• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Video Game Discussion

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Oh, and **** SR3 for
Killing of Gat, he's one of the reason to play the series.
Zombie Gat can't compare.

Yeah, to be fair, that is pretty low.
Gat
was basically the best character in the series.

Also, I started doing some hybrid text/video LPs. Well, only one for now.

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
Does anyone think Far Cry 3 is/will be worth the money? I'm thinking about getting for Christmas.

I'd rather hear strangers' opinions about it on a pokemon forum than research it myself.

LordLucario21

Pokemon Veteran
Does anyone think Far Cry 3 is/will be worth the money? I'm thinking about getting for Christmas.

I'd rather hear strangers' opinions about it on a pokemon forum than research it myself.

From what I've seen, it actually looks pretty good. I haven't played any of the Far Cry games so I can't really compare it to the others, but I might check it out.

Abstinence Pistols

It's supposed to be really fun, at least in terms of sandbox games. I really want to get it myself.

Anyway, they just released the cover art for BioShock Infinite.

[img139]http://electronictheatre.co.uk/images/bioshockinfinite/bioshockinfinite_boxart.jpg[/img139]

Could have been better, IMO. The Beast of America picture would have looked great.

The Admiral

What is this, BmC: BioShock May Cry? At least it means people won't whine about Elizabeth having tits, this time.

Mister_SGG

The reviews are sky-high, practically all 9-10/10. Haha one of them said "Like Skyrim with guns"

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
From what I've seen, it actually looks pretty good. I haven't played any of the Far Cry games so I can't really compare it to the others, but I might check it out.

It's supposed to be really fun, at least in terms of sandbox games. I really want to get it myself.

The reviews are sky-high, practically all 9-10/10. Haha one of them said "Like Skyrim with guns"

Ok good. It can't be much worse than some of the games I've bought this year :|

Night Shadow

BRRAAP BRRAAP
What else did you buy this year? Not much good stuff came out this year anyway.

Eh, I'd disagree.
Dishonored
XCOM
Sleeping Dogs
The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition
The Wii U
Halo 4
FFXIII-2
The Walking Dead
Hitman: Absolution
Soulcalibur V
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Resident Evil: Revelations
Resident Evil 6
Twisted Metal
Mass Effect 3
FIFA 13
Tales of Grace f

There's more, but I don't feel like listing anymore. Go here instead.

Lolopinions.
This year was pretty bad.

But yeah, that cover looks awful. Like, how does that image give you any idea as to what the game could be like? Okay, a dude with a shotgun standing in front of a burning flag. Anarchy? The USA? This is just awful.
The game itself, however, is looking fabulous.

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
What else did you buy this year? Not much good stuff came out this year anyway.

Mainly Resident Evil 6. Some of my friends (who told me to buy it no less) say the game is great, but I didn't enjoy it. And Assassin's Creed 3 in some parts.

Then again, I haven't bought as much this year so I might have missed out on some good titles.

Abstinence Pistols

Eh, I'd disagree.
Dishonored
XCOM
Sleeping Dogs
The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition
The Wii U
Halo 4
FFXIII-2
The Walking Dead
Hitman: Absolution
Soulcalibur V
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Resident Evil: Revelations
Resident Evil 6
Twisted Metal
Mass Effect 3
FIFA 13
Tales of Grace f

There's more, but I don't feel like listing anymore. Go here instead.
Compared to last year, which had:
LittleBigPlanet 2
Dead Space 2
Mass Effect 2
Crysis 2
Magicka
Killzone 3
Bulletstorm
Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War II
Pokemon Black/White
Dragon Age II
Homefront
Portal 2
LA Noire
Infamous 2
Red Faction: Armageddon
Bastion
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Dead Island
Resistance 3
Warhammer 40k Space Marine
Red Orchestra 2
Gears of War 3
Dark Souls
RAGE
Arkham City
Saints Row the Third
Uncharted 3
Skyrim

It could have been worse, but compared to years past, there weren't a whole lot of great titles.
Mainly Resident QTEvil 6.

Ah, that explains it.

D

Deleted member 318910

last year also had The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Unless of course you consider it a disappointment.

last year also had The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Unless of course you consider it a disappointment.

Skyward Sword just felt kind of...off. Like, it felt pretty linear for a LoZ game. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed it (once the story finally decided to show up during the third dungeon); the environments were gorgeous, the OST was pretty solid, there were very memorable characters, and once the plot FINALLY started moving, it was a great story. It was just...strange, I guess you could say.

Zibdas

not bad
Didn't Pushmo come out last year? That was fun.

The Admiral

Last year also had Rayman Origins. I mean, that combined with Portal 2 means that this year is just gonna end up not seeming as good by comparison.

Djura

99% chance to hit
Uh, Dawn of War II and Chaos Rising were 2009 titles, unless you meant the Retribution expansion. Mass Effect 2 was a 2010 title.

And all of you will hate me for this, but I consider Skyrim a great disappointment. I was expecting a great, epic adventure that would suck me in, and I got a hiking simulator with bland story, characters, combat, etc. It's as wide as a lake and shallow as a puddle. Also, compared to Crysis, aka Benchmarking Tool 2007, I was disappointed with Crysis 2. Eschewing the sandbox jungle for a linear city and streamlining just about everything was a pretty bad move. DX11 was only slightly more taxing on hardware, but it still can't beat its predecessor and Metro 2033.

Last edited:
And all of you will hate me for this, but I consider Skyrim a great disappointment. I was expecting a great, epic adventure that would suck me in, and I got a hiking simulator with bland story, characters, combat, etc. It's as wide as a lake and shallow as a puddle.

Believe it or not, I agree with you. I was pretty into it at first, as I was with the previous entries, but like the others, I got bored with it after awhile. Now the only way it keeps my interests is with mods, and even then it's not that fantastic. I'm going to be pirating the new addon, maybe I'll get back into it again, but not like I used to be.
Maybe if the story were actually good, and the environments a lot less copy-and-paste, it'd be easier to get back into.

It's kinda how it was with Borderlands 2 this year, for me. I got it and I didn't put it down for quite some time, and now I don't want to think about picking it up again until the next expansions come out. It's just gotten so boring.

Last edited:

Djura

99% chance to hit
It's kinda how it was with Borderlands 2 this year, for me. I got it and I didn't put it down for quite some time, and now I don't want to think about picking it up again until the next expansions come out. It's just gotten so boring.
It's the same with me, but the difference between it and Skyrim is that it actually left a pretty good impression in my case, so it went out with more of a bang than a whimper. The villain was memorable, the writing was funny, with some heartrending parts, and the gameplay was actually quite good, especially with others.