• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Video Game Discussion Silver Version

Rezzo

Occasionally
Any Disco Elysium fans about? It's currently on discount on Steam and I'm barely able to contain myself for the apparent Switch port coming next year.

Have anything constructive / non-constructive to say about the game?

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Disco Elysium is really good, it’s like a classic CRPg game without throwing in an awkward combat system that drags things down.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I've been playing Cyberpunk on the Xbox Series X. I haven't encountered many bugs to be honest. Some users are experiencing many bugs, though. Especially in main quest lines. This has been a much anticipated game. It stinks that it's filled with so many bugs. However, it's still a great game so far when bugs aren't thwarting the experience. There will be many more patches to fix these bugs.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.

Easy Allies review of Cyber Punk 2077 just came in. Most trustworthy and detailed reviews in my opinion. I think this best sums up people's opinions of the games so far.

"The impulse to fall into one extreme opinion or the other is strong. There are moments when you can get so swept up in the world and characters that the valid complaints seem small. Yet there are also moments when something will break yet again and you'd give anything for the man behind the curtains to just hide himself better. The game's ambition is standing upon very wobbly legs that feel like they can collapse at any time. There is greatness but you have to really fight to see all of it more than anyone should have to."

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Cyberpunk's being removed from the PS store. Refunds and refunds galore.

What the f*** is going on?

Last edited:

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Cyberpunk's being removed from the PS4 store. Refunds and refunds galore.

What the f*** is going on?
I've heard of that. I always thought that was odd because CDPR could still make a profit on the game despite the animation glitches. It has lots of defenders and just look at Bethesda's buggy launches. Kind of looks like they are shooting themselves in the foot.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Yeah, the game is a buggy mess on PS4 and Xbox One. I've put almost 40 hours into the game on Xbox Series X and I'm having a lot of fun. I haven't experienced one game breaking bug yet. Any bugs that I see are normally small visual bugs that don't hinder my playing experience. The game seems to run way better on next gen hardware and have less bugs. Maybe I'm just stupid lucky at this point....

It's a shame to see the game plagued with so many issues. Waiting 8 years for a game is rough. The game shouldn't be a buggy mess. I'm just glad that my experience has been a great one thus far. I definitely feel bad for Xbox One and PS4 players, though.

NPC

sleep researcher
I'm very happy to see the Scott Pilgrim game getting a re-release on current-gen systems. The world could always use more beat-'em-ups.

I really hope this inspires Capcom to release a Beat-'Em-Up Collection Vol. 2, and perhaps even Konami to follow suit, but that seems vanishingly unlikely.

NPC

sleep researcher
The game was clearly rushed and riddled with bugs. Last-gen console versions were so bad that full refunds are now being offered for them. Current-gen and high-end PC versions are faring better, but in general the game's been a disappointment.

KillerDraco

So I gave the Balan Wonderworld Demo a try since I was majorly looking forward to the game after the previews... And man, now all my hype for the game is just GONE. The game needs a heck of a lot more polish to be anything good. The worlds feel empty and bare, the controls feel sluggish and stiff, and the camera is wonky as heck. I had this preordered as a day 1 buy originally, but after that Demo... I decided to cancel it and wait to see if the game gets fixes before buying it.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I'm very happy to see the Scott Pilgrim game getting a re-release on current-gen systems. The world could always use more beat-'em-ups.

I really hope this inspires Capcom to release a Beat-'Em-Up Collection Vol. 2, and perhaps even Konami to follow suit, but that seems vanishingly unlikely.
imagine Konami making good decisions. i sure can't!

I've been playing a lot of Phantasy Star Online 2 lately. It's pretty alright. Nice to see a lot of nostalgia stuff but I do also worry that it's maybe a bit too much?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I bought the Switch Bioshock collection over the weekend and started to play about half an hour of the first game. I’m still near the start of the game and I like the game so far and I usually don’t play shooters but the option of attacking with blunt solid weapons is a bit fun to do as it is a bit more of a challenge to chase down enemies shooting at you but it is possible to corner them and just start bludgeoning them. I’m playing on Easy mainly because I never played the game before and I seem to be doing okay as I’ve only died twice so far.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Is anyone hyped for new Resident evil game? I doubt I will be scared but it looks good.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I bought the Switch Bioshock collection over the weekend and started to play about half an hour of the first game. I’m still near the start of the game and I like the game so far and I usually don’t play shooters but the option of attacking with blunt solid weapons is a bit fun to do as it is a bit more of a challenge to chase down enemies shooting at you but it is possible to corner them and just start bludgeoning them. I’m playing on Easy mainly because I never played the game before and I seem to be doing okay as I’ve only died twice so far.
imo BioShock 1 is the only good game in the series and even that loses a bit of the narrative thread later on. However, story aside, I greatly enjoy the sheer variety of ways you can deal with enemies; the customization is great, and there's a lot of offbeat strategies you can use (such as using telekinesis to hurl proximity mines around or yank trap bolts out of the wall). Getting that many tools makes the game super fun.

Also make sure to take as many photos of things as possible to max out your research scores. It also unlocks new abilities and tonics.

Does the Switch version of the collection work good? I've heard some very not-good reviews about the remasters and performance in general.