• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Video Game Discussion Silver Version

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Somehow I don't think I've heard of this game until this morning. It looks pretty interesting though, I'll probably give this demo a shot at the very least.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I've also never heard of that game. But I guess demo is enough to try out
Damn, you really are an Idea Factory/Compile Heart fan.
Mostly. Their games reminds me of the late 90s early 2000s AA game. Ones there weren't AAA but also wasn't shovelware and they didn't need to be afraid to take risks. I don't think Neptunia is the greatest series but in the current world of AAA or Indies, it's breath of fresh air IMO.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Neptunia definitely isn't ground breaking, it's grindy and there are a lot of re-used assets for areas and stuff, but I enjoyed the first one well-enough and I'll be playing the other eventually as well. As Jb said, it's definitely different from what's currently out there.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Ni-Oh was one of the early PS3 games first revealed. Just like FFversusXIII, it's been on and off developments with a few updates here and there, and last year was when they unveiled it again, now exclusively for PS4, after years of silence (2010 was probably when the last info was given). Think of like Ninja Gaiden X SoulsBorne.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Ni-Oh was one of the early PS3 games first revealed. Just like FFversusXIII, it's been on and off developments with a few updates here and there, and last year was when they unveiled it again, now exclusively for PS4, after years of silence (2010 was probably when the last info was given). Think of like Ninja Gaiden X SoulsBorne.

It looks more like Onimusha × SoulsBorne to me... which is great because I really enjoyed Onimusha back in the day when Capcom wasn't ****.

Interestingly enough I enjoyed the Onimusha games more than the Devil May Cry games.

Last edited:

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Speaking of Neptunia, the new Limited Edition for the Blanc game was just announced

http://www.iffysonlinestore.com/blanc-zombies-limited-edition/

Preorder starts on 4/11 at 10am PDT!

Includes:

MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies for the PlayStation®Vita system
MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies Blanc Mini-Figure
MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies Official Artbook
MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies Official Soundtrack
Collector's Box
Reversible Cover Sleeve Art

The figure alone goes for half the price of the whole thing so it seems like a decent deal to me.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
It looks more like Onimusha × SoulsBorne to me... which is great because I really enjoyd Onimusha back in the day when Capcom wasn't ****.

Interestingly enough I enjoyed the Onimusha games more that the Devil May Cry games.

Man, the Onimusha series was pretty legit. It's just a shame I no longer own them. That was a mistake.

It's a shame that the franchise didn't continue into the next generation, I... guess. Capcom shat the bed, of course, so maybe it's fine.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Have any of us played Enter the Gungeon yet? Looks like a lot of fun, and I've been on a roll with games like this since I picked up The Binding of Isaac not so long ago

I'm interested in trying it, but I have too much to play right now to devote any more time to another new game.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Man, the Onimusha series was pretty legit. It's just a shame I no longer own them. That was a mistake.

It's a shame that the franchise didn't continue into the next generation, I... guess. Capcom shat the bed, of course, so maybe it's fine.

Onimusha 2 is my favorite in the (main) series, the only one I haven't played is Dawn of Dreams. I haven't played any of the spinoffs but Onimusha tactics might be something I could look into if only because I'm a sucker for srpg's.

Currently playing Arkham Knight and its pretty good, I don't mind the Batmobile missions either. Never been a fan of the combat in the Arkham games though.

Asylum is still my favorite though.

Still waiting on DOAX3 to get here, any day now.

Also waiting for golden week sales.

Last edited:

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
16 hours into SO5. For about 2 hours of gameplay, I didn't obtain any EXP from enemies because I didn't know I equipped a Role that prevents you from earning EXP ugggghhhh Would have been over Lv50 now if I unequipped the Role sooner. The game is fun, but the constant members leaving and joining is so shet, the biggest reason why I could never really enjoy FFIV. Also one of the many gripes I have with the game is excessive backtracking. I was so happy when fast travel finally unlocked, but not even 2 hours of gameplay later, I can't anymore due to story reasons.

mega snorlax

Not gonna lie, that's really bloody impressive.

This and God of War 4 will likely be the prettiest games this generation.
The fact that it looks ridiculously good despite Youtube's compression is quite a testament to how much it pushes boundaries in a console. Plus the fact that this will be the longest game in the series and has up to 10 times more explorable space, as per Naughty Dogs.
I'm more concerned with the PS4 however; it's known to be incredibly quiet, but as soon as it plays Uncharted 4, it might just scream in agony. How the heck did they do this in a £250 console? The textures, details, lighting, animations and especially the physics is leaps and bounds ahead of every other console game as a whole package, plus the massively improved AI and the gameplay mechanics has expanded heavily. Now THAT'S how you give an incredible series a send-off it deserves.

dman_dustin

Hope I can ask this here.

I have $2.08 on steam, what is the best game I can get for that? And by best, I mean the game with the most content. Or should I get Darksiders which is currently on sale for $1.99?

By the way I want people's personal opinion of games they've played. I don't want to look at the price list and just guess what would be a content heavy game.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Anyone enjoying Dark Souls III so far? I played for almost 12 hours straight today.

It feels like a real Dark Souls sequel, unlike Dark Souls II. I was hoping they would kind of ignore DkSII's influence on the series and for the most part that seems like what they're doing. These areas are absolutely massive and the boss fights have all been great. It also feels like the hardest one yet, but that might be because it my first run through.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry

I have $2.08 on steam, what is the best game I can get for that? And by best, I mean the game with the most content. Or should I get Darksiders which is currently on sale for $1.99?

By the way I want people's personal opinion of games they've played. I don't want to look at the price list and just guess what would be a content heavy game.

If you had bit more then I would tell you to get Bully.

Darksiders seems like the best game to get especially for the price.

Abstinence Pistols

Find a game you really like that's a few years old for like 10 dollars or so and wait for a sale. Lord knows they happen often enough.