• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Video Game Discussion Silver Version

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
My first MK was the original.

And by that I mean the Genesis port of the original.

Just a couple years ago because I was doing a 25th anniversary retrospective on the series for a brief period because it's had a pretty huge effect on American culture.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Noticed a certain game I loathe is getting another DLC released this week so I wanted to share my feelings towards it. Stellaris, a grand strategy game made by Paradox Interactive is game I have very negative feelings towards. Mostly because it's an addicting game that nearly consumed my life.

I purchased the base game and several DLC's on a Steam summer sale at a discount. I started playing it sporadically but it wasnt until later in the summer I started playing it exclusively. It got to the point it felt like a drug addiction because it's all I thought about. I had a craving that could only be filled by mindlessly playing it for hours on end.

It wasn't until later that fall I saw how it was affecting my life, losing contact with friends, progress at work decreased, etc. It was then I knew things needed to change. Additionally it's one of those games that's so massive you'll never truly experience everything. After that revelation I knew in order to prevent myself from ever falling down this self-destructive path again I decided to delete my Steam account. It took a few tries but by December I successfully waited the required 30 days for Steam customer support to delete my account. It's been six months since I last played a PC game and can say I've never felt better.

So that's the story of how one addictive game made me quit PC gaming as a whole.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
That's pretty drastic.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Might seem that way but can say I've never been happier or more productive in life.

And it's good you gave up that game, but giving up on all PC games is the drastic part. I'm assuming you're still playing games on consoles, which is effectively no different than a PC game.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
And it's good you gave up that game, but giving up on all PC games is the drastic part. I'm assuming you're still playing games on consoles, which is effectively no different than a PC game.

Yeah I'm still playing console games, mostly on the 3DS or Switch. One thing I didn't like about playing PC games was how tempting and easy it is to use cheat codes/console commands. So I was never able to truly enjoy PC games because I cheated my way through them. At least on consoles I'm able to play them without that temptation.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Just for fun and if it's ok for me to ask here: has there ever been game, whether old or new, that you had too get even though you knew it wasn't a good or going to be good for whatever reason or reasons? Or do you own a game you enjoy but everyone else hates for whatever reason or reasons?

Again this question is just for fun

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
AlphaDream, the company who created the Mario & Luigi series, has just filed for bankruptcy.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Wow that's sad to hear :(.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Yeah that sucks..
I heard that Mario & Luigi remake games didn't sell well.. I think it's because 3DS is dead (after Switch came out).

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Yeah that sucks..
I heard that Mario & Luigi remake games didn't sell well.. I think it's because 3DS is dead (after Switch came out).
I'm probably the only person who bought the Bowser's Inside Story remake.

I also bought the Super Star Saga remake, but that was used.

Cradily17

It really is a damn shame that Alphadream went bankrupt. They were a respectable developer that made so many great and memorable RPGs. Meanwhile, other developers that coast off the bare minimum while lying to or misleading their fans are able to continue to thrive.
*coughgamefreakcough*

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
It really is a damn shame that Alphadream went bankrupt. They were a respectable developer that made so many great and memorable RPGs. Meanwhile, other developers that coast off the bare minimum while lying to or misleading their fans are able to continue to thrive.
*coughgamefreakcough*
I don't know, Alpha Dream should have brought back every enemy from previous M&L games.

Cradily17

I don't know, Alpha Dream should have brought back every enemy from previous M&L games.
Yeah. They should have, but it's not like the enemies were the most important part of the series or anything.

Mr.Fiend

Everything stinks
To be fair, paper jam was met with mixed reception and both remakes bombed badly due to bad release times and a general lack of advertising.

Meanwhile, other developers that coast off the bare minimum while lying to or misleading their fans are able to continue to thrive.
*coughgamefreakcough*
You know, i agreed with the fact that there are developers that do the minimum to make a game, until i realized that this was a completely pointless jab at gamefreak for absolutely no reason other than to show your bias against them.

Last edited:

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
I don't remember if I asked this already or not, so forgive me if I am asking the same question again but.......

What franchises are exclusive to the Xbox series? Besides Halo of course, I ask because I only own the original Xbox and while I am not interested in getting any of the latter consoles, I am genuinely curious as to whats exclusive to it

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Thinking about getting Dragon Quest 11 on the switch. I'm hearing a lot of great things about it, how it's the best Dragon Quest game in the series, how it's the best JRPG since the golden age of JRPGs featuring Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 6 and how it's a great start for any newcomers to the series. I never played a Dragon Quest game but after seeing some reviews, including one really funny one, I'm seriously considering getting another long JRPG.

Cyb3r

I don't remember if I asked this already or not, so forgive me if I am asking the same question again but.......

What franchises are exclusive to the Xbox series? Besides Halo of course, I ask because I only own the original Xbox and while I am not interested in getting any of the latter consoles, I am genuinely curious as to whats exclusive to it
Gears and Forza series are also exclusive to Xbox/Windows. Both good series but Xbox has always been pretty weak in terms of exclusives, at least for non-shooters