• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Video Game Discussion Silver Version

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Besides the fact that it looks stupid and will act as an insulator (thus making your device hotter) styrofoam fumes can kill you.

It looks stupid? t____t

I haven't really notice my PS3 or PS4 get any hotter, but now that I know it can kill you *gulp*, I'll throw it away.

*facepalm*
Well, admittedly, I just saw "used", I just looked up how much a used one costs and new ones on Gamestop's website, and its only like $10 cheaper. I'd rather sped the extra $10 for a new one XD

How much tax do you have to pay for consoles? I bought MGS GZ alongside my PS4, and the total game out to like $455. Over $20 for the PS4? Ridiculous. They also $62.99 for games, while the Sears which is 2 minutes away sells the games for $59.99.

Anyways, I've read a few of your comments, and it seems you're mostly a PC gamer. Any reason why you a PS4? For exclusives and to play KHIII, FFXV, Phantom Pain, etc? If you don't mind playing at a lower resolution, you can just look at the Xbone. That console is getting so much discounts and deals, that you might find one cheaper than the Wii U several months from now. I've even seen deals for the same price as a PS4 in Europe. But I guess by the time those games start coming out, both consoles will probably already have $100 official price drops.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
We have 15% sales tax here so none of you Americans can complain. I don't think any of your states have tax that high.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
We have 15% sales tax here so none of you Americans can complain. I don't think any of your states have tax that high.

So, uh, I just googled it, clicked on Bloomberg.com, and this is the description for Hawaii

Hawaii
Top income tax rate: 11%
Sales tax: 4%
Property tax per capita: $1,028
Estate tax: 0.8% to 16% with $5.25 million exemption
Hawaii has the second-highest income tax rate in the country. In 2010, Hawaii reinstated its estate tax for those who died after April 30, 2010. The state is one of seven that impose the full sales tax rate on groceries, according to Bloomberg BNA. Still, Hawaii's combined state and local sales tax rate of 4.35 percent places it near the bottom of the pack.

4% vs 15%
$416 vs 460 UK pounds = $669 (€ or £? I confuse these two. And is the conversion correct?). I guess I have no reason to complain then haha

Vidergaemz are srz biz. So expensive

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
So fuck

2 Vita games within a week, and I only have money for one. Should I get Demon Gaze or Conception II?

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
How much tax do you have to pay for consoles?

Anyways, I've read a few of your comments, and it seems you're mostly a PC gamer. Any reason why you a PS4? For exclusives and to play KHIII, FFXV, Phantom Pain, etc? If you don't mind playing at a lower resolution, you can just look at the Xbone. That console is getting so much discounts and deals, that you might find one cheaper than the Wii U several months from now. I've even seen deals for the same price as a PS4 in Europe. But I guess by the time those games start coming out, both consoles will probably already have $100 official price drops.
I believe we have %6 tax.
Yeah, I am mostly a PC gamer, but I am kind of addicted to KH so I need to get either PS4 or a XBO. I have never purchased an Xbox system, but I do have a PS2, and a PSP, so I am familiar with Sony products.
And yeah, I probably wont buy either one until something comes out that I really want, most likely KHIII, and that's probably going to be a while, hopefully the price will have dropped a bit by then.

Why anyone would want to buy Conception II, I'm not sure.
I don't think anyone would get it as a serious game, just one for laughs. I actually saw some pics from it, and the battle scenes didn't look that bad.

Last edited:

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
To be fair, from what I've heard of it it's got pretty alright gameplay with way too much fan service.

I saw it had Persona 3/4 gameplay, thought, oh that might be fun, it has a bonus LE, why not?

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Why anyone would want to buy Conception II, I'm not sure.
For people who want to bang their waifus. I consider Rise my one and only WAIFU (ok, I lie. But she's my #1 WAIFU in P4, next to Naoto then Chie), and I would have liked to do her offscreen and make little Persona summoning babies and it would be like totally legal because the age of consent in Japan is way younger than in the US (EU too maybe?), but no dice. In Conception II? BANG AWAY!!!! That Loli? Bang her and make the ultimate demon killing monster... Anime is weird and awesome.

I saw it had Persona 3/4 gameplay, thought, oh that might be fun, it has a bonus LE, why not?
Always get Atlus LEs and CEs and whatever special editions they have. I'm still kicking myself for not pre-ordering the P4G special edition sooner enough. Dem stickers :(

Edit: Is "bang"/"banging" someone appropriate on this site? Maybe it is, but not in this context? If so, please tell me and I'll edit it to "shagging" or "shag" or "shagadelic"

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I played the demo on 3DS for Conception II; the battle system is pretty deep, though I was disappointed in the fact that the so-called "labyrinths" aren't really mazes as much as they are really windy paths. I dunno if that's just because they're dumbed down for the demo, though.

