• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Video Game Discussion Silver Version

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Hmmm. Might give it a go then, always been kind of interested in the series, just never actually bought one of them. Even though I have a PS2/3/4.

If you’ve never played the older games it’s a situation where it’s probably good to look up a short summary of what happened, even if it’s a paragraph or so, since it helps but is not needed.

The games haven’t aged badly, but they do feel very 2005 now

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
If you’ve never played the older games it’s a situation where it’s probably good to look up a short summary of what happened, even if it’s a paragraph or so, since it helps but is not needed.

The games haven’t aged badly, but they do feel very 2005 now
Good to know, I have like the most base idea but will definitely keep that in mind if I give it a go.

KillerDraco

Honestly there's maybe two points in GoW 2018 that explicitly reference the original trilogy, and they're fairly spelled out for you in the course of the game. Obviously they're more meaningful if you've played the older games yourself or are at least familiar with them, but by and large the game's story is pretty self contained.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
If you want Saints Row IV on the Switch, I suggest that you buy it from the eShop right now. It is currently 93% off and is $2.79. Just wanted to spread the info around. I bought it at that price because how often does a big budget game from a popular series go on sale for that price?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
This New Year's, Square Enix, sigh...

I feel like Square Enix is not a bad company like EA, Activision-Blizzard, etc., but it feels like they make the real backwards decisions that everyone accuses Nintendo of doing. (I'm not saying Nintendo made every right decision, but still...)
Nintendo isn't as scummy as other game companies, with the recent Switch Online Expansion Pack being the scummiest thing they've done.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Nintendo isn't as scummy as other game companies, with the recent Switch Online Expansion Pack being the scummiest thing they've done.
I didn't like the idea of buying the Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pass, but I also didn't buy it, so no money wasted there.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I didn't like the idea of buying the Nintendo Switch Online Exapsion Pass, but I also didn't buy it, so no money wasted there.
And even then the Switch Online Expansion Pass isn't as bad as what other companies have done.

bobjr

Staff member
There's also basically no way to make a crypto/NFT game that doesn't have multiple people losing money for a few people who get ahead money wise. When they say "People who play for fun don't understand", it's because the system that could come from this would result in multiple people losing money and therefore having no fun at all with a video game.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
There's also basically no way to make a crypto/NFT game that doesn't have multiple people losing money for a few people who get ahead money wise. When they say "People who play for fun don't understand", it's because the system that could come from this would result in multiple people losing money and therefore having no fun at all with a video game.
Hopefully they'd mostly be doing unique cosmetic stuff rather than actually useful things.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
From what I understand, the Ubisoft NFTs failed so badly, that it didn't seem the cryptobros even wanted to do anything with them.
I'm guessing something similar could very well happen with Square Enix.

As far as anything blockchain related, definitely still buzzword territory.
If I may ask, are you suggesting that they are using lip service to try to make profit?

If so, they may utterly fail at that.

In no way am I defending this, but I think part of the idea may be that you get some sort of return from it.
For example: instead of paying $70 for a game, pay $70 and get $30 back.
Of course, such a stance would be short-sighted.

I also heard the idea tossed around that they may be using the computing power that they could be using for stable online access for these NFTs, so I think they could hurt the company in the long run. Either way, I think neither the popularity nor the profit are really there.

bobjr

Staff member
Instant deflation crisis if the game is actually successful. you'll have more players than tokens, so nothing a player can acquire in game will ever equal it, leading to an instant doomed economy.

At best you'll get something like that scam Fight Ape game.

https://www.stephendiehl.com/blog/against-crypto.html This is probably the best written short but detailed explanation why it's bad and cannot work as an entertainment aspect.

The Mega Champion

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotHack/comments/rv3yx0
Nothing to see here everyone. Move along. Because new .hack games aren't real and they can't hurt us. I've accepted this at this point and it's made me feel lots better. :)

It's probably just another dumb anime fighter or another dumb anime game in general.

So it's fine. No need to freak out or do anything else involving hope. o_O

The Mega Champion

Two things. With my opinions on each following them.

