• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Video Game Discussion Silver Version

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Now I feel like I'm being insulted. I'm going to go sit in a corner and cry.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Quality > quantity

Too bad it doesn't look like The Order 1886 has either of those going for it lol

Jb

Tsun in the streets
As an RPG guy, i'm kinda glad the length of the game got leaked. I don't think super short games are worth being sold at full price. Especially when it already has no substance and confirmed squeals. I loved Xenoblade, but had it been 5 hours long or straight story and QTEs, I would of never got it. I'm not a AAA hater but I hope the Order flops and shows the dev community that you can't package a pretty game and expect people to buy it. I'm not necessarily upset about the Order itself, but I think this issue happened at right time for gamers to make a difference.

Now, if this title sells millions, then I'll just lose whatever faith I had left in the gaming community.

Or maybe I've just been playing to many jrpgs and games should actually be extremely short instead of getting 10's of hours of story, gameplay and content. I've been playing Re;Birth2 since launch and I'm not even half way done, still got plans and endings and everything.
I bet Jb realized it was a joke, he gets these things.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I'm not angry, I thought it was obvious that that part about The Order not being a game was a joke. Oh well.

For the record I'm fine with cinematic games, as long as the actual gameplay in between cutscenes is decent and not cookie-cutter/bad like Beyond Two Souls or something.

I bet Jb realized it was a joke, he gets these things.
Haven't played BTS yet, but if you had said Heavy Rain was bad, I would have sent you a very strongly worded passionate angry Internet paragraph. I would probably even send you a very overdone "JAAAAAAAAAAASON!" meme in your VM everyday... Okay I won't. But I'd be very sour on the inside.

As an RPG guy, i'm kinda glad the length of the game got leaked. I don't think super short games are worth being sold at full price. Especially when it already has no substance and confirmed squeals. I loved Xenoblade, but had it been 5 hours long or straight story and QTEs, I would of never got it. I'm not a AAA hater but I hope the Order flops and shows the dev community that you can't package a pretty game and expect people to buy it. I'm not necessarily upset about the Order itself, but I think this issue happened at right time for gamers to make a difference.

Now, if this title sells millions, then I'll just lose whatever faith I had left in the gaming community.

Or maybe I've just been playing to many jrpgs and games should actually be extremely short instead of getting 10's of hours of story, gameplay and content. I've been playing Re;Birth2 since launch and I'm not even half way done, still got plans and endings and everything.

Other than LBP3 (which was placed unfortunately in the very busy November line-up last year, but it has still done over 500K I think), all PS4 1st-party games have each sold over 1M. The Order's sales may be front-loaded because the word of mouth might turn bad in following weeks, but no way it will sell less than a Million in the long run. If you don't think the game's worth $60, then wait until the price goes down. I'm excited for the game, but even I'm not paying the full $60 for it. If an RPG lasts no more than 20 hours, then it has failed.

JB's just angry that we simple minded plebeians do not understand his love niche games. Someday, we will learn from our mistake, and before long, we'll be marrying videogame characters, like the dude who married a LovePlus character.

The Last Guardian just doesn't die!
E3 2015 here we come! Maybe even Shenmue III and Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei will be there!

Last edited:

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Oh, and speaking of Trade ins, GS will still you about 30 bucks for a copy of Xenoblade. Not bad consider the Wii version will be worthless once the 3DS version comes out.
Don't have Xenoblade. The last Wii game I ever purchased was the Collector's Edition for Skyward Sword.

I dunno, the 3DS version has almost no improvement, I'd rather play it on the Wii.

n3DS version has the portability advantage.

Guessing Tales of Zesty will come out to the west as a PS3/4/PC release.

Last edited:

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Now I feel like I'm being insulted. I'm going to go sit in a corner and cry.

(T_T) ヽ(•‿• )

There there.

Valentine's Day is already over but I'm feeling the love. ♥

but if you had said Heavy Rain was bad, I would have sent you a very strongly worded passionate angry Internet paragraph. I would probably even send you a very overdone "JAAAAAAAAAAASON!" meme in your VM everyday...

Okay I will not tell you that Heavy Rain is bad then.

Oh, and speaking of Trade ins, GS will still you about 30 bucks for a copy of Xenoblade. Not bad consider the Wii version will be worthless once the 3DS version comes out.

I'm with Hydrohs on this one, I'd rather play the Wii version. Mostly because of the improved resolution.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
In general I wouldn't want to play a big game like Xenoblade on a handheld. I'd rather play games that suit portability, like Animal Crossing or Fire Emblem. I've been interested in checking out the Monster Hunter games thanks to all the MH4 hype, and I'd rather buy MH3U than the new game so I can play it on a big screen.

Ragnarok

#BeastMode
Staff member
Super Mod
The type of game Monster Hunter has been for years now makes it much better suited for handhelds in it's strongest market, which is Japan, where handhelds dominate the industry.

Last edited:

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Monster Hunter fits on handhelds because of the grindy nature of it, but I think most people want MonHun back on consoles because of what it can be more of if given a chance to evolve on much stronger hardware. Dragon's Dogma shows what a console MH could be. The original concept for SoTC (4-player colossus hunting) would make for a really unique game.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
So it is PS4's Ryse. Oh well, still getting the game tomorrow. Hopefully they are given another chance because their God of War PSP games prove they have the ability to make great games. The engine is also completed, so they can focus more on what they can make next time.

The unskippable cutscene can die. Forced walking sections is one thing, but this is rap-cay. One positive in this review is no one's sending out death threats! :D BUT if The Order reviews can get so many attention now, just imagine the bloodshed this holiday. Zelda U and Uncharted 4? Sweet baby Jesus. I pray whoever has to review those and gives them a bad score. Such embarassing internet fanboys these two franchises have.

Oh well, can't wait for DQH. Sucks I have to wait a week for it to get here.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Overhyped as hell, with vaguely alright graphics but not much to speak of from a gameplay perspective, and likely to see a huge price cut within a few months? Sounds like a lot of big triple-A games.

240p Youtube videos =/= playing on your TV

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Graphics can be very high-definition and still not look good. I'm not even referring to just scaling up existing low-res graphics, either.

But really, never mind graphics -- the primary concern should be gameplay.

Last edited:

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
One positive in this review is no one's sending out death threats! :D BUT if The Order reviews can get so many attention now, just imagine the bloodshed this holiday. Zelda U and Uncharted 4? Sweet baby Jesus. I pray whoever has to review those and gives them a bad score. Such embarassing internet fanboys these two franchises have.

>The game I like got bad reviews so I hope games that other people like get bad reviews too.

I agree, fanboys are crazy and embarassing to watch.