1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

General Video Game Discussion Silver Version

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Eternal Darkness, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Eternal Darkness

Eternal Darkness Eternal Evil

Hey, so I'm having a problem with my PS3

The picture won't display at all when I try to turn it on. It's connected to the TV via HDMi, I can hear the sounds of the PS3 working, but going into safe mode and doing options 1,3, and 4 don't help at all

Anyone have any ideas?

2. Void Ventus

Void Ventus Sic Parvis Magna

Keep jiggling your HDMIs... Or unplug it, wait 5-10 seconds, then plug it back in.

3. Hydrohs

Hydrohs 安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。 Staff Member Super Mod

Have you tried other cables/other devices with that cable to rule that out?

4. Rezzo

Rezzo Your milk will go cold on you

Hold down the power button while you power it up for like 10 seconds or something. The power beep should go off again, and it should detect the HDMI settings and display on the screen assuming there's nothing wrong with the cable or the port.

Edit: Oh that's what safe mode is. I'm inclined to think there's a problem with the port or the cable, then. Try a different cable.

5. Abstinence Pistols

Abstinence Pistols Fahrvergnugen

The demo for Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle is out on PSN as of today. If you like Jojo and fighting games (mostly if you like Jojo), go download it. The only characters you can play as are Dio Brando, Caesar, and Jotaro, but it's fantastic nonetheless.

My only complaint is that they changed some of the names for no apparent reason. Seriously, Polnareff's name is now Jean Pierre Eiffel. Like, of all the ****ing names, they made his new last name Eiffel. What the hell? And of course Stardust Crusaders got the most reps since it's the part everyone knows. Seriously, Hol Horse, the character whose stand is a gun, got into a fighting game, and Diego Brando with Scary Monster didn't (Steel Ball Run got all of three reps wow). The fact that I could have gotten to see Scary Monster beat the hell out of Jonathan and I won't makes me so unhappy like you wouldn't believe.

But the game is still fun.

6. Void Ventus

Thanks for the notice! Will download later. How big is it, over 2 gigs?

I just downloaded Dream Club on PS4, and the game has a really easy trophy list. I could play it on my Japanese account, but not my US account. It says I don't have the license or something like that. What the heck... On PS3, I could play JP games on my US account. Anyone know how to fix this?

7. Abstinence Pistols

Surprisingly, no. It's a little less than 800 MB. Really nice.

8. Void Ventus

I don't have a lot of space left, so I just stacked my PS4 on a giant piece of styrofoam stacked on top of a DVD player my family don't use anymore. Will the styrofoam cause heating problem on the bottom of my PS4, or is it perfectly fine, as long as it's not two or more electronics stacked on top of each other?

image.jpg

Random P.S. left to it is a DJ Hero (a game I don't have and have never played before) sticker on the side of my Wii. I think a GameStop employee was giving one away around the game's release. I had no interest in the game, but a free sticker's a free sticker!

Edit: Dang! Why do I have to turn my head??!! And that DVD player is really dirty :/

9. Hydrohs

You can just put the PS4 on top of the DVD player...

10. Gamer Fluttershy

Gamer Fluttershy Well-Known Member

Screw the DVD Player put it on top of another console PS4 can play DVDs

11. Void Ventus

Anything wrong with stacking electronics on giant blocks of styrofoam?

My PS3 and Xbox 360 are like 2 inches apart from each other, and the PS3 Slim is a bit taller by a 2-3 inches. The DVD PLAYER will be slanted, slide down and fall, most likely dropping on my feet and cause me to yell like Tom from Tom and Jerry. Should probably just donate it. Already got enough DVD/Bluray players.

Anyways, anyone have squeaky Dualshock 4 L2/R2 triggers? R2's not too bad, but L2 just squeaks like nobody's business when I press down on it.

12. The Admiral

The Admiral solid state survivor

Now, see, I was going to say that it was because maybe Polnareff's name was a reference to something and they had to go around that, but I can't find any evidence of that being true.

13. Hydrohs

Besides the fact that it looks stupid and will act as an insulator (thus making your device hotter) styrofoam fumes can kill you.

14. Abstinence Pistols

I didn't think so either, but

I wonder why Polnareff didn't get to keep his name but Dio Brando did. I don't know which one is worse, though - that, or the fact that they changed Sticky Fingers to "Zipper Man".

15. Steampunk

Steampunk One Truth Prevails

Wow, the Gamestop near me has used PS4s already, I'm getting tempted.

16. Hydrohs

How much cheaper are they?

17. Steampunk

Steampunk One Truth Prevails

*facepalm*
    Well, admittedly, I just saw "used", I just looked up how much a used one costs and new ones on Gamestop's website, and its only like $10 cheaper. I'd rather sped the extra $10 for a new one XD

18. The Admiral

The Admiral solid state survivor

I... huh.

I dunno, man. Weird, weird inconsistencies re: localizations.

19. Mister_SGG

Mister_SGG Well-Known Member

So you're telling me that you shouldn't breathe in styrofumes??

20. Hydrohs

Typical.

Yeah pretty much.