1. The Kingdom Hearts anniversary event has been announced to be taking place on April 10th. They didn't announce a stream/livestream or anything like that though. They did, however, announce an 'exhibition' that could very well still contain some announcements or reveals. My best guess for what those could be are either Kingdom Hearts IV or Final Fantasy Versus 13 Except KH (Verum Rex). Time will tell I suppose. Just another event for me to look forward to.

2. Microsoft is buying Activision/Blizzard. Will this fix their issues and make them change for good once and for all? Honestly... who knows. It could. But it could also just make things much worse. Honestly... I don't really have an opinion on this. As long as I can continue to play Crash and Spyro on my PS4/PS5... I don't really care.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I’m pretty much broke from buying so many games the past three months. Over $300 worth (physical and digital) of games and Legends is going to be my last purchase for now. I might buy some in-game extras for Pokémon Cafe Remix but that’s it until April when my sister gives me an Amazon gift card for my birthday and I use that to buy the new Kirby game.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Two things. With my opinions on each following them.

1. The Kingdom Hearts anniversary event has been announced to be taking place on April 10th. They didn't announce a stream/livestream or anything like that though. They did, however, announce an 'exhibition' that could very well still contain some announcements or reveals. My best guess for what those could be are either Kingdom Hearts IV or Final Fantasy Versus 13 Except KH (Verum Rex). Time will tell I suppose. Just another event for me to look forward to.

2. Microsoft is buying Activision/Blizzard. Will this fix their issues and make them change for good once and for all? Honestly... who knows. It could. But it could also just make things much worse. Honestly... I don't really have an opinion on this. As long as I can continue to play Crash and Spyro on my PS4/PS5... I don't really care.
Don't count on this for future releases, if their choices with upcoming Bethesda games are any indication.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Microsoft purchasing Activision/Blizzard is a very big deal. One of my friends is a diehard Crash Bandicoot fan and he HATES Microsoft. He's been in absolute shambles all week. For years Crash Bandicoot and Spyro have been PlayStation mascots. This is a very big deal. Microsoft went for the jugular on Sony.

As far as Activision/Call of Duty goes hopefully the series takes time off. The recent releases have stunk like hotdog water in my opinion. It's the same copy and paste nonsense every year. Apparently Call of Duty Vanguard has flopped and sales are rediculously low. It looks like people have finally woke up. It's about time.

Also, the Activision/Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick is an absolute tool.

The Mega Champion

Microsoft purchasing Activision/Blizzard is a very big deal. One of my friends is a diehard Crash Bandicoot fan and he HATES Microsoft. He's been in absolute shambles all week. For years Crash Bandicoot and Spyro have been PlayStation mascots. This is a very big deal. Microsoft went for the jugular on Sony.

As far as Activision/Call of Duty goes hopefully the series takes time off. The recent releases have stunk like hotdog water in my opinion. It's the same copy and paste nonsense every year. Apparently Call of Duty Vanguard has flopped and sales are rediculously low. It looks like people have finally woke up. It's about time.

Also, the Activision/Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick is an absolute tool.

As far as I'm concerned... I'm not buying a completely new console for what is essentially only 2 franchises. So either I abandon the games and don't play any further titles from them... or I start saving up for a gaming quality laptop. Either option is BS.

I would suggest those two franchises stay on PS4/PS5 so I can continue to play them. I see no issue as to why this can't happen. Whether this will actually happen... well... time will tell obviously

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
As far as I'm concerned... I'm not buying a completely new console for what is essentially only 2 franchises. So either I abandon the games and don't play any further titles from them... or I start saving up for a gaming quality laptop. Either option is BS.

I would suggest those two franchises stay on PS4/PS5 so I can continue to play them. I see no issue as to why this can't happen. Whether this will actually happen... well... time will tell obviously
I speculate that Call of Duty will stay multi-platform, but Crash and Spyro.... I can understand why people are ticked about this.

I've always been open minded when it comes to consoles as I play everything, so for me it's no problem. I'm not a fanboy of a particular console. Fanboy wars are absolutely pointless to me. I just enjoy playing games on all consoles. I'm not trying to flex, but I own all of the new gen consoles. Everyone's situations are different. Not everyone can afford to go out and purchase the newest console for their own reasons, though. It's completely understandable.