• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Video Game Discussion

LilPrinnyDood

Flat chest huh?
I myself can't wait for disgaea d2 next year :3 I welcome flonne, etna and laharl back in hd. Disgaea 4 was good but nothing beats the classic cast.

Zibdas

not bad
I need an immersive game experiance, one I haven't experianced for a year since Portal 2 and Skyward Sword this month. Does anyone have recommendations?

Djura

99% chance to hit
I need an immersive game experiance, one I haven't experianced for a year since Portal 2 and Skyward Sword this month. Does anyone have recommendations?
The first thing that pops up off the top of my head is Dark Souls. It sucked me in for months on end, not because it's a genuine challenge, but because the gameplay is deep and immersive. Everything has to be planned out in advance for both PvP and PvE, and when you die, you have to learn from your mistake, otherwise you can't move forward with the game. You can get the game cheap, for around $20, and the DLC for $15 if you're not on PC, which costs $40.

LilPrinnyDood

Flat chest huh?
The first thing that pops up off the top of my head is Dark Souls. It sucked me in for months on end, not because it's a genuine challenge, but because the gameplay is deep and immersive. Everything has to be planned out in advance for both PvP and PvE, and when you die, you have to learn from your mistake, otherwise you can't move forward with the game. You can get the game cheap, for around $20, and the DLC for $15 if you're not on PC, which costs $40.
Its funny because that game was almost to immersive for me lol.

@Zibdas: it would help to know what consoles you have.

Zazie

So 1991
I myself can't wait for disgaea d2 next year :3 I welcome flonne, etna and laharl back in hd. Disgaea 4 was good but nothing beats the classic cast.

A (spiritual) sequel to Makai Kingdom would beat it.* But other than that yes, the game sounds great. I still need to play 3 and 4 but I don't have PS3/V

*If you are a fan of Disgaea and haven't tried the game, I recommend checking it out. It's like a spin-off of the series with some very interesting mechanics.

Last edited:

LilPrinnyDood

Flat chest huh?
A (spiritual) sequel to Makai Kingdom would beat it.* But other than that yes, the game sounds great. I still need to play 3 and 4 but I don't have PS3/V

*If you are a fan of Disgaea and haven't tried the game, I recommend checking it out. It's like a spin-off of the series with some very interesting mechanics.
I have played every nippon ichi game known to man, (except a couple) but for the most part anyway. And yes I love makai kingdom and pram = etna. Zetta > Laharl. But it just lacks the charm that disgaea has imo. It has the same gimmicky yet orginal mechanics as phantom brave for the most part.

*for what its worth they remade it for psp in japan (makai kingdom that is)

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
Uh, Dawn of War II and Chaos Rising were 2009 titles, unless you meant the Retribution expansion. Mass Effect 2 was a 2010 title.

And all of you will hate me for this, but I consider Skyrim a great disappointment. I was expecting a great, epic adventure that would suck me in, and I got a hiking simulator with bland story, characters, combat, etc. It's as wide as a lake and shallow as a puddle. Also, compared to Crysis, aka Benchmarking Tool 2007, I was disappointed with Crysis 2. Eschewing the sandbox jungle for a linear city and streamlining just about everything was a pretty bad move. DX11 was only slightly more taxing on hardware, but it still can't beat its predecessor and Metro 2033.

i literally thought Skyrim was one of the best games I ever played but then I read online about how Oblivion's missions were better as compared to "...and I need you to go clear out this Falmer cave!" that always came up in Skyrim. It did seem to get repetitive once I realized that, added with the fact that I can't get mods on the ps3 :c

D

Deleted member 318910

However true that acronym may be, EA did not buy Free Radical; FR became Crytek UK. Nor did EA buy LucasArts, who publishes every single Star Wars game.

I thought SWB was made by Pamdemic Studios...

D

Deleted member 318910

Pandemic developed the original two, yes. The handheld games were by Rebellion. And Free Radical was going to develop Battlefront III until LucasArts killed the project before it came to fruition.

Wait, now that Disney owns the rights to LucasArts, we could very possibly see SWBIII? :D

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
Wait, now that Disney owns the rights to LucasArts, we could very possibly see SWBIII? :D

Nothing's been confirmed. So far, all that's been said is that LucasArts business will continue as if nothing happened. We're still getting 1313 whenever it comes out, more Lego games (because that contract was renewed), and so far nothing else.

Waterpokes

So is the Mass Effect Trilogy worth it for PS3? I've been looking at the series, and that looks like the best option so far.

I think you should. Cool characters (with some A-list voice actors, who does a very good job), beautiful settings, great music (very good) etc, so I think you should. I've played the second game and the third game on PS3, and regardless of the controversy the last game created (if you know what I'm talking about), I'm not going to let that destroy 45+ hours (from Mass Effect 2 & 3, more with Mass Effect 1) of joy.

You'll also get a lot of DLC's. Pretty much every story-DLC in Mass Effect 1 & 2 are included, while you might miss out on maybe one DLC in Mass Effect 3. There are some recent DLC's that are not included (Leviathan & Omega), but the one I think is pretty important for back-story, is the "From Ashes" DLC. That is the one DLC I would buy. If you buy the trilogy, you might get 60+ hours of gameplay, so I'd say its worth it. And don't forget the multiplayer, which I think is pretty fun. The multiplayer DLC's are all free by the way.

Rezzo

Occasionally
List updated (not really, I just removed the now-released titles).

So I just heard that Bioshock Infinite has been delayed by a further month. I don't really have anything witty nor informing to add to that.

Born Better

God of Lightning
Except it's not even close to that.It's a completely different game that takes place in the same universe...or multiverse.Just like pretty much all the NIS games.