. I can get into the game, but things just do not load.

Also the case smells strongly like weed, but I doubt that has an effect on the game and how the game would work

17. Mister_SGG

Mister_SGG Well-Known Member

Idk man... weed can really strongly affect discs and sometimes ruin their lives

Srs: If it is just that game, try and return it, I guess? If it's a recent purchase just get reimbursed and get a new copy.

18. Eternal Darkness

Pretty much what I was thinking. Had time to play it last night, it didn't work well, I'll just get a new copy or something

19. Eternal Darkness

So, instead of finishing Tales of Symphonia, playing Eternal Sonata or Atelier Logy and Escha something something something, I'm trying to get through Persona 3 FES again. I've always stopped playing it because my PS3 has problems so this is my 4th or 5th or 6th try.

Played it 11 hours straight or something and made it to June 30th and managed to max out a S. Link.

Now if my PS3 cooperates, and I manage not to screw up, hopefully I'll finish it this time, and before spring break is over

20. Void Ventus

Are you talking about me or SGG? If me, no can do. Got the game when it came out in December 2010. Trading in a 3 year old game? I'd probably get half a penny as my trade value.

Weed? We are safe. We have never done any drugs or herbs. We are not potheads. See, if we really were potheads, I would have said "ain't" instead of "are not", because being informal instantly means you've done crime and should be in juvenile hall. Hail our grammar and spelling overlords! /s

Anyways, I finally bought a PS4 today! Got MGSV:GZ, and tried out remote play. Was meh. But I was only fooling around and have not settled into the game yet. Is it possible to trade in the game at the same store I bought the game (GameStop) for inFamous Second Son, and only pay $30 for that? I'm a MGS fan, but I don't think I'd rather play ISS for now.

Was stupid for not going to the SEN website, and grabbing my free Plus games. Some have already left, but Resogun is still free, and Mercenary Kings is this month's free PS4 game. The codes expiring on the 3/31/14 sucked major nuts. The $10 PSN code expired, and so did the PS3->PS4 $10 upgrade. Would have been happy to play Ghosts MP on my Vita.

PS is the PS4 suppose to have a soft whirling sound? I can only hear it if i'm close to it (~4 feet), but I'd like to know if that's normal. I heard it while testing out Blu-ray movies and updating the PS4 system update.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014