• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Video Game Discussion Silver Version

Genos

The Indigo Disk
So it's a... Sonic Direct. :eek:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
With the “direct” tomorrow and Roger Craig Smith being confirmed to be returning as Sonic’s VA in the games today, this looks like a good year for Sonic’s 30th anniversary.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Hopefully this will have an amazing game for such an important milestone for any game franchise. Sonic games have been hit or miss for far too late no now with Sonic Mania being critically acclaimed but Forces quickly ending up in bargain bins and being sold brand new far less than it should. I feel bad for huge fans of Sonic who keep feeling mostly disappointed with the main series.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Dragon Quest livestream announced six games.

I think there is a certain confusion with the release of some of these titles. People are saying that many are going to be Japan exclusive, while only the Dragon Quest X online update was explicitly confirmed as such. Some of the later announced titles were mentioned to have a simulatenous worldwide release. Just because they didn't say it was simultaneous, doesn't mean it won't release worldwide.

Last edited:

The Mega Champion

Digimon Survive devs have officially lied. They stated last year when Digimon Survive was originally delayed a full year that there would be a news update in spring of 2021. Summer started Monday. No news update. So yeah... liars.

At this point I guess it's canceled.

But if you refuse to accept that... make them give us an update by clicking the link in my signature and support #OperationSurvive

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Did anyone else D/L the NEO: TWEWY demo????
IT'S SOOOO GOOOD! The 13 years was worth the wait. I'm so happy with how it looks and I love the team so far!
Just did recently. Can't wait to try it out.

The Mega Champion

Did anyone else D/L the NEO: TWEWY demo????
IT'S SOOOO GOOOD! The 13 years was worth the wait. I'm so happy with how it looks and I love the team so far!

Yeah but I want to stream it on Twitch so I've been waiting for the day I've set out to do so. lol.

From this though... well... I guess I'll be enjoying it probably. :D

The Mega Champion

Digimon Survive has reportedly been delayed another FULL YEAR to 2022. Personally, IMO, I feel like this is just the first step towards cancellation.

Either way... I refuse to change what's in my signature until either the game comes out or it's officially canceled.

Nicholas Perkins

The Smasher Demon
Question: Do you guys think ARMS would've done better if it had guest characters like Dhalsim, Rayman, Bravoman and Monkey D. Luffy, along with more content in general?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
First off, ARMS did sell pretty well. Second, not really.

KillerDraco

First off, ARMS did sell pretty well. Second, not really.
Yeah, it's a common misconception that ARMS flopped. Selling over 2 million copies is no small feat for a new IP even if it is from an established company; to put it in perspective it outsold Bloodborne on the PS4.

If anything, IMO the biggest problem ARMS had was that only a month later, Splatoon 2 came out and Nintendo's marketing definitely gave more attention to Splat than they did to ARMS in terms of ongoing marketing and support. ARMS did get the Party Crash thing, but it got much less attention than Splatoon 2's Splatfests did, so it felt like an afterthought and didn't get much time in the spotlight.

That said, ARMS also had one of the best approaches to matchmaking IMO, and one that I wish Smash Ultimate had adopted; if there are people waiting in a lobby for a match, they'll just pair up and fight one another rather than waiting for a battle to end.

Marktrios

Yeah, it's a common misconception that ARMS flopped. Selling over 2 million copies is no small feat for a new IP even if it is from an established company; to put it in perspective it outsold Bloodborne on the PS4.

If anything, IMO the biggest problem ARMS had was that only a month later, Splatoon 2 came out and Nintendo's marketing definitely gave more attention to Splat than they did to ARMS in terms of ongoing marketing and support. ARMS did get the Party Crash thing, but it got much less attention than Splatoon 2's Splatfests did, so it felt like an afterthought and didn't get much time in the spotlight.

That said, ARMS also had one of the best approaches to matchmaking IMO, and one that I wish Smash Ultimate had adopted; if there are people waiting in a lobby for a match, they'll just pair up and fight one another rather than waiting for a battle to end.
what you say makes a lot of sense because arms painted to be an excellent game of the stature of incarnations of games that wii had at the time but then splatoon 2 came out and everything ended up being an illusion focusing on more in this last game. It is a pity that the release calendars were not coordinated and something that I feel will be repeated is that in future pokemon games this same thing will happen even if the games have only been separated two months between them

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
While figuring out which game I wanted to replay next I had a completely forgot about several digital titles on my Nintendo Switch. Mainly because I haven't played them in two years and they're further down in the selection menu.

Suppose I'll always prefer physical games because I can instantly remember what games I have on my shelf. Any digital games may just be lost in your menus.

The Mega Champion

Remember that last post I made on here? Something contradictory has occurred.

Digimon Survive was rated in Australia over the weekend/on Friday/around that time. What does this mean exactly? Honestly... who knows.

Personally though... this doesn't get my hopes up at all. :rolleyes:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Why don't we have a female protagonist for Grand Theft Auto yet?

Like, it's been nearly 30 years! What's going on?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Why don't we have a female protagonist for Grand Theft Auto yet?

Like, it's been nearly 30 years! What's going on?
That's too political, and the last thing we need is for GTA of all games to appease the SJWs. (I'm kidding.)

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
That's too political, and the last thing we need is for GTA of all games to appease the SJWs. (I'm kidding.)

For me, I just think it would make sense for a woman in this modern age to be a driving force of power in a universe where money, sex, and cars are all that matters. Hell, Martha Stewart can attest to that. lol

Just as @bobjr alluded to, Saints Row is a mighty fine representation of such. It's about time GTA got on it too.