• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Video Game Discussion Silver Version

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
You asked for someone to make a decision for you. You're not allowed to ask why. You were given information to form your own opinion based on your own whys and you not only turned it down, but tried to call it off topic.
My god you guys are bad at this. I did not asked for someone to make a decision for me. You yourself said it only seemed like it, now you are jumping to conclusions. I ask you to pitch it to me. The reason why I rejected the other guy's answer was because it was too safe of an answer based on common sense. So since you yourself are incapable of making a decision based on simple observation skills, either sell a yes, sell a no, or just leave.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
My god you guys are bad at this. I did not asked for someone to make a decision for me. You yourself said it only seemed like it, now you are jumping to conclusions. I ask you to pitch it to me. The reason why I rejected the other guy's answer was because it was too safe of an answer based on common sense. So since you yourself are incapable of making a decision based on simple observation skills, either sell a yes, sell a no, or just leave.

If you need someone to pitch a game you've already played and know very well to you, then you don't need the game. At least put a little bit of effort into thinking for yourself.

shoz999

If you need someone to pitch a game you've already played and know very well to you, then you don't need the game. At least put a little bit of effort into thinking for yourself.
I already have as stated previously if you paid attention. :D If you want to leave, you can do so.

shoz999

Well, you haven't, otherwise you wouldn't be here in the first place. This is probably one of the easiest decisions ever.
And yet I have put a lot of thought into my comments here and I'm still here :D. Or do you need directions again?

shoz999

Last I checked you were the one here for directions, not myself.
And yet you claim I haven't put any thought into it on the simple assumption that I'm here. Do you want directions on where I posted my thoughts or not?

KillerDraco

You have derailed this conversation with your indecisiveness for way too long. No one can make this decision for you. The value of a game is inherently subjective. It was valuable to me, so I bought it. It wasn't valuable to Genos, so they did not buy it. Whether it's worth buying is something only you can decide for yourself. Your money, your decision. It is not nearly as difficult as you are making it out to be.

But if you'd like to make it as blatantly easy as possible, I have a simple checklist.

Step 1 - Are you willing to buy a game on Switch that you already own on Wii U, regardless of QoL improvements/additions?
>Yes - Proceed to Step 2
>No - Don't buy MK8D

Step 2 - Is having a Mario Kart game on Switch worth it to you?
>Yes - Proceed to Step 3
>No - Don't buy MK8D

Step 3 - Does the decision to wait for a hypothetical next iteration of the series that might not even exist for several years cause you to not want to get MK8D?
>Yes - Don't buy MK8D
>No - Buy MK8D

If you've arrived at Step 3 and still don't know, then you're beyond help. So take it somewhere else.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I actually bought MK8D despite owning the Wii U version because of the extra characters and proper battle modes, etc.

I sold the original MK8, but I don't regret purchasing it because I got Wind Waker HD for free (RIP Club Nintendo).

shoz999

You have derailed this conversation with your indecisiveness for way too long. No one can make this decision for you. The value of a game is inherently subjective. It was valuable to me, so I bought it. It wasn't valuable to Genos, so they did not buy it. Whether it's worth buying is something only you can decide for yourself. Your money, your decision. It is not nearly as difficult as you are making it out to be.

But if you'd like to make it as blatantly easy as possible, I have a simple checklist.

Step 1 - Are you willing to buy a game on Switch that you already own on Wii U, regardless of QoL improvements/additions?
>Yes - Proceed to Step 2
>No - Don't buy MK8D

Step 2 - Is having a Mario Kart game on Switch worth it to you?
>Yes - Proceed to Step 3
>No - Don't buy MK8D

Step 3 - Does the decision to wait for a hypothetical next iteration of the series that might not even exist for several years cause you to not want to get MK8D?
>Yes - Don't buy MK8D
>No - Buy MK8D

If you've arrived at Step 3 and still don't know, then you're beyond help. So take it somewhere else.
You know. It's not healthy to take part in this childish feud. Instead of staying neutral like how most professional mods are, you chose @Hydrohs who is the one to actually derail this conversation as one can clearly see here when he started insulting me.

Since you seem to be incapable of making a decision on your own, I'll do what you're asking and make the decision for you:

Buy Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

I tried playing along, asking his opinion but he continued derailing the conversation.

You asked for someone to make a decision for you. You're not allowed to ask why. You were given information to form your own opinion based on your own whys and you not only turned it down, but tried to call it off topic.

I got frustrated by the insults, and demanded he get back on-topic by selling a yes, a no, or just leave.

He gave me a half-answer but continued on with the insults and thus here we are now.

I suggest you two stop. The only reason I'm "derailing" this conversation as you two believe is because you two keep continuing this endless childish conversation, debating with somewhat applicable answers but with the desperate insults of children. I simply asked for advice and you came to me, not the other way around. If you want to see me stop, simply stop talking to me and ignore me. I appreciate everyone else's answer but it is you two that I'm only responding to because of your negativity. You have the power to shut up with the childish insults and be professional, so do it and stop wasting my time because I will ask the question about Mario Kart again and again.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
-tries to ignore previous "topic" decides to at least make what I wanna talk about related to it-

Speaking of updated versions of old games though... Persona 5: Royal is coming out in about two weeks. Can't wait to hear Robbie Daymond as crazy Goro Akechi and hearing his new lines post-December. And well all the new lines in general.

Though speaking of voice acting, I looked into Smite recently and I just laughed at the lines of Hades' Prince of Darkness skin, specifically his line about Zeus. It was hilarious. Makes me wish I could play it (and it would be the only MOBA I'd want to try because of the mythological figures) but various technical limitations wouldn't allow me to.

shoz999

-tries to ignore previous "topic" decides to at least make what I wanna talk about related to it-

Speaking of updated versions of old games though... Persona 5: Royal is coming out in about two weeks. Can't wait to hear Robbie Daymond as crazy Goro Akechi and hearing his new lines post-December. And well all the new lines in general.

Though speaking of voice acting, I looked into Smite recently and I just laughed at the lines of Hades' Prince of Darkness skin, specifically his line about Zeus. It was hilarious. Makes me wish I could play it (and it would be the only MOBA I'd want to try because of the mythological figures) but various technical limitations wouldn't allow me to.
Thought Royal was already released. According to the sites, it's WW release is this month and it's Japan release was last year. Weird how I forget that. Actually even more weird that I haven't seen a single person talk about it this month in terms of March Releases. Just Animal Crossing and Doom. Doominal Crossing.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Yeah you could get Persona 5 Royal last year if you wanted Japanese only, but for most people it would suck since they aren't going to know the language in a game with a lot of menuing.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
I would attribute the forgetting as well as lack of discussion to the fact that most of the new stuff in Royal has been discovered because of the Japanese release being earlier than its international release and Scramble taking some of the hype from the international release for those who were impatient (like me) and followed the Persona fans who were translating/relaying the Japanese stuff. So at this point it's a bit meh. It doesn't help that the English advertising isn't quite as hype as its Japanese one or, heck, even Persona 5's original release.

For the Japanese advertising of Royal, there were two teasers, three proper trailers, and character trailers for all the Phantom Thieves and the two new characters, Kasumi and Takuto. Not to mention all the Morgana Reports talking about the game. For vanilla P5, all the Phantom Thieves get their own trailers (though shorter than Royal's) in both English and Japanese. But what does Royal get in English? Just five trailers. One of which is all the Thieves are in one trailer. Not exactly the most hype advertising.

It's almost like Atlus knew their English audience would be watching the Japanese release and so lessened the trailers for English. But that's probably just me and my analytical mind.

So while I'm looking forward to it, I'm not hyped like I was when it was still about to come out in Japan.

shoz999

Feeling like playing a 2.5D Platformer sometime later. Can you guys recommend Yoshi's Crafted World? I played Woolly World and it's really good, but I heard Crafted World is good but nowhere as good as the first. I've also heard it's kind of different from the first due to some 3D mechanics.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Feeling like playing a 2.5D Platformer sometime later. Can you guys recommend Yoshi's Crafted World? I played Woolly World and it's really good, but I heard Crafted World is good but nowhere as good as the first. I've also heard it's kind of different from the first due to some 3D mechanics.
I've heard DK:TF is good, and I think it's a 2.5d platformer

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
There are two notable flaws with Yoshi's Crafted World (according to popular opinion).

1. Music- The music in the game basically consists of the same song presented in different ways.

2. 100% completion- The game really is a slog to 100% complete since it requires you to go through the same level forward, backward, and to collect different items by throwing eggs at them (which you can't complete at the beginning).

Other than that, the game's good enough I suppose.

shoz999

Decided to get 999 moons for Super Mario Odyssey, and I have to say. What evil human being created the Jump Rope challenge? It is almost impossible to complete that it may be the hardest challenge in the entire Mario series. Haven't played the Volley Ball one though, I've heard that's even harder than the Jump Rope challenge.