• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Video Game Discussion Silver Version

I'm having trouble picking up the PC/Steam games again. Most (nearly all) are visual novels/otome games. If there's anyone else that plays them, what do you do to psych yourself up and play them? Especially visual novels/otome games again. I'm torn between finishing all of/the rest of Clannad's After Story (I'm at 63 hours) or staring Higurashi When They Cry Hou chapter 5. I guess I need to keep in mind I don't have to finish it all in one day.

Honestly it depends on how much you like the VN itself. As someone who is a big fan of VNs and otomes, I can say that there have been one or two occasions where I dropped a VN just like I would any other video game. While this isn’t based on VNs specifically, something I find is that I may like something more depending on my mood or experience. When I first played Persona 4, I didn’t click with it, but I gave it a few months and some more JRPG experience and I had a much better time. So maybe not to the level of months, but one option is to give it a week or two before trying to pick the game up again.

When it comes to a game you’re in the mood for but just can’t push yourself to load up, I’m honestly not all that sure. For the most part every good VN or otome I’ve played has kept me so interested that I’ve never had to go over a mental block, but solutions I’ve come up with for other situations could work. I actually find that anger is good at motivating me, I getting so frustrated that I’m not doing something that I just swear and crack out all the stuff I need for it.

And of course, the game might just not be for you. It’s your choice, honestly.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
If Red Dead doesn't get Game of the Year, it got ripped off. No other game is so immersive and gets you to feel for the characters like this game does. The final chapters were especially emotional and if you didn't shed a tear then you obviously don't have a soul. Arthur Morgan is the best protagonist of all time

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Also because Tabata left the company.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Out of legitimate curiosity, how many franchises are exclusive to the Xbox series of game consoles? (for obvious you don't actually have to list them all)

Because I only ever owned the original Xbox, although I had to get it replaced at one point because it stopped working, and the only franchise that I know of that is exclusive on the Xbox series of consoles is the Halo franchise and that's it

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Last edited:

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
I recently got back to playing Splatoon 2, I took a long break from it after Nintendo made online play a paid subscription :(

Yeah I started playing single player mode which I previously ignored cause I found it dull, but only because I couldn't figure it out, and because I found multiplayer mode to be much more fun.
Glad I did cause now that I figured out how to work single player mode I am enjoying much more then I did previously.

I still miss multiplayer mode though, hopefully one day I'll be able to get back to it but only when and if I ever get an online subscription (another game I prefered playing in multiplayer mode is ARMS, just because i found it more fun that way)

Pokemon Power

Man, if you look at Nintendo’s Twitter, you can see that every time they post something, the comments are flooded with demands for a new Nintendo Direct. It just shows how people are desperate to know what’s coming in 2019.

MiloticTwins

Do you think that Bayonetta will be a downloadable playable guest character exclusively for Nintendo Switch version of Mortal Kombat 11?

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
DLC in MK 11 I want to see are Khameleon (Nintendo console exclusive fighter not seen since MK Armageddon Wii) because she is hinted to be of the same species as Reptile and is an interesting character, Spawn, Michael Myers to fill the horror movie icon spot, and Montaro if possible somehow.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Heads up... there's been a big leak of DLC. So for anyone who wants to remain unspoiled, avoid hunting MK 11 for now. I feel a bit bad for the company putting the game out at this point.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I am so excited for MK 11’s release!
So am I. Just glad that Nintendo gets a chance for it to come out on the Switch. What was your first MK game? Mine was 3 on the Game Boy.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
MK II on the Gameboy. I didn’t know until three months ago that the port also had Babalities programmed into it since the game’s AI never used it on me until I saw a video on YouTube rating all of the MK ports on Nintendo handhelds. MK II and Ultimate Mortal Kombat on the DS were considered the best of the group while MK Advanced And MK 4 on the GBC were called the absolute worst ever.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
MK II on the Gameboy. I didn’t know until three months ago that the port also had Babalities programmed into it since the game’s AI never used it on me until I saw a video on YouTube rating all of the MK ports on Nintendo handhelds. MK II and Ultimate Mortal Kombat on the DS were considered the best of the group while MK Advanced And MK 4 on the GBC were called the absolute worst ever.
Nice. Cool. Dang that sucks. Why were they so bad?

Thanks for mentioning about the Babalities. Checked out the ones from MK9 and they cracked me up.

Woot. Found some new game play footage of MK11, via Online on the Switch. Doesn't look too bad at all. :)

https://www.gamespot.com/videos/mortal-kombat-11-nintendo-switch-online-versus-gam/2300-6449292/

Source: gamespot

Last edited: