• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Video Game Discussion Silver Version

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Decided to get 999 moons for Super Mario Odyssey, and I have to say. What evil human being created the Jump Rope challenge? It is almost impossible to complete that it may be the hardest challenge in the entire Mario series. Haven't played the Volley Ball one though, I've heard that's even harder than the Jump Rope challenge.
I've completed the Jump Rope challenge with the motor scooter. lol

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I've ignored Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, A Hat in Time, and Deadly Premonition so far, but you know what's a game that I have been keeping my eye on, a game I recently played a demo for. Trials of Mana. The game where lots of old school gamers are putting it on their top ten most hyped games list and the game where lots of non-old school gamers forgot the game even existed. Played the demo recently, and my god this feels like a PS2 game. No, I don't mean that as an insult. I mean that as praise. This feels like it has the charm of an old JRPG from the PS2 era, from the clunky animations that reminds you of Dreamcast Sonic's weird mouth animations, the poor dubbing, the awkward in-game cutscenes, to how oddly PS2-ish the towns feel and one fan said the reason why it feels like that is because this is an almost exact remake of the original Trials of Mana, from how the NPC merchants dance to the exact layout of the towns resembling the old SNES layout.

The story seems pretty simple, the idea of different stories for different characters with different companions intrigues me and people say that unlike fan's expectations for Octopath Traveller, here it's the real deal, and then there is the combat. The combat is kind of like Kingdom Hearts combat but this really isn't Kingdom Hearts. There is stuff like jumping and evading, the animations are clunky, but the action is good enough to hold on it's own. It's kind of hard to differentiate it from Kingdom Hearts, it's like it's slower and heavier, it's still fast-paced, but this is clearly it's own thing. One thing I really enjoyed are the boss battles. Honestly I think it was the boss battles that had me intrigued the most and they are pretty fun here, requires a bit more strategy and this is where you really see the AI start to shine. Actually I think it's just basic evade the hitzone AI but it works pretty good in my opinion.

Overall, if you never played a Mana game like myself, go play the demo. This is one of those games where you can't simply sell with a show, not tell. You have to get a feel for the gameplay too because that trailer had me intrigued, but also confused me a bit what this game was like in terms of gameplay.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

shoz999

http://vgleaks.com/rumor-resident-evil-4-remake-in-development-for-2022/
Apparently, Capcom is planning to release a remake of RE4 in 2022 to follow up on RE3.

http://vgleaks.com/rumor-resident-e...witches-european-setting-planned-for-q1-2021/
We previously knew they were planning to release a RE8 for Q1 2021 (bear in mind, this is is Japanese Q1, so to April-June).

I guess Capcom is adopting a similar strategy with RE remakes to how SEGA rereleases older Yakuza games.
2022 makes sense. RE3 and RE2 both share the location of Racoon City, so they can afford to reuse a lot of models here and there, including enemies. Resident Evil 4 however is set in an entirely new location inspired by Spain with tons of enemies, including the "zombies" themselves, being new.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Ubisoft just announced Assassin's Creed: Valhalla and cant find any excitement for it. I know it'll be another massive open world with lots of collectables and will be more RPG than stealth game.

This just feels like its riding off the hype from God of War 4, Skyrim, and the Vikings TV Show.

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

shoz999

I was looking very forward to Outerworlds on the Switch until I saw the graphics and framerate. Disappointing because if I'm to get the Steam version, I'd have to wait even longer.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I tried out the 51 Clubhouse Games demo and I liked the two games provided. I think I’ll save my money and buy it right after I get the Smash Fighter Pass 2 and MK 11 Aftermath Pass.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
You know, I'm not understanding why the E3 conference was cancelled.

The exhibition I get, since buyers are not able to view and test the new products first hand. The conferences, however, have always been streamed online. What makes today any different? Do they really need a giant auditorium filled with thousands people to in order to hold their conferences? Nintendo sure as hell never did.

Speaking of Nintendo, why did they cancel their own conference? They never needed E3 to host their conference, only their exhibitions. In fact, they would always release the conference prior to E3. I'm not getting the issue here.

shoz999

You know, I'm not understanding why the E3 conference was cancelled.

The exhibition I get, since buyers are not able to view and test the new products first hand. The conferences, however, have always been streamed online. What makes today any different? Do they really need a giant auditorium filled with thousands people to in order to hold their conferences? Nintendo sure as hell never did.

Speaking of Nintendo, why did they cancel their own conference? They never needed E3 to host their conference, only their exhibitions. In fact, they would always release the conference prior to E3. I'm not getting the issue here.
Yes, they need their auditoriums filled with thousands of people. The reason for physical as opposed to digital is to make money off of the event, having business partners and visitors pay to be there, along with merchandise, food, and of course feeding cash into the tourism of Los Angeles. It would be kind of like free marketing if companies started going digital. In fact, that's actually one of the reasons why Nintendo went digital, so they don't have to pay for an E3 stage.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Yes, they need their auditoriums filled with thousands of people. The reason for physical as opposed to digital is to make money off of the event, having business partners and visitors pay to be there, along with merchandise, food, and of course feeding cash into the tourism of Los Angeles. It would be kind of like free marketing if companies started going digital. In fact, that's actually one of the reasons why Nintendo went digital, so they don't have to pay for an E3 stage.

Again, I understand the exhibitions being cancelled. I'm talking about the conferences, all of which have been digital since 2005.

So far, Sony has had the right idea by continuing with their conference today. I believe Microsoft will be doing theirs soon. Where there hell is Nintendo?

shoz999

Again, I understand the exhibitions being cancelled. I'm talking about the conferences, all of which have been digital since 2005.

So far, Sony has had the right idea by continuing with their conference today. I believe Microsoft will be doing theirs soon. Where there hell is Nintendo?
In that case, I am a little curious what Nintendo's strategy is for the marketing of their games. It reminds me of how they announced the Switch and shortly, few weeks later, they showed it off in a trailer and conference. Perhaps Nintendo looked at the Switch reveal and thought they needed to do the same for their games after E3 was cancelled? Who knows but Nintendo has often acted as an unconventional company because people are unconventional beings right?

shoz999

Got around to seeing the PS5, lots of nice looking games but the PS5. It's probably just me because the reception seems positive but does anyone else think the PS5's white exterior looks kind of forced, tacked on? There for the sake of looks? I think if they took it off and kept the sleek rounded interior look, it would look better but that's just me. The white exterior certainly does make the PS5 stand out more though.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Got around to seeing the PS5, lots of nice looking games but the PS5. It's probably just me because the reception seems positive but does anyone else think the PS5's white exterior looks kind of forced, tacked on? There for the sake of looks? I think if they took it off and kept the sleek rounded interior look, it would look better but that's just me. The white exterior certainly does make the PS5 stand out more though.
Yea it does. I thought the system kind of looks like a pistachio. The new Resident Evil game looks very promising though.