• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Video Game Discussion Silver Version

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Hatsune Miku? What's that, I haven't heard of it. Is it a rhythm game?

Yeah, they're rhythm games.

I plan on picking up Bravely Default and FF X/X-2 HD at some point as well.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Yeah, they're rhythm games.

I plan on picking up Bravely Default and FF X/X-2 HD at some point as well.
I personally can't stand the Hatsune Miku games all because of the voice. The concept is that she's a vocaloid, but the voice is something I just can't stand. I guess that's how "purists" must feel like when they don't hear the original Japanese voices. But speaking of touch rhythm games, I'm still kicking myself for not getting DJ Max Technica Tune when I saw the physical copy at GameStop two years ago. I don't know if that's rare now, and I could just download it on PSN if I wanted, but hnnnnnggh. You know what I bought instead of it? MGS HD Collection for Vita. DOH! Maybe I'll see it again in stock someday, but I doubt it.

Oh that's good to know. I have actually played the Bravely Default demo from the Eshop and I really like it, the Job System is super fun.
Being able to fast forward the gameplay by 4X is a GODSEND! This feature would have saved so much hours on my FFX HD platinum. Being able to adjust difficulty on the fly and encounter rates were also great additions. And having different jobs was nice. But what brought it all down was the story. "Great Gameplay > Great Story" and all that, but you know what makes a game even better? Having both. You can read what I thought of the game on the Bravely Default thread, but let's just say the four main characters are the dumbest characters I've played as since... I don't know. Sometime long ago, I guess. One dumb character is bad enough, but having all four is just rage-inducing.

I would have bought Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn on PS4, but man, that $15/m is just something I can't deal with. I had fun with the beta, but monthly payment is a NO-NO.

Last edited:

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
I personally can't stand the Hatsune Miku games all because of the voice. The concept is that she's a vocaloid, but the voice is something I just can't stand.

Being able to fast forward the gameplay by 4X is a GODSEND! This feature would have saved so much hours on my FFX HD platinum. Being able to adjust difficulty on the fly and encounter rates were also great additions. And having different jobs was nice. But what brought it all down was the story. "Great Gameplay > Great Story" and all that, but you know what makes a game even better? Having both. You can read what I thought of the game on the Bravely Default thread, but let's just say the four main characters are the dumbest characters I've played as since... I don't know. Sometime long ago, I guess. One dumb character is bad enough, but having all four is just rage-inducing.

I would have bought Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn on PS4, but man, that $15/m is just something I can't deal with. I had fun with the beta, but monthly payment is a NO-NO.

Whats a Vocaloid anyway? But fast-fowarding battle speed is SO AWESOME, I mean all JRPGs need something like that. And control of random encounters is useful, so I can grind, or explore with no attacks. Wait you hate the cast of the game? They don't seem that bad. So FFXIV, is it good? Like if you never played an MMO at all.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I personally can't stand the Hatsune Miku games all because of the voice. The concept is that she's a vocaloid, but the voice is something I just can't stand. I guess that's how "purists" must feel like when they don't hear the original Japanese voices.

There are so many different Vocaloids and songs that you shouldn't really write it all off like that, but I don't disagree that Miku's voice can be very annoying. It's very often quite grating.

Whats a Vocaloid anyway?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vocaloid

Start there, PM me if you want more info. This thread's not really the place for it.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Whats a Vocaloid anyway? But fast-fowarding battle speed is SO AWESOME, I mean all JRPGs need something like that. And control of random encounters is useful, so I can grind, or explore with no attacks. Wait you hate the cast of the game? They don't seem that bad. So FFXIV, is it good? Like if you never played an MMO at all.

I don't think this is the thread for it. There's already a dedicated BD thread, and my user review is in there, but yes, HATE is an understatement. Take a read if you want.

FFXIV was great! This isn't the thread to discuss it though. Maybe I'll post in the FF thread later.

Anyone still play DDR? I tried playing on Difficult, and the song I chose wasn't that difficult, but my pad doesn't have padding on the bottom, which of course makes playing on higher difficulties even more difficult. The padded dance pads on Amazon are only ~$15, so I might get one.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I play Stepmania, I'm useless on pad though. I'd really like to practice but I don't have a pad so my only option would be going to a theatre that has a machine.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I play Stepmania, I'm useless on pad though. I'd really like to practice but I don't have a pad so my only option would be going to a theatre that has a machine.

I just googled it, and it said it's a PC, Linux, and Windows version of DDR? Isn't there a converter that allows you to use Dance Pads from consoles to the PC? I'd like to get the metal ones in arcades, but they're too expensive, and I don't have enough space in my room. The MUCH cheaper, plastics pads are decent enough though.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I just googled it, and it said it's a PC, Linux, and Windows version of DDR? Isn't there a converter that allows you to use Dance Pads from consoles to the PC? I'd like to get the metal ones in arcades, but they're too expensive, and I don't have enough space in my room. The MUCH cheaper, plastics pads are decent enough though.

Yeah, that's exactly it, and I could definitely get one of the cheap pads, but I don't have space to use one. I've used them before and I'd really rather not waste my money on them anyway. I'll stick to keyboard for now.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Yeah, that's exactly it, and I could definitely get one of the cheap pads, but I don't have space to use one. I've used them before and I'd really rather not waste my money on them anyway. I'll stick to keyboard for now.

I only have a little bit of space, but still enough that I don't break anything when the pad slides around (which is annoying). I thought having carpets would prevent it from sliding, but I guess not.

Anyways, anyone saw the NPDs? Even with packed-in Titanfall Xbone bundles, the PS4 still outsold it. Those crazy deals did nothing.

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
Anyways, anyone saw the NPDs? Even with packed-in Titanfall Xbone bundles, the PS4 still outsold it. Those crazy deals did nothing.

I did and it was dumb of Microsoft to make available on PC and Xbox 360, and worst of all Titanfall was bundled with Xbones for free! That's not good at all! And speaking of bundles, do you guys think there's hope for the Wii U if it was bundled with MK8 for free? I'm thinking yes, but if it doesn't work, the U might as well be GameCube 2.

Last edited:

Abstinence Pistols

I intend to get FFX/X-2 HD soon. Same with JoJo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle.

I was seriously considering getting All Star Battle, but now I'm not so sure for the sole reason that I remembered I suck hard at every fighting game that isn't Super Smash Bros. It still looks like a fun game, though, and getting Kira for free with the preorder is nice. Either way I'll definitely be looking towards the release to see what kind of reception it gets.
Well how's this for a new topic. Has anyone made any recent video game purchases?

For me, it was just FFX/X-2 HD Remaster on PS3.
I just got Wargame: Red Dragon. I'm away from my PC right now so I haven't played it, but to be honest I'm a little worried. The game is supposed to have some serious issues - most of it is stuff that can be patched out like balance (as usual trash because le Eugen French bias honhonhonhonhon) but there are also some fundamental issues like how they've changed how you build decks, and the map design being a big step down from Airland Battle. I've asked around a lot and looked at the impressions of the beta but I can't really get a consensus at all.

I still have high hopes and I don't think I regret the 30 bucks just yet but if it does turn out to be that big of a step back from Airland Battle I'll be really disappointed. ALB is in my opinion one of the pinnacles of the RTS genre and I would have been satisfied with just more units and some new maps. I guess I'll find out when I install it, though.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Well, my most recent purchase was Conception II. Has yet to arrive in the mail, but eh. I may scourge up enough money for Demon Gaze soon, anyway so yay

But my most recent purchase I have is Final Fantasy X. Has yet to capture my heart, still on the first island, but I'll get through it at some point

Mister_SGG

Well how's this for a new topic. Has anyone made any recent video game purchases?

My interest in my PS3 has really gone on a downward spiral as of late so the only games I plan on buying in then next few years are Borderlands: The PreSequel, Star Wars Battlefront and the next 3arc COD game (the latter two will be on a PS4 which I'll have acquired by their releases)

You don't actually "bang" your 2D aminay waifus; rather, you hold hands with them to perform a ritual that results in another little brat.

Wear gloves, fellas.

This is pretty great, not gonna lie

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
My interest in my PS3 has really gone on a downward spiral as of late so the only games I plan on buying in then next few years are Borderlands: The PreSequel, Star Wars Battlefront and the next 3arc COD game (the latter two will be on a PS4 which I'll have acquired by their releases)

Get Borderlands on PC.

I need more Borderlands friends.