• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Video Game Discussion Silver Version

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
The game had several betas. I think there was even a public beta available to download for like a week before launch. Where were you at, Hydrohs? :p

I didn't get into any of the closed betas, and I just didn't have the time during the open beta.

In before PC port begging. #PCMasterRace

I'm pretty sure they just mean releasing the service on Windows, not actually porting games.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
As someone who's already beaten P5 three times and have gotten the Platinum trophy, please spread the word and tell everyone to buy it. Thank you!

I'll definitely spread the word. Persona 4 is such a fantastic game. I can't wait to play Persona 5 when it releases in the States.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
If there's anything bad (and it's a subjective one at that) I can say about P5, it would be the repeated travels to the Palaces. It's not like P4 where once you unlock a new dungeon, you can finish in one run and never have to go back. In P5, you always go in first to scout the area, out, thing 1, out, thing 2, out, get treasure, out, boss. IIRC I left the very first Palace after around 30hrs. I personally felt like days were wasted having to go back in and out so many times. Despite that though, I was able to nearly max all my Cooperations (basically the same as Social Links, but now also gives you other gameplay features and mechanics) in my very first run with no guides.

If there's one big thing I would like changed in P6 or other future installments, I would prefer having the entire team much earlier. Just like P3 and 4, the last 2 members join so late. I'd like a full party by August at the latest.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I always kind of wondered why taxes weren't included in prices for things like that by default.

But I also wonder that about everything.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
It started out as basically a loophole that wasn't ever really dealt with until now. Amazon had the same thing happen to them.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
It started out as basically a loophole that wasn't ever really dealt with until now. Amazon had the same thing happen to them.
I'm in Hawaii and don't get taxed by Amazon.

running out of reasons to not switch to pc
Doesn't Steam also tax you? I mean this is government reason, not Sony asking for money just because they can like the $10 PS+ increase.

Mister_SGG

Doesn't Steam also tax you? I mean this is government reason, not Sony asking for money just because they can like the $10 PS+ increase.

i'm 90% sure they don't, i don't buy things on steam enough to be sure tho. but even if they did, it would still be one reason less to stick with the sinking ship of consoles. i prefer gaming on consoles but the negatives really seem to be adding up in recent years; sony charging for online, increasing price of games, underwhelming performance. at this point the only thing keeping me around is brand loyalty, trophies and my preference of physical media.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm in Hawaii and don't get taxed by Amazon.

They do in some states. I'm not familiar with the laws around this, but I think it has to do with where a business is headquarted or something.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
i'm 90% sure they don't, i don't buy things on steam enough to be sure tho. but even if they did, it would still be one reason less to stick with the sinking ship of consoles. i prefer gaming on consoles but the negatives really seem to be adding up in recent years; sony charging for online, increasing price of games, underwhelming performance. at this point the only thing keeping me around is brand loyalty, trophies and my preference of physical media.
When? It's been the same $60 since 2005, in the US at least. Sinking ship of consoles is also the wrong term to use. But you do you. No point sticking with something that frustrates you. May I point you to Horizon Zero Dawn before you leave though? Only bad devs do underwhelming performance.

They do in some states. I'm not familiar with the laws around this, but I think it has to do with where a business is headquarted or something.
I see. Anyway, it seems PSN has been charging tax in some states since 2008. One guy on a Gamespot forum said he got taxed 62 cents on Echochrome. And this article said some states will get taxed starting April 1st. I guess as long as I don't receive an email regarding the change, Hawaii will be fine.

Mister_SGG

When? It's been the same $60 since 2005, in the US at least. Sinking ship of consoles is also the wrong term to use. But you do you. No point sticking with something that frustrates you. May I point you to Horizon Zero Dawn before you leave though? Only bad devs do underwhelming performance.

Im in canada and they got bumped up to $80 +tax for ps4, but that's probably a currency thing not sony's fault. and hey, I love my PS4 and my exclusives and **** but pc gaming has a lot of pros. and i mean not all the games play bad but there's still a disappointing amount of them stuck on 30fps and we're only halfway into the generation.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Im in canada and they got bumped up to $80 +tax for ps4, but that's probably a currency thing not sony's fault. and hey, I love my PS4 and my exclusives and **** but pc gaming has a lot of pros. and i mean not all the games play bad but there's still a disappointing amount of them stuck on 30fps and we're only halfway into the generation.

That's all currency, our money is worthless. Bring back beaver pelts. (Don't actually. Save the beavers)

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Nothing wrong with 30FPS. But it's your money and choice, and PC gaming is perfect for you.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I live in Illinois, Steam's been taxed for a couple years.

and at this point, I mostly pick up consoles for exclusives, most of which tend to be oddballs, or for older games via Virtual Console-like contrivances, but even that doesn't help some things (can someone please start releasing Sega Saturn, Sega CD, etc. stuff so that I don't have to track those down and pay stupid prices for some of that ****?). Honestly, even Nier Automata is coming to PC, at this point, "exclusives" is even becoming a smaller argument.

On the other hand, as long as they keep making JoJo fighters...