• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Video Game Discussion Silver Version

Jb

Tsun in the streets

Recon

There was already a fee for Greenlight, this changes nothing.

A jump from $100 to $5000 is a pretty big difference. This probably hurts the solo game dev the most. Indie companies may be affected, but not as hard as the solo dev. At least asset flipping will be a thing of the past.

Finally finished building a gaming PC, now I can play Transistor and Tales of Berseria with no problems.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
A jump from $100 to $5000 is a pretty big difference. This probably hurts the solo game dev the most. Indie companies may be affected, but not as hard as the solo dev. At least asset flipping will be a thing of the past.

It's not a jump, that's the range of suggested fees they've gotten from developers, they haven't picked any pricing yet.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Five grand would be ****ing moronic. But Valve hasn't cared about anything since...

Hell, since before the Mann vs. Machine update for TF2 dropped.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Last edited:

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I've finally decided to get rid of most of my pc games. It's so sad because I love playing zoo tycoon 1 and 2, rct 1 and 3, but unfortunately they don't work on either of my computers. This is the reason I got new computers because all of a sudden they didn't work on my old one )= does anyone know if possibly the digital downloads of zoo tycoon 1 and 2 may work instead. I heard somewhere that they might.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
There are probably patches for those games to solve whatever problem it is that you're having.

I'm pretty sure they aren't compatable. My desktop is windows 10 and isn't compatable with anything except the sims 2. I told my dad if he got a pc for me for christmas 2 years ago to get one with windows 7 because I had a laptop with windows 7 and all of my games worked on it but of course I got a new laptop with windows 7 and none of them work except starcraft and the sims >.> When I say not work I mean I can't install them even )=

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm pretty sure they aren't compatable. My desktop is windows 10 and isn't compatable with anything except the sims 2. I told my dad if he got a pc for me for christmas 2 years ago to get one with windows 7 because I had a laptop with windows 7 and all of my games worked on it but of course I got a new laptop with windows 7 and none of them work except starcraft and the sims >.> When I say not work I mean I can't install them even )=

Run the installer in compatability mode for Windows 7. Only things that are really terribly written wont work on Windows 10 if they were working in Windows 7.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I've tried that they don't work in compatability mode either.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Has anyone bought For Honor? It looks interesting if you're into fighting games.

Oh man I'm so stoked for Persona 5 and Shenmue III.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Has anyone bought For Honor? It looks interesting if you're into fighting games.

Oh man I'm so stoked for Persona 5 and Shenmue III.

As someone who's already beaten P5 three times and have gotten the Platinum trophy, please spread the word and tell everyone to buy it. Thank you!

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Jb

Tsun in the streets
PS now would be a neat feature if it was cheaper or bundled with plus. I tried the trial and it worked pretty flawlessly. Probably not the best for fighting games where input lag really matters but everything else ran great

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I would like to try For Honour, it looks right up my alley, but at $80 that's a steep price for a gamble. Where all the demos at, gamedevs?
The game had several betas. I think there was even a public beta available to download for like a week before launch. Where were you at, Hydrohs? :p

In before PC port begging. #PCMasterRace