• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Generation 4 team for pbr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pika36919

Hi I'm new here so I apologize if this is in the wrong area, but I do need some help, I'm creating a generation 4 team for pbr and I can't decide on who the last Pokemon should be or of I should change any of them, so here are the Pokemon:

Infernape
Empoleon
Torterra
Blissey
Yanmega
?

Now the three starters are not optional to switch because I like starter Pokemon. I don't know if I should go with an outright speedy pokemon with good attack, or if I should go with an all out attacker or special attacker that may have less speed

All advice is welcome! :)

Pika36919

Sure,
Internape I was thinking
Thunderpunch
Shadow claw
Flare blitz
Close combat

Torterra
I was debating him, something like
Seed bomb/wood hammer
Crunch
Earthquake
Stone edge/ something else

Empoleon
Protect
Aqua jet
Surf/hydro pump
Ice beam

Blissey
Flamethrower/ice beam/ something else of that idea
Aromatherapy
Softboiled
Thunder wave/toxic

Yanmega
Hypnosis
Air slash
Bug buzz
Protect

Now keep in mind I'm not an extremely competitive player so I'm completely fine if Internape doesn't know something like swords dance or something like that

Oh and I forgot to mention, no legendaries or pseudo legendaries please :)

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
Well I'll give a bit of input:

Infernape- Why does it need to know Shadow Claw? You could teach it Flamethrower

Torterra- Rock Slide would probably be better instead of Stone Edge because of all the double battles

Empoleon- Protect is a good choice. I'm not sure about Aqua Jet, but then again I'm not sure what would be better. Surf should be used over Hydro Pump so it can be good in doubles

Blissey- I'm not really sure about, it's set looks okay

Yanmega- Looks pretty good.

What hold items can you give them?

Pika36919

For Infernape, shadow claw is useful because it can kill psychics that can kill it, and I don't like flamethrower because Infernape is mostly an attacking Pokemon

Torterra, the main reason I go with stone edge is because I dont have access to rock slide

Empoleon I like aqua jet for those focus sash pokemon and to finish off Pokemon with little health left because empoleon isn't great at outspeeding things

I haven't really thought about held items yet, I'm really concerned with finding a sixth Pokemon that will be a good fit and getting all the move sets ready

Edit, my bad, Infernape has 104 for both attack and spec attack stats, but I am going to put all of my Evs into attack and speed and 4 for def or hp probably so having all attack moves is better

Last edited:

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
Well Infernape is known for being a mixed sweeper. How don't you have access to Rock Slide? It's a TM found ingame. As for a 6th Pokémon, how about an Electric type?

Pika36919

Very true, and I already used it on another Pokemon or is it a tm I can get from pbr shop?
Good idea, what about jolteon?

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
Ohhh I see, I don't know it off the top of my head sorry. Serebii.net would have the answer. Jolteon would be nice. You could try Discharge, Shadow Ball, uhhhh and you figure out the rest lol. It could be used with a team mate using Protect or Torterra

Pika36919

What about
Discharge
Thunderbolt
Shadow ball
Protect

Thunderbolt just in case i have like infernape out there or something like that

Last edited:

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
Looks good to me. I'm just trying to keep things simple lol

Pika36919

Well thanks for all the help :)
Anyone else out there? Jolteon good match for this team?
Oh and what about electivire instead of yanmega? If blissey knows thunder wave and electivire has motor drive his speed would raise, and jolteon with his discharge would also help

Last edited:

Profesco

gone gently
There's a 4th Gen Rate My Team forum for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.