• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Video Game Discussion Silver Version

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I have the full game. Want to buy Dead or Alive Extreme 3 DLC, so I thought might as well get a ¥10000 PSN Card, buy SO5 digitally, and have leftover (game was ¥8600, so I only have a small change left for hopefully not expensive DLC).

Why buy an RPG you can't understand? Especially at full price.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Why buy an RPG you can't understand? Especially at full price.

I've imported quite a few JRPGs before, like Pokémon Diamond/Plat/Black, Dragon Quest Heroes/Builders, and Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth. Didn't understand the story, but still managed to beat all of them. Around 3 hours, and SO5 is still very linear. A lot of blocked off areas for now, and you can't get lost since there's a star marker on the map showing you where to go. There's a JRPG group on the PS4 Communities section that I've joined, and I like to post my impressions/pics there to help other users decide whether to get the eventual localizations or not.

Found out Lunafreya's JP name is Lunafrena. Well that was an unnecessary 1 letter name change.

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I've imported quite a few JRPGs before, like Pokémon Diamond/Plat/Black, Dragon Quest Heroes/Builders, and Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth. Didn't understand the story, but still managed to beat all of them. Around 3 hours, and SO5 is still very linear. A lot of blocked off areas for now, and you can't get lost since there's a star marker on the map showing you where to go. There's a JRPG group on the PS4 Communities section that I've joined, and I like to post my impressions/pics there to help other users decide whether to get the eventual localizations or not.

Found out Lunafreya's JP name is Lunafrena. Well that was an unnecessary 1 letter name change.

I was more asking because I don't see the point in playing an RPG like that if you don't know the story, the story is why I play those games myself.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I was more asking because I don't see the point in playing an RPG like that if you don't know the story, the story is why I play those games myself.

I'm just in it for the gameplay. I'll care about the story when the US release is out.

Searched you. You the one with the butcher cleaver with the curved tip avatar?

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm just in it for the gameplay. I'll care about the story when the US release is out.

I see, even when I don't care about the story I really find myself frustrated when I'm missing something which is why I'm still apprehensive about playing Japanese games, despite having a pretty good understanding of Japanese now.

Searched you. You the one with the butcher cleaver with the curved tip avatar?

Yeah, it's the Greatsword icon from Monster Hunter. My Japanese icon is Youmu if you add that one too.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I see, even when I don't care about the story I really find myself frustrated when I'm missing something which is why I'm still apprehensive about playing Japanese games, despite having a pretty good understanding of Japanese now.

Yeah, it's the Greatsword icon from Monster Hunter. My Japanese icon is Youmu if you add that one too.
I may not fully understand the story because my Japanese is 2nd grade level, but watching the cutscenes can still give you a general idea of what's going on.

Are MH avatars available on PSN? Or do you have the PlayStation mobile app, took a picture of it, then used it as your avatar? That's what I did for my Sora avatar since there's no KH avatars up on the store.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I may not fully understand the story because my Japanese is 2nd grade level, but watching the cutscenes can still give you a general idea of what's going on.

Are MH avatars available on PSN? Or do you have the PlayStation mobile app, took a picture of it, then used it as your avatar? That's what I did for my Sora avatar since there's no KH avatars up on the store.

Yeah there are a ton of MH avatars available, or they were. I don't know if avatars ever get taken off the store. I bought them years ago.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
12494785_10209340910346640_5041163959282370073_n.jpg

Amazing what you win in a raffle.

What games other than Shadow of the Colossus and Okami should I get to start building this collection? Should I search for the remaining .hack and Xenosaga episodes?

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
If you are interested in those series, yes.

If you're willing to play a game that is a tad janky just to experience some REALLY weird ****, you should also grab Drakengard if you can (Drakengard 2 is of minor value at most). Ico is also pretty well regarded. I personally consider MGS2 as good as or even better than MGS3, too, so if you like the MGS series, make sure you get that.

Honestly, I probably should ask what you have for PS2 stuff. Is it just that? I assume so. I probably could find a list of other PS2 games that are of some value.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
For Neptunia, the Rebirth 1 game goes on sale for cheap a lot. It's just a remake of the first game.most of the Compile games here are Neptunia games. As for Senran, ID start on the 3ds and then move on the sony games

I'm not sure I'll like Nep but eh I guess I can try one game. It just doesn't seem like my thing.

As for Senran I've played most of them and will be picking up Estival Versus eventually.

Damn, you really are an Idea Factory/Compile Heart fan.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
At the very least, when it goes on sale on Steam it's cheap enough to investigate ($6 plus tax).

I still think it sucks, but it's not going to break the bank.