1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

General Video Game Discussion Silver Version

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Eternal Darkness, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

Is that a different game than X?

2. Hydrohs

Hydrohs 安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。 Staff Member Super Mod

Yeah, Future Tone is the port of the arcade game of the same name. X is the game that came out on Vita in March.

3. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

Ah, I see. I'm not sure how I missed the localization news of FT. I haven't heard anything about this game until today lol >.>

4. Hydrohs

I don't know if it's getting localized or not, Japanese release is the one coming up. Localization might be tricky, tracklist is around 300 songs so clearing up the rights and stuff could be a stumbling point.

5. The Admiral

The Admiral solid state survivor

let's wait until they somehow shove lightning into either the ff12 remaster or the ff7 remake to ask something this silly

>S-E caring about FF5

i find it hard to believe you suggested this while sober

6. Karxrida

Karxrida Lost in the Waves

Didn't Nomura say he wanted to remaster V and VI eventually?

7. Void Ventus

Void Ventus Sic Parvis Magna

During a FFVII Remake interview, he asked why FFV and FFVIR were skipped.

8. Hydrohs

9. Recon

Recon 11001101011101010100

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  10. Void Ventus

Did the PS3 Slim replace phat PS3s? Did the Xbox 360 Elite replace old 360s? Did the new 3DS replace all previous 3DS models? No? That's because it never was meant to replace OG PS4s. It's just idiots jumping to conclusion because people on the Internet are dumb. There are even people thinking this is a new console altogether, when if they even put 1% of logic and reasoning, makes zero sense when there are 40M PS4s sold, and this gen is still young.

And no, a few insiders who've talked about the Neo has explicitly said Sony will not be allowing Neo exclusive games. Why would they? It's not a new console, and the OG PS4 has a current install base of 40M. It's the generational console revision.

LOL the dream is dead

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  11. Hydrohs

The difference between the PS3 Slim or the Elite 360s is that the hardware was all the same, the Neo is exactly like what we saw with the New 3DS, except that Nintendo discontinued the old 3DS systems and does have New 3DS exclusive games.

12. Void Ventus

Nintendo discontinued the previous 3DS models after releasing the n3DS? Well that sucks. The n3DS only has 1 (ONE!) exclusive game, and it's just a downport instead of a brand new game. There was no huge backlash because who cares about a port? Just try to imagine where Sun/Moon were n3DS exclusive. Not only would they lose the current 60M install base, they'd also have the Internet rioting. Likewise, if say God of War IV was exclusive to the NEO, the same would happen, lose the 40M install base, make people mad. You only have to think for a bit before going "you know what, I'm an idiot. I don't know why I thought they'd purposefully ignore the already tens of millions of current hardware owners." Only time it's fine to ignore your install base (the Sony and Microsoft way, not the months of drought Nintendo way) is when you're launching a next-gen hardware.

Just think of the Neo and Scorpio as the PS4 and Xbone Slim. But instead of just getting a lighter and more energy efficient machine, you're going to get a slightly beefed up PS4/Xbone.

13. The Admiral

The Admiral solid state survivor

and yet i'm pretty sure my pc will still be able to beat both of them

14. Hydrohs

Well it is still a console, so I would hope if you've actually built yourself any gaming PC it would outperform it.

15. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

At not running the games properly?

Hehe

16. As someone who's not really into first person shooters, is Overwatch worth picking up?

17. Hydrohs

Most likely not.

18. KillerDraco

KillerDraco The Enforcer Staff Member Super Mod

As someone who's not really into first person shooters, but succumbed to peer pressure and bought Overwatch anyway, I can confirm for you that it's really not worth it. No matter how much they may try to spruce up the characters and give them personality, it's still a first person shooter and not really that much of a departure from the norm. I can't say I'm really enjoying it any more than any other generic first person shooter, although I do love the character designs and dialogue.

Doesn't help that by virtue of being new, they're still working out the kinks as far as balance is concerned.

19. Thanks for saving me $100

20. Recon

Recon 11001101011101010100