• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

General Video Game Discussion

Rezzo

Occasionally
Welcome to the General Game Discussion thread. This thread is specifically designed to talk about any release on any console that you like, as a lot of games go talked about, or sizzle out in their own respective threads very quickly. Firstly, here's a shortlist of popular threads that already exist:

Assassin's Creed Series Thread
Call of Duty Series Thread
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Thread
Final Fantasy Series Thread
Halo Series Thread
Kingdom Hearts Thread
Minecraft Thread
PlayStation Thread
Sonic the Hedgehog Series Thread
Steam/Valve Thread
Tales Of Series Thread
What is the Most Recent Achievement/Trophy You Have Unlocked?
What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?
Xbox Thread (defunct)

Of course, you're free to discuss any of these topics here, but they will likely be less intense due to the leniency of the general topic. As for creating threads, feel free to do so if you think your thread will gain attention. And lastly, don't forget to post in the Nintendo section for any Nintendo-related games.

List of upcoming titles for their respective consoles (updated 07th Dec):

Anarchy Reigns (8th Jan NA / 11th Jan EU) PS3, Xbox 360

DmC: Devil May Cry (15th Jan) PC, PS3, Xbox 360

Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 (15th Jan NA / 18th Jan EU) PC, PS3, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox 360

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (22 January US 2013 25 January 2013 EU and UK) PS3

Dead Space 3 (5th Feb Na / 8th Feb EU / 15th Feb AU) (7th Feb for PC AU Release) PC, PS3, Xbox 360

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (19th Feb NA / 22nd Feb EU) PS3, Xbox 360

Tomb Raider (5th Mar) PC, PS3, Xbox 360

God of War: Ascension (12th, 13th, 14th, and 15th Mar for NA, EU, AU, and UK respectively) PS3

Gears of War: Judgement (19th Mar) Xbox 360

Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel (26th Mar NA / Mar 29th EU) PS3, Xbox 360

Dead Island: Riptide (23rd April NA / 26th April EU) PC, PS3, Xbox 360

And those are some of the main titles with release dates. If I've missed out any (which I inevitably have), feel free to let me know and I'll add it straight in.

----------

Hello brb

Last edited:

Rebs

$$$rebel amish$$$
Ooooohh DS3 do want ;n; even tho i still need to finish the second game but still D:

I've been tossing and turning at the idea of getting Black Ops2, mostly for the zombie aspect lol but not sure if i really want it for christmas or not ;n; I've also been wanting to get some horror games for awhile that i might pick up for myself, heard Condemned 1&2 is supposed to be good?? And also considering getting a few good old ps2 games that I used to own (haunting ground, fatal frame 2 blahblah)

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Welcome to the General Game Discussion thread.

I remember the first attempt of this thread. It was so awesome that we ended up killing our old Mod, I got banned and everyone who posted got infractions, ah fun memories.

Anarchy Reigns (8th Jan NA / 11th Jan EU) PS3, Xbox 360

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (19th Feb NA / 22nd Feb EU) PS3, Xbox 360

Anyone who loves Platinum Games I strongly demand that you buy there games, especially Anarchy Reigns the game cost only £20!

DmC: Devil May Cry (15th Jan) PC, PS3, Xbox 360

I have no comment about DmC: Devil May Cry, but why buy this game when you know that Bayonetta 2 is being made, well unless you don't want to buy a Wii U.

Dead Space 3 (5th Feb Na / 8th Feb EU / 15th Feb AU) (7th Feb for PC AU Release) PC, PS3, Xbox 360

I so want to play the Dead Space series but I don't want to support EA or have to bother with their Origin bull crap.

Tomb Raider (5th Mar) PC, PS3, Xbox 360

"Me man, you woman I am gonna rape you so hard!"

Although I have never played a Tomb Raider game before. I might get this game when the price drops.

God of War: Judgement (12th, 13th, 14th, and 15th Mar for NA, EU, AU, and UK respectively) PS3

It's called God of War: Ascension, not Judgement.

