• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Video Game Discussion Silver Version

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I hear star ocean 5 is only like 20 hours long. I hope it's content packed, other I'll need to wait for a sale after release

Ehh, completion time is always different for everyone. I just beat the game several hours ago, and my completion time stood at 32h. That's with extreme grinding (team finished the game at Lv80-85), 74% of Quests finished, obtained over 50% of Creation items, over 50% of Enemies found, and all but one Party Skill unlocked. I have no idea what the acceptable length for a JRPG is, but I felt the 30hrs was completely fine. Two more difficulty levels are unlocked after beating the game, but nah, I'm not gonna do that.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Wow, that does seem kinda short IMO. I've gotten 90 hours for the true ending in Megadimension Neptunia, 80 on my first Tales of the Abyss run and even 40 ish on Pokemon oras and over a 100 on X. I hope the story is worth it.

I don't think there is a universal length for jrpgs but the shortest one I played was Eternal Sonata and then I beat that in about 30 which was only two weekends of game and felt too short imo

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
That time actually seems really good to me, I'd rather something shorter like that since I don't have a ton of time to play games any more. I'm probably gonna pick it up at some point. Probably when it's on sale though.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Does the 20% off new games apply for Amazon WW, or just US? I wanted to go all digital last Nov when I got my 2TB HDD, but then Amazon announced 20% off new games for up to 2 weeks. I might have to wait a few days, but at least now I'm saving so much money only paying $47.99 instead of $62.99 + Hawaiian Tax at GameStop like I use to do for the past decade.

PS4.K info's leaking left and right. Codenamed NEO. PSVR was Project Morpheus, and this is NEO? Someone at Sony's a huge fan of The Matrix.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I am hella looking forward to Mirror's Edge. The first one was a lot of fun and had a really cool visual design, been waiting for the sequel for forever.

8 years =/= forever ;p

May is a big month. Uncharted 4, DOOM, Overwatch, Battleborn, and Mirror's Edge are all pretty high profile. What an absolute unfortunate time for ME though. I think Battleborn will also flop, as U4 and OW will most likely overshadow everything else. Also, googling games releasing in May was a great idea. Had no idea Ray Gigant was releasing on Vita so soon (May 3rd). Sword of Strange City next week and Ray Gigant next week, NICE!

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I played both DOOM and Battleborn during their open betas over the weekend here. I really enjoyed DOOM and had a lot of fun with it. Battleborn has a lot of character (as in design and writing) but it wasn't for me, I'd rather play TF2 personally.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
I played both DOOM and Battleborn during their open betas over the weekend here. I really enjoyed DOOM and had a lot of fun with it. Battleborn has a lot of character (as in design and writing) but it wasn't for me, I'd rather play TF2 personally.
I enjoyed the Doom beta too. The gameplay style makes me miss old MPs that had no sprinting.

Unfortunately I only plan on getting the latest Kirby game. But I'll consider getting Doom later this year when the game costs around $40.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I enjoyed the Doom beta too. The gameplay style makes me miss old MPs that had no sprinting.

Unfortunately I only plan on getting the latest Kirby game. But I'll consider getting Doom later this year when the game costs around $40.

It's a true arena shooter, and that's what I like. I've never really liked what shooters have become in the post 2000 era, so I was happy to see that it was exactly like what I expected.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Two weeks is tiny. BioShock Infinite got delayed HOW long? (And it was a huge disappointment, too. Glad I withdrew my pre-order I'd had on that.)

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I expected it. Uncharted 4 is gonna be the behemoth that eats everyone's lunch that month. What else comes out in June? Just Tokyo Mirage and Star Ocean, two JRPGs that will most likely do okay at best.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Two weeks is tiny. BioShock Infinite got delayed HOW long? (And it was a huge disappointment, too. Glad I withdrew my pre-order I'd had on that.)
I got that game for $40 on June 2013. It was alright. And it was the only Bioshock game I've played.

If the Bioshock Collection comes out true, I'd definitely get it.

mega snorlax

Idea Factory delayed the Nep game so it launched on the same day as Uncharted. It's obvious that's what the real gamers want hehe
Eh, nothing to do with what real gamers want. It's all about personal taste. But yes, expect Uncharted 4 to utterly obliterate sales next month, especially after that insanely gorgeous Madagascar gameplay preview, and the fact that they took the gameplay far beyond anything I've ever seen in previous installments, plus it will be a MUCH bigger game too (one of the memebers of Naughty Dog, Arne Meyer, still hasn't finished it yet since it went gold late last month.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Eh, nothing to do with what real gamers want. It's all about personal taste. But yes, expect Uncharted 4 to utterly obliterate sales next month, especially after that insanely gorgeous Madagascar gameplay preview, and the fact that they took the gameplay far beyond anything I've ever seen in previous installments, plus it will be a MUCH bigger game too (one of the memebers of Naughty Dog, Arne Meyer, still hasn't finished it yet since it went gold late last month.

He was making a joke, Neptunia is 100% a niche title.

mega snorlax

He was making a joke, Neptunia is 100% a niche title.

Eh, the main intention behimd the post was about how different gamers have different tastes. You'll probably understamd why I am so excited about Uncharted 4. I've been waiting since it was announced 3 years ago, and when the original release date back in last November was pushed to this yeae, I almost completely lost my ****, and the next two delays didn't help either. But it's now only 18 days away, and I fear my excitement may kill me before I finally get the chance to play the **** out of it.