• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Generation 7 RNG Discussion/Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djura

99% chance to hit
Didn't see a Gen 7 RNG thread, so I thought I might as well make one.

GENERATION 7 RNG HELP/DISCUSSION THREAD

After an absence from Generation 6, RNG manipulation is back in full force in Sun and Moon!

WHAT IS RNG MANIPULATION?

RNG manipulation or abuse is manipulating the game's pseudorandom number generator into getting the desired stats you want, as well as other desirable traits such as shininess on a Pokemon.

WHAT'S DIFFERENT THIS TIME?

Unlike Gen 6, Gen 7 has ways of verifying your seed and your starting frame. The actual RNG process is very similar to Gen 3 on cart, down to the nanosecond timing.

DOES GEN 7 RNG REQUIRE HACKING?

Yes and no, but many prefer to use a hacking program such as PKHeX to find their egg seed, and a NTR client such as PKMN-NTR to find their stationary RNG seed, as it is much faster to do so. To do this, people normally install homebrew or CFW (custom firmware) on their 3DS. Per forum rules, I cannot link you guys any guide to installing CFW or homebrew.

WHAT CAN BE RNG'D?

• Trainer ID/Secret ID
  • Eggs
  • Solgaleo/Lunala - 2 NPCs for Solgaleo, Lunala
  • Tapus - No NPCs (Tapu Fini has one NPC in the area for some reason)
  • Ultra Beasts/Necrozma - varies
  • Type: Null - 8(!) NPCs
  • Cosmog - 3 NPCs
  • Magearna - 6+ NPCs
  • Zygarde - 3 NPCs
  • Wonder Cards - coming soon

GETTING STARTED

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I have approved this thread for the sake of Gen 7 RNG discussion alone.

Please do not ask how to install homebrew/CFW on your 3DS here as we strongly discourage hacking and modding your 3DS systems.

Djura

99% chance to hit
Just RNG'd a shiny Null this morning! It's a pain to hit its frame, because there are no identical adjacent ones. I'll tell you guys how I did this:

- I was on a New 3DS. Pre-timers on 3DS models vary.
- My final pre-timer was set to 2350.
- All my search parameters were 0-31 IVs. I also had a Synchronizer with me for a guaranteed nature.
- My target frames were usually 8000-12000. My shiny frame was 7558.
- You need to find your TSV for this to work! If you can't find your TSV, then ask someone or don't bother RNGing for a shiny Null.

I started off at a high pre-timer, around the low 10,000s, and worked my way down. The way this is supposed to work is that if you miss your frame, you need to calculate how many frames off you were. Above is subtract, below is add. So, for example, if I hit 9216 and my target was 9308, I would need to divide 92 by 30. 92/30 is 3.066666666666667, rounded up, so I would put 9216 - 307 in the calculator next. I would get 8909, continue attempting to hit my frames until I get close.

Hitting your shiny frame will be down to luck as it runs on a nanosecond timer. If you don't hit your frame, you check which frame you hit, adjust if needed, and try again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.