And those are some of the main titles with release dates. If I've missed out any (which I inevitably have), feel free to let me know and I'll add it straight in.

I will just them add it here;

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (22 January US 2013 25 January 2013 EU and UK) PS3

Zone of the Enders: HD Collection (30 November 2012 EU and UK) Xbox 360, PS3

Tales of Xillia (TBA 2013 EU, US and UK) PS3

Being the thread bearer, I feel I should get the discussion going, so, tell me what you have on your Christmas wish list.

What you assumed that everyone has a Christmas wish list?! Sir I am offend by that I demand that you call it a holiday list.

Nah I am just kidding, seriously it's just a word, now although I don't have a "Christmas wish list" I do have a list of games to buy, which as of now has gone 6 pages in. ;_;

Batman: Arkham City

I still need to pick that game up, it's getting harder staying spoiler free.

what you want from big ol' Santa Claus this year!!

Mega Man Legend 3 but somehow I doubt that old Sandy Claws powers goes that far.

Last edited:

Mister_SGG

Oh lord, this again.

Video game wise this Christmas I plan on picking up ACIII, it looks better than Revelations at least.

Flame Mistress

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (25 January 2013 EU and UK) PS3

Speaking of Ni No Kuni, is anyone else here upset that it's only being localised for the PS3? I'm assuming that a lot of people have a PS3 anyway, but as someone who only buys Nintendo handhelds and consoles, I'm a bit iffed by the fact that the DS version isn't being localised, whatever the reason may be, especially since it looks like such a good game.

Waterpokes

Probably only going to buy Mass Effect 1 on PS3, the downloadable one. I've been wanting to play this game for a very long time.That's the last game for this year. Need to save up some money for next year. The Last of Us & Sly Cooper, and maybe Tomb Raider... my already small wallet will feel even smaller after this.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Speaking of Ni No Kuni, is anyone else here upset that it's only being localised for the PS3? I'm assuming that a lot of people have a PS3 anyway, but as someone who only buys Nintendo handhelds and consoles, I'm a bit iffed by the fact that the DS version isn't being localised, whatever the reason may be, especially since it looks like such a good game.

It was originally released for the PS3 in Japan. So why would Namco localised a 360 version as well?

Beside the game would have bombed on the 360 market, since it just filled with shooters, sports games, kinect games, WJRP and Western games.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Not really games, but a monitor, a 660 TI graphics card, and a power supply

Flame Mistress

It was originally released for the PS3 in Japan. So why would Namco localised a 360 version as well?

Beside the game would have bombed on the 360 market, since it just filled with shooters, sports games, kinect games, WJRP and Western games.

I meant the DS. It was originally released on the DS and PS3 in Japan. Don't know where you're coming from here.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
I meant the DS. It was originally released on the DS and PS3 in Japan. Don't know where you're coming from here.

My fault entirely I didn't read the quote fully and assumed that you were asking about why it isn't being released on the 360.

However Level 5 and Nintendo never intended to localize the DS version since quite simply it wouldn't be cost effective as they would have to translate the book as well.

If you want to play the game you would have to buy it on the PS3 or miss out on playing it.

Recon

Honestly, I would like Persona 4 Golden. However, I lack a Vita and I don't see many good games on the vita either. I don't want to buy a console just for one game.

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
Gears of War again? I thought that the ended it at three. Is it at least a prequel to the series?

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I just ordered MGS4 and Red Dead Redemption through Amazon, they'll be arriving on Friday. I'm gonna have a good weekend.

Shadow XD001

Gears of War again? I thought that the ended it at three. Is it at least a prequel to the series?

Yes, it's a prequel.

I plan on picking up GOW Judgement eventually, now that I think of it. One of the games that I got recently was ACIII. I'm up to Sequence 5 and it's starting to pick up a little bit. The beginning was kind of boring imo. I'm probably going to get the Mass Effect Trilogy Bundle during the holidays. Never played any, so having them all in one seems pretty cool.