1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

General Video Game Discussion Silver Version

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Eternal Darkness, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

2. Abstinence Pistols

Abstinence Pistols Fahrvergnugen

AMAZON ****ED ME. GOD DAMN IT.

Apparently a bunch of the watches from the Zero Time Dilemma special edition got damaged in shipping and now it's uncertain what's going to happen for any edition of the game, even the regular ones. Come on, Amazon, I leave town on Thursday for like ten days and if I don't have SAW: Professor Layton Edition with me I'm going to be absolutely crushed.

I guess it's not terrible considering we waited this long but still. Still.

Neat. I'll have to see what goes up.

I was going to buy Drakengard 3 when it was on sale last night but I missed it. Sale ended at 11 AM this morning and I made it to the store at 11:03. :(

Oh well. 20 isn't bad either.

3. Remix2

Remix2 Well-Known Member

So I bought the new dlc for the division and I can't even play it because the sever is mess up, and so far it still not fix yet.

Ubisoft what on earth are you doing?

4. Charizard Champion#06

Charizard Champion#06 Spiral Warrior

So far I’m really enjoying Zero Time Dilemma.

Not sure how I feel about two key story things that were changed though. The first one being the memory fragments in place of a semi-linear narrative. I hope there’s a point to them later on and not just for the sake of making you piece the story together. Maybe it’s to emulate the experience of the characters only being conscious for 90 minutes at a time?

The second thing that feels weird is the change from visual novel segments to full-on cutscenes. They look fine, if a bit stiff, but the real bummer is the lack of an internal narrative. That could do with being able to play as three main characters but I miss the internal dialogue.

Other than that the five brief hours I’ve played have been fantastic. I love these characters and bringing my favourites back for one last hurrah is bittersweet. The escape puzzles are as good as they’ve ever been and the voice cast is a dream come true. I’m especially blown away by the decision segments, which are way more creative than the ones in Virtue’s Last Reward. Spoilers on those below.

Okay the coin thing was really funny because I picked red first and got the quick ending. What a heel turn.

I did the Pod Room Decision where you’re given 15 seconds to say a name and it worked really well. I panicked and condemned someone from another Ward and was killed. Then I tried other stuff. They killed themselves. Zero did it. YOU did it. The dog did it. These all had unique dialogue responses. Bravo.

And I just got the Rec Room “Decision”. No idea how rolling dice is a choice. This is bonkers. I love it.

5. Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom @JohanSSB4 Twitter

Not even ten days after MN9's release, Comcept is now propping up the skins previously promised as "exclusive" rewards for backers who contributed $60 or more to the project to be sold as DLC.

http://i.imgur.com/AgNdaP3.jpg[/img

6. Akwakwak

Akwakwak I'm hungry

That's what you get for buying Ubishit "games"

7. Abstinence Pistols

CC#06 - I don't want to quote you because I'm like seventeen hours into Zero Time Dilemma and I'm sure as **** not getting spoiled now but I agree, I'm enjoying it a lot. It's got some issues - the 3DS graphics leave a lot to be desired, and I miss the twisted genius of stuff like the AB Game a lot, but it's genuinely keeping me on edge the whole time. I loved the first two Zero Escape games, but it felt like a lot of what people loved about them - the creepy and sometimes terrifying atmosphere, the insane plot twists, and the occasional emotional moments - were really hit-or-miss for me. ZTD has done all of those with much more consistency this time around, and even when I'm really doubting where it's going it always pulls it together.

I'm gonna be really sad when it's over but it's definitely going to be my favorite in the series if it ends on a good note. I wasn't sure how Uchikoshi would pull it off after VLR's cluster**** ending but he really outdid himself on this one.

Junpei is kind of a turd in this one, though. D Team > C Team > Q Team.

Hahaha, Jesus Christ.

It sucks, it's easy to say that these are the risks of Kickstarter but this looked so promising and there are so many great projects that have come out of that website. I wonder what this whole trainwreck will do for Inafune's career.

8. Akwakwak

Akwakwak I'm hungry

Inafune should have stayed in the Nep

9. Charizard Champion#06

Team D-cups/12 inches for life.

Is there the Japanese dub on 3DS? I've been playing on Vita.

I made it to several endings today. I think I'm getting close to the actual ending but knowing Zero Escape that's probably hours away. Completed it. Jesus.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  10. Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom @JohanSSB4 Twitter

I found an old gaming store coupon that I was able to use nonetheless, so I went ahead and got Bravely Default for 7 bucks a week ago. The demo failed to grab my attention, but I've thoroughly enjoyed the game itself. But then, the demo took place in Ancheim, and I utterly despise desert levels and areas in video games, so that probably did it for me.

I'm currently at Underflow, just level grinding my defaults right off. When it comes to Job systems, I tend to just stick to one class and work it to max before swapping to another and using the skills gained before to augment the next class, and that's no different here: Tiz has remained a Freelancer, Agnes a White Mage, Ringabel a Monk, and Edea a Thief (LIFE THIEF SO GOOD) from the moment I got access to those classes, and they're currently at Job Level 11 (Tiz at 12)

I was getting worried about Tiz and his abilities gained from Freelancer, but these later Job Levels have given him some good stuff to actually encourage level grinding: JP Up, Flee, and Lure Enemy can really speed things along, and since I'm in Underflow, Flee is really helping to ignore those Inferno Golems so I don't have to worry about either wasting MP to attack them indirectly, or wasting MP and items to heal from the automatic counterattack they use when I do attack directly. Just Flee and move on to another enemy group, just how I like it. So I've just been fighting any combination of Magicians and Demons, or if I'm lucky, six Red Flan and get 120 JP easy.

Good lord, does grinding JP take a while though. Even with JP Up, the grind it pretty slow. Without spoiling anything (I'm currently in Chapter 3), is there anything I can do to speed up that JP grinding process?

11. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

Valkyrie Drive has been announced for localization. Are you ready

12. Hydrohs

Hydrohs 安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。 Staff Member Super Mod

I watched half of the first episode of that anime.

It was bad.

You may as well just go find a hentai game.

13. Abstinence Pistols

God, I wish they had had more arguments like that. I wish the teams had gotten shuffled too. I really, really wanted to see Junpei and Phi and Mira interacting. They really dropped the ball there.

Yeah, I think it has the Japanese dub. I saw it in the menus but I just used the English one. Matt Mercer kills it as Sigma.

Yeah, pretty much.

I guess technically the ending is airtight, and it wasn't as much of a disappointing plothole-filled cliffhanger as VLR's ending, but... what? It felt kind of anticlimactic and was a really confusing note to end on after everything they went through.

And Zero's reveal wasn't as good as VLR's, I felt. In VLR the reveal blew my mind because I realized that it fit with the game the entire time and all the clues that had been pointing at it. Here it kind of feels like they went out of their way to avoid revealing it and then just dropped some really big hints here and there. Plus a lot of plot points from VLR's true ending got dropped. Very weird ending overall.

14. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

I agree. Luckily the game is totally different. It doesn't even use the same characters (Though the main girls are DLC)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

As for other recent localization announcement

Collar x Malice
    Apple Wars
    Torikago no Amadeus
    Period Cube
    Eiyuu Senki - The World Conquest
    World End Economica
    Tokyo Xanadu

15. Hydrohs

Well there may be hope for it yet.

I still don't know why they're localizing Tokyo Xanadu rather than just waiting for Tokyo Xanadu+

16. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

Well it's going to Vita/PC so maybe they'll release the + version as a PS4 exclusive like a year from. With most of the script and such done, it'd probably be a low cost effort

17. Hydrohs

Plus version would have been much easier to port to PC, and would make more sense since it'll look nicer. But whatever.

18. Charizard Champion#06

I can agree with this. I would have like to have seen a lot more of things in the ending but I'm still happy with what I got. I think VLR is still my favourite. That probably has a lot to do with it being the first one I played, but I didn't find the ending disappointing in the slightest.

19. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 getting psvr support in Oct

I demand you change your sig to the best senran (Ryobi)

20. Void Ventus

Void Ventus Sic Parvis Magna

Still salty I couldn't get in a PSVR pre-order. If it's really stock constrained, I'll resort to scalpers.

Cancelled my FFXV Deluxe Edition preorder on Amazon and switched it to Gamestop because of the exclusive King's Tale prologue. Such a dumb idea to make additional backstory retailer exclusive.