• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Video Game Discussion Silver Version

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Ugh, I'm still trying to get the TYH Edition! I always miss out when they're in stock.

Tonight I dusted off my Vita and I've been playing Chrono Trigger. The music in this game is like the best ever.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
P1 and P5 are the only main Persona where Soejima wasn't the artist, so I understand why you'd be taken aback by a change in character design and artstyle. Still, it's not a huge problem, and you should go buy the game.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
P1 and P5 are the only main Persona where Soejima wasn't the artist, so I understand why you'd be taken aback by a change in character design and artstyle. Still, it's not a huge problem, and you should go buy the game.

Oh, that makes sense now. I dislike some of the character designs in this game compared to the others, moreso than I thought.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I think he's trying to express cheapness, but I'm not a psychic. As is obvious by the fact that I still kept my preorder of that Touhou game even though it's apparently so close to another game that NIS had to buy that game's license to be able to sell it, or something like that. The deets are a little blurry on my end.

phanpycross

God-king
I'm not sure how you can call something "doujin-looking". Like that isn't even a thing.

"Doujin" just means Fanmade, and that's what the designs kinda reminded me off; something with about the same artstyle, but just lacking a little bit of detail and personality compared to some of the other designs in the franchise.

It wasnt supposed to be a major critique, but it does feel a bit jarring.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
"Doujin" just means Fanmade, and that's what the designs kinda reminded me off; something with about the same artstyle, but just lacking a little bit of detail and personality compared to some of the other designs in the franchise.

It wasnt supposed to be a major critique, but it does feel a bit jarring.

That's not exactly what doujin means. Not to mention all doujin works are not necessarily done by amateur artists and have hugely varying styles considering the sheer amount of doujin works. It's sort of unfair to everyone involved to lump all of that together as one thing, don't you think?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Well. How the heck did I end up here?!

So I watched a full playthrough of Hatoful Boyfriend, complete with the BBL extra ending.

Despite being a gam about dating f**king birds, I never thought I would've found such a deep game that's genuinely emotional and intense. And not for the romance side of things.

So when I first began watching a playthrough of the game, I thought it was a little bit of fun - I mean, a bird dating simulator? And for parts like Okosan's ending I can see where the maker of the game chose to just have a bit of fun. But then reach Nageki's ending and Hyouta's ending and things get deeper and more existential and give you genuine emotions. Yuuya's and Sakuya's endings give more depth to otherwise rather hilarious characters. Nanami's ending gives you warm fuzzies, and then Shuu's ending becomes extremely, extremely creepy. Anghel's ending is a weird but fun trip that is intense but enjoyable. Then you can get a break with the biker sparrow's endings (forgot her name), but then everything goes downhill when the BBL route starts up.

BBL abandoned the whole otome concept, going straight into horror/murder-mystery novel mode, and there is so much horror and tragedy that all of the characters have to suffer through, with some expected plot twists and others out of the blue entirely. I won't spoil anything, but it got me extremely close to crying.

But what was it that made me become so invested in this game, and care for the characters as humans despite all mains except Hiyoko (MC) being birds?

I think it was a clever trick they did with the way they introduced the seven main "love interests" (in quotation because of Shuu mostly). Hyouta, Sakuya, Yuuya, Nanami, Nageki, Shuu and Anghel all have their introductions marked with a picture of them. But it's not just any. It's a picture of what they would look like if they were human (and damn are all seven of them hot!). Whenever an intense or emotional scene occurred, I saw the human characters instead of the bird images, and that made it feel more immersive to me.

Overall this is probably going into my personal hall of favourite games. I love it to pieces.

I have watched quite a few video game walkthroughs as well. Some of them have been Pokemon, some have been Final Fantasy. I have even watched ones that have been Castlevania ones. Course when I talked about a visual novel that I have played, but I not seen any playthroughs of, I forgot to mention that in that visual novel most of the characters are dragons.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
I still mostly play pokemon y :p Lots of random match ups. I seem to win and lose them about equally. May play my gba emu later today. Or Hello Kitty Roller Rescue. I seem to get kinda hyper to game, though....unless its pokemon y XD Somehow i still play that on a daily biases XD

If i start a pokemon md red file on my emulator i plan on naming myself after my irl nick name and my partner, i'm thinking it'll be torchic, after korrina :3

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I picked up some more games at Disk Traders this morning.
http://i.imgur.com/c85xR3d.jpg
Some of the games had stickers on them, but luckily I know how to take them off.

Those are actually my second copies of Doctor Mario and Simpsons Hit and Run, but they were so cheap. I couldn't turn them down.

I hope to find more Dreamcast games so I can keep building up my library.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I think the last old game I picked up was Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics 2, which was based on a good idea (eight-directional movement for the original StarTropics and being less of a stick in the mud with the tile thing) but was really badly implemented.

It also was the second-to-last NES game released, so hey, good, tank a series by making it a console's rear guard. Thanks, Nintendo.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
I played kirby and the amazing mirror again today.

A lot more frusterating and confusing than i remember it being. o.o; Like HOW do you get the door to candy constellation unlocked?! lol...still, exploring these confusing to navagate worlds is still pretty fun in general context. Music is adorable as heck too haha. I also like the overall colorful graphics.

May get nightmare in dreamland again soon. Its probably way easier, haha. Also freeze kirby is really cute :3

I may do more random match ups on y too (though i've been kinda losing at them too much lately...) or pick up hello kitty roller rescue again sometime later today if i feel up to it all :p

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I think the last old game I picked up was Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics 2, which was based on a good idea (eight-directional movement for the original StarTropics and being less of a stick in the mud with the tile thing) but was really badly implemented.

It also was the second-to-last NES game released, so hey, good, tank a series by making it a console's rear guard. Thanks, Nintendo.

I'm a sucker for purchasing retro games. Once a week I try to go to Disk Traders. I always walk out with something. I actually purchased a PS1 last week. I've never had my own PS1 until now. When I was younger my dad had one that I got to play a lot, though.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Last edited: