• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Video Game Discussion

Djura

99% chance to hit
I'm apparently going to have to play that game (well, Demon Souls). It's hanging over me like a ghost, but I'm a bit scared of the punishment I might be in for. I worried I'll be running headfirst into a cascade of failure, although I guess I'll just have to suck it up and get to it or it will bother me forever.
The whole point of the Souls series is to improve and learn from your mistakes, so you can continue on with the game. It's punishing, but it does it in a way that forces you to learn. Sure, it's frustrating to lose all those hard-earned souls, but once you've beaten that boss that killed you so many times, the end result is extremely satisfying.

LilPrinnyDood

Flat chest huh?
Am I the only one who is not looking forward to dark souls 2, I think it is as generic as it comes. Its like a toned down Dantes Inferno.

Djura

99% chance to hit
Am I the only one who is not looking forward to dark souls 2, I think it is as generic as it comes. Its like a toned down Dantes Inferno.
Yes, let's judge gameplay based on a single, pre-rendered trailer.

Anyway, as some of you may have heard, Hidetaka Miyazaki isn't directing the game, but instead supervising. The new directors plan to make it more straightforward and understandable. http://www.edge-online.com/news/introducing-edge-249-dark-souls-ii-unveiled/

I don't have a problem with it, as long as they stick with the Souls series' core mechanics. I mean, I played both Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, and I thought that as brilliant Demon's Souls was, it was of confusing with the hub and all the levels, and Dark Souls was more straightforward with the whole Metroidvania layout, but still kind of confusing in terms of direction. It could be in taken in a different context, language barriers and all.

Last edited:

LilPrinnyDood

Flat chest huh?
Did you play Dark Souls?

Yes

Yes, let's judge gameplay based on a single, pre-rendered trailer.

Anyway, as some of you may have heard, Hidetaka Miyazaki isn't directing the game, but instead supervising. The new directors plan to make it more straightforward and understandable. http://www.edge-online.com/news/introducing-edge-249-dark-souls-ii-unveiled/

I don't have a problem with it, as long as they stick with the Souls series' core mechanics. I mean, I played both Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, and I thought that as brilliant Demon's Souls was, it was of confusing with the hub and all the levels, and Dark Souls was more straightforward with the whole Metroidvania layout, but still kind of confusing in terms of direction. It could be in taken in a different context, language barriers and all.

Honestly I didn't find much good about demon souls either. Sure it had "original and challenging gameplay" but it just seemed clunky and not polished to me. I believe Japan should stick to Jrpgs rather then try and make wrpg.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Good news everybody.

Crapcom is actually celebrating Megaman 25th Birthday with Megaman X Street Fighter!

Bad new though it's a Fan made game meaning Crapcom didn't bother doing anything, hence why it's free.

D

Deleted member 318910

Good news everybody.

Crapcom is actually celebrating Megaman 25th Birthday with Megaman X Street Fighter!

Bad new though it's a Fan made game meaning Crapcom didn't bother doing anything, hence why it's free.

Okay, now somebody make a Mass Effect fan game to make up for ME3's ending to punish Electronic Assholes!

Djura

99% chance to hit
Honestly I didn't find much good about demon souls either. Sure it had "original and challenging gameplay" but it just seemed clunky and not polished to me. I believe Japan should stick to Jrpgs rather then try and make wrpg.
Wait, I said Demon's Souls was a bad game? I said I thought it was pretty polished in terms of gameplay, but the layout was confusing.

dinosaurus

Cool Story, Broselia
Don't want to say anything spoiler-ish, but it is amazing. Finish what you need to do.
D8 I read something non-spoilery somewhere online and I think I know what's going to happen and with the outcome of Episode 4 I just.. like.. AHH.

Was going to bring my o.g. xbox upstairs and play Conker: Live & Reloaded all night in my bed. It's 9:30 and I messed up that plan.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Joakim is an anagram for Kojima.

lol. Subtle. I wonder why they didn't announce this formally though.

Good news everybody.

Good effort Crapcom. (Go to hell.)

LilPrinnyDood

Flat chest huh?
So you should know that it's hardly anything like Dante's Inferno.

I was more referring to theme and feel of it. And in gameplay there are some similarities.

Wait, I said Demon's Souls was a bad game? I said I thought it was pretty polished in terms of gameplay, but the layout was confusing.

I didn't suggest you said it was good or bad I was merely stating my distaste for it. :p

anywho two new rpgs coming in 2013 which I cant wait for are Nino no Kuni and Tales of Xillia. ANd then you have fire emblem awakening which looks like its at lease better then shadow dragon was.

Last edited:

LordLucario21

Pokemon Veteran
I was more referring to theme and feel of it. And in gameplay there are some similarities.

I didn't suggest you said it was good or bad I was merely stating my distaste for it. :p

anywho two new rpgs coming in 2013 which I cant wait for are Nino no Kuni and Tales of Xillia. ANd then you have fire emblem awakening which looks like its at lease better then shadow dragon was.

I really wish I had a ps3 JUST so I could play Xillia. :( At least BlazBlue: CP will probably come to consoles next year. What're v=everyone's thoughts on Megaman X Street fighter? While I would've liked a regular Megaman game more, I'm glad Capcom is at least doing something unique and unexpected for the Blue Bomber. If I can, I'll probably get it.

LilPrinnyDood

Flat chest huh?
I really wish I had a ps3 JUST so I could play Xillia. :( At least BlazBlue: CP will probably come to consoles next year. What're v=everyone's thoughts on Megaman X Street fighter? While I would've liked a regular Megaman game more, I'm glad Capcom is at least doing something unique and unexpected for the Blue Bomber. If I can, I'll probably get it.

Its worth noting that megaman can't be in anymore capcom games due to guy leaving capcom and taking the rights to megaman with him.