• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Video Game Discussion Silver Version

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I've always bad a horrible experience with Gamestop shipping. There's a lot of times where I ordered a game for release day, and I received the game days later.

I usually try to preorder my games at Best Buy and pick them up instore. For my used gaming needs I shop at Disk Traders. They have a way bigger selection. Their pool of instore retro games is phenomenal. There's probably many other game stores out there that are way better than Gamestop.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
This pic about Xenoblade got me laughin. If I keep scrolling down the Xenoblade Subreddit, I think I'm going to die lol.

uwd9ybzfpeh51.jpg

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Just a heads up for anyone who preordered a PS5 through Amazon, delivery dates are starting to be changed from launch to Monday. It hasn't happened to everyone, but i'm seeing it happen to quite a few. So don't be to surprised/bummed if you wind up next. Also they're prioritzing Prime users from the looks of it, so if you aren't one, expect a delay regardless.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I picked up my Series X at Best Buy. The day one update didn't take very long. Man, this system is powerful as advertised. That's for sure. I already have most of my games transferred over from my Xbox One S.

My 2TB external storage is also plugged in. I have a lot of space to work with.

These faster load times are very incredible!

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I've always bad a horrible experience with Gamestop shipping. There's a lot of times where I ordered a game for release day, and I received the game days later.

I usually try to preorder my games at Best Buy and pick them up instore. For my used gaming needs I shop at Disk Traders. They have a way bigger selection. Their pool of instore retro games is phenomenal. There's probably many other game stores out there that are way better than Gamestop.
I preorder games at GameStop in person and always choose to pick up the order there. That way I know I can get the game upon release and not worry about complications from the package being delivered to the wrong address to using a credit card on the store site and then someone hacking into the system and getting my card number.

KillerDraco

The World Ends With You is getting a sequel.

No, for real.

Neo: The World Ends With You is coming to PS4/Switch in Summer 2021.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Sometimes dreams do come true.

It might be time for me to finally play the original. I tried it when it originally came out on DS but couldn't come to grips with the combat, so it's sat ever since.

Captain Jigglypuff

Do you think it’s possible that one of the new main characters of NEO: The World Ends With You will be part of the Fighter’s Pass for Smash Ultimate? The game’s release date seems to correspond with the Fighter’s Pass release and it would make sense to have one of them as DLC to help promote the game just like how Corrin and Blythe promoted their own FE games. And it looks like this game will be much easier to play and control compared to the first’s Switch port. That was just awful having to either use the touchscreen and limited to handheld or docked playing options.

KillerDraco

Do you think it’s possible that one of the new main characters of NEO: The World Ends With You will be part of the Fighter’s Pass for Smash Ultimate?

No. I mean it's *possible* in the loosest sense, but I'd chalk it up to being highly unlikely when Smash DLC is already pretty contested among fans.

The game’s release date seems to correspond with the Fighter’s Pass release and it would make sense to have one of them as DLC to help promote the game just like how Corrin and Blythe promoted their own FE games.

The difference being that Fire Emblem is first party and TWEWY is third party.

Captain Jigglypuff

The difference being that Fire Emblem is first party and TWEWY is third party.
I thought it was technically a second party game as the first game was only released on mobile phones and Nintendo consoles. Sort of how Bayonetta is considered to be second party since the second game is Nintendo exclusive and the third will only be on the Switch.

KillerDraco

I thought it was technically a second party game as the first game was only released on mobile phones and Nintendo consoles. Sort of how Bayonetta is considered to be second party since the second game is Nintendo exclusive and the third will only be on the Switch.

Square Enix is third party. The new TWEWY will be on Switch AND PS4. These comparisons are not really consistent.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I've been going through all the old video games I own and a list of ones I may want to own. While organizing them onto a shelf by system I had a realization that gaming as a hobby should be determined not just by money but by time invested. Depending on how engaging certain games are then the time invested is worth it, but games that aren't shouldn't be owned.

Just wanted to share my thoughts.

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
Can't believe we're finally getting a TWEWY sequel after 13 years. Feels surreal!

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Late on this but I am glad Microsoft bought Bethesda because I think now Obsidian can make proper Fallout game, hopefully. (MS owns Obisidan).
Last decent FO game was New Vegas. Fallout 4 is only decent with mods that fix the game tremendously. 76: we don't speak of that ever.5 years without Fallout game... wow. Hopefully we get to see decent FO game without mods before FO 5 ( which would happen in like late 2020's.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
After failing to do the last two special themes of Tetris 99. I did the one with Super Mario All-Stars today.

Had the motivation to participate. Even if I'm getting my butt kicked by hardcore players.

Captain Jigglypuff

After failing to do the last two special themes of Tetris 99. I did the one with Super Mario All-Stars today.

Had the motivation to participate. Even if I'm getting my butt kicked by hardcore players.
I got it yesterday at 5 in the morning. It took longer than usual for me because I think more skilled Japanese players were online then because I didn’t make it past the top 40 mark once when usual I can get to the top 30 or higher at least two times.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
I got it yesterday at 5 in the morning. It took longer than usual for me because I think more skilled Japanese players were online then because I didn’t make it past the top 40 mark once when usual I can get to the top 30 or higher at least two times.
Same here, made it past top 30 three times. Of course that's when I start to fail because the fall timer gets faster and I don't have enough time to react.