• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Generation Pattern Theory

bichyungu

No idea if anyone else has done this. I have noticed this pattern for each Pokémon generation regarding remakes.
Gen 1: Nothing
Gen 2: Double of 1, re-introduced Kanto.
Gen 3: 1.5 times 1 = Gen 1 remakes
Gen 4: Double of 2 = Gen 2 remakes
Gen 5: Got sequel games
Gen 6: Double of 3 = Gen 3 remakes
Gen 7: Alternative storyline + Gen 1 remake third version
Gen 8: Double of 4: = Gen 4 remakes

If this continues to hold, Gen 9 will have either a sequel or an alternative story + a Gen 2 remake (Crystal)
Gen 10 will probably be the last. Instead of remaking B/W, introduced the illusive 3rd version.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
This is a joke, right? Pokemon's gonna last until it's not profitable anymore. Which might be a while since it's the largest single media franchise on the planet.
Unless something bad happens to the economy where people can't afford to even buy a game because they'll be too concerned on trying to survive with food and a place to live which I think will happen soon with the way everything in the world is going right now.

bichyungu

The pattern is when remakes are done. I would find it odd that Gen 5 being remade when it already has a sequel. If that were to be remade, would they do Black/White or Black2/White2? X/Y could be remade...to made it harder. And because Kalos was ditched as a region.

Gen 10 could be the last but it could not be. 10 is a suitable number. Gen 11/Gen 9 is