For people who want to bang their waifus... In Conception II? BANG AWAY!!!! That Loli? Bang her and make the ultimate demon killing monster... Anime is weird and awesome.

You don't actually "bang" your 2D aminay waifus; rather, you hold hands with them to perform a ritual that results in another little brat.

Wear gloves, fellas.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I played the demo on 3DS for Conception II; the battle system is pretty deep, though I was disappointed in the fact that the so-called "labyrinths" aren't really mazes as much as they are really windy paths. I dunno if that's just because they're dumbed down for the demo, though.

You don't actually "bang" your 2D aminay waifus; rather, you hold hands with them to perform a ritual that results in another little brat.

Wear gloves, fellas.

*Signature quote*
So how am I going to act out my wildest fantasy with my animu garufurendo?? I can't even do a loli the normal way??

And this "holding hands" thing... What if I hold my own hands? Will that get me preggo? Or will that turn me curious? Gee, thanks Japan! First you say I can capture God and put it in my pockets, and now I get preggers for washing my hands :/

Anyways, I just pulled out my PSP Go because I decided to give it away. I recharged it, and made sure it had lots of games already downloaded (like Peace Walker, FFVII/VIII/IX, Gran Turismo, etc), and wow. I almost didn't want to give it away. I had about $50+ worth of digital comics in that (before it was discontinued, but I still had access to the ones I bought and still readable). I had all 5 issues of Marvel Zombies 1 and 2, all 6 issues of the Thanos mini-series where he killed several Avengers, several different X-Men books (House of M, the original 1960s comcs, etc), the first two Spider-Man issues, and lots more comics from DC and other publishers. I'd definitely be happy if the 3DS and Vita got digital comic services. The other thing that I'm gonna miss is being able to pause your games. The Vita can do that, but if you want to play another game, you'll have to close the previous game. Was a great feature. Also forgot, it had a 16gb built in memory!! I'm feeling sad now :( I paid full price for the thing, and I'm probably one of the 10 people who had one, but that was a heck of a handheld.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
This conversation has taken a very awkward turn for the worst.
You know you have your sick fantasies too. *cough* your avatar *cough*
And speaking of your avatar, who is that? That's not some Zero-rated version of Professor Sycamore, is it? Is that Fenrich from Disgaea 4?

Well how's this for a new topic. Has anyone made any recent video game purchases?

For me, it was just FFX/X-2 HD Remaster on PS3.
I did just get the DCUO Origins bundle on PSN like a few days ago, for $5. Downloaded, installed it, created my character (I didn't see an option to adjust breast sizes. I guess every girl in the DCU drank their milk and are now very well endowed), was gonna start playing, then BOOOOOM! I get an error, and I can't play. Effing socks. My last three retail games were MGS GZ, FFX-2, and BD CE.

Mario Kart 8 looks FANTASTIC!! And the recent Watch Dogs PAX East gameplay footage looked great (better than the commercials last month). Other than those two, eh. E3 is really close, and can't wait for more stuff announced.

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
You know you have your sick fantasies too.

I did just get the DCUO Origins bundle on PSN like a few days ago, for $5. Downloaded, installed it, created my character (I didn't see an option to adjust breast sizes. I guess every girl in the DCU drank their milk and are now very well endowed), was gonna start playing, then BOOOOOM! I get an error, and I can't play. Effing socks. My last three retail games were MGS GZ, FFX-2, and BD CE.

Mario Kart 8 looks FANTASTIC!! And the recent Watch Dogs PAX East gameplay footage looked great (better than the commercials last month). Other than those two, eh. E3 is really close, and can't wait for more stuff announced.

Sadly I have fantasies too, sigh. But anyway Mario Kart 8 looks so fun! I wish I had a Wii U, the game looks like it controls tight. Watch_Dogs, that game looks fun, I mean Aiden can literally hack Chicago apart! So what's the story behind Watch_Dogs?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Well how's this for a new topic. Has anyone made any recent video game purchases?

For me, it was just FFX/X-2 HD Remaster on PS3.

Only thing I've bought recently was the newest Hatsune Miku Project Diva game.

You know you have your sick fantasies too. *cough* your avatar *cough*
And speaking of your avatar, who is that? That's not some Zero-rated version of Professor Sycamore, is it? Is that Fenrich from Disgaea 4?

It's Aikuro Mikisugi from Kill la Kill.

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
Well the last game I bought was Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls and coming back to the game after a year long hiatus I'm glad to see Blizzard has been tweaking and fixing the game really significantly. All the new additions are very nice as well and finding better loot has become much easier now as well.