• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Video Game Discussion Silver Version

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I think he meant unique as a series, not as compared to their own series.

Jb

Tsun in the streets

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Actually I adore Digaea's art style. I'm just not that great at playing it.

From what I've played, they're grind heavy. Seeing characters over Lv 1000, and have like 6-10 digit stat points is pretty overwhelming and insane. It's not that bad right now in D4APR. Do the code that lets you unlock everything in the beginning, and it's gonna unlock a guy that lets you add people online to help you win a round. They're over Lv 100, so just get monsters who are Lv500+, fuse them, and Magichange them to the character you want to upgrade. By the end of the just the first round (consisting of 5 matches), you can go from Lv20 -> Lv 100+.

Akira Toriyama can't draw different male characters. I've been looking up the DS remakes of the DQ games on Amazon, and all the male characters look like Goku. I just got Angelo to join my party in DQVIII, and he's Trunks. His brother looks like Vegeta.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Dragon Quest 9 shows that Toriyama doesn't have a wide range of art direction

DB franchise, DQ franchise, Blue Dragon, Chrono Trigger. All look the same. Chrono Cross thankfully doesn't have Bird Mountain-itis, but he didn't even do art for that game.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Well if any of you ever watched Dragonball you could have seen Toriyama's characters mostly all look the same.

I listed DB (Dragonball) :) The only DQ game I've played is DQVIII, and I don't think I'm even 1/4 into the game. Do the protagonists go Super Saiyan at one point?

Anyways, Grand Theft Auto V finally gets a release date on PS4 and Xbox One. November 18th, so mark that down, folks. Dragon Age Inquisition and LittleBigPlanet 3 gonna get demolished! I'll be happy to double dip on PS4.

PC version releasing two months later, January 27th, 2015.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I dunno why, but Disgaea 4 characters are great. Val's and Fenfen's relationship is one of the best I've seen in any video game and the rest of the cast is great. I'm only at 5-6 though. Those damn Prinnies are not fun, even if they do explode

Certainly a much better entry to get into the series than D3. I could not stand Mao, and that made me stop playing the game until after I got D4

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I dunno why, but Disgaea 4 characters are great. Val's and Fenfen's relationship is one of the best I've seen in any video game and the rest of the cast is great. I'm only at 5-6 though. Those damn Prinnies are not fun, even if they do explode

Certainly a much better entry to get into the series than D3. I could not stand Mao, and that made me stop playing the game until after I got D4
I'm just doing the online tournaments and leveling up quickly. I want to Reincarnate Valvy a second time, but I think I'll wait till I reach Lv 500. And Why can't I vote to make enemies stronger? I can for the Character World, but not the story missions.

I also like Valvatorez's and Fenrich's story. Fenfen knows Val's an idiot (lol), but still goes through with his antiques. I can't wait to see how they met and how they became comrades since I never bought the DLC on PS3. Doesn't help that their voice actors are Delsin's and Reggie's from inFamous Second Son (well, on the PS3 at least, since they changed Troy Baker with Matt Mercer ever since the DLCs released).

I don't mind Mao. It was the wannabe hero I didn't like. Raspberyl was pretty cute though. Her and her groupie being labeled as no-gooders for going to class on time and whatnot was pretty funny. I still haven't finished the game though because only Mao is Lv100+. There's no easy way to grind early in that game.

Anyways, it seems Microsoft is gonna announce the Mojang deal on Monday. $2.5B! Holy shet. They're gonna push for that Minecraft money.

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
PC version releasing two months later, January 27th, 2015.

It's a bummer that the PC version comes out a bit later, but maybe that's because they're making sure it's not a terrible mess like the GTA4 port was.

Though if it's actually programmed well I'll have to destroy my computer because it will just be a sign that the world is ending anyway.

Zazie

So 1991
From what I've played, they're grind heavy. Seeing characters over Lv 1000, and have like 6-10 digit stat points is pretty overwhelming and insane. It's not that bad right now in D4APR. Do the code that lets you unlock everything in the beginning, and it's gonna unlock a guy that lets you add people online to help you win a round. They're over Lv 100, so just get monsters who are Lv500+, fuse them, and Magichange them to the character you want to upgrade. By the end of the just the first round (consisting of 5 matches), you can go from Lv20 -> Lv 100+.

The main story isn't that gind heavy, but it's easy to stick get yourself stuck in a position where you need to grind hevily if you are not careful.

(this part directed at Charizard Champion)

What really helped me was looking up Disgaea on Before I Play. It had some good advice. Mainly that you shouldn't try and have a full party since it splits experience more than you will probably need and to ignore reincarnation at first since you don't need it to beat the game.

The big thing with Disgaea is that it is a really open experience, so it's easy to get caught up in making your little people and awesome and you forget that your goal is to beat the game, so it takes a little bit of tempering to deal with that.

If you just want to play through and enjoy the main quest, I recommend starting off really simple with a small well equipped party and only adding on or upgrading characters when you really need to. And realize that some of the parts of the game really do need some strategy. (so look it up online if you are stuck)

I am trying to figure out a good way to enjoy as much of the games content in a single playthrough, ithout getting any long grindy parts, but I am a littloe stumped in figuring out the best way to do that.

And the bolded parrt above. I didn't know Disgaea had cheat codes. It's been forever since I have heard of any game with cheat codes. I miss them.

Last edited:

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
It's surreal to think that I first heard about this small indie game over four years ago, and now it's a huge pop culture phenomenon apparently worth over 2 billion dollars.

Here's the Minecraft thread I made on SPPf back in July 2010:
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?459964

This was before survival multiplayer was even in the game and I had to explain the practice of "early access".

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Yeah, I haven't even really played the game since it became really popular, I got bored of it before it even got to version 1.0. That's one of the downsides to early access.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I downloaded the Minecraft demo on PS4, and my 6 year old cousins came over to play it. They were talking about a Henry, Enderman, and a Stumpy. The whole time they were playing, I was talking to myself who the heck those people were. I felt lost, confused, and angry all at the same time. Who the flipping duck are those people you're talking about??!! I seriously felt out of touch with the young videogames demographics, and I learned to understand how old people feel when us young whippersnappers listen to new rap or whatnot.

But don't mind me and my senile rant. Minecraft is still hugely successful. It's a few years old now, but still manages to sell a million copies every 2-4 months.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I know Endermen are new monsters (new to me, anyway), not sure about the other two.

The other two are probably from popular youtubers. The same thing happened with my and my brothers, they started calling Slimes "Jerry" and other things weird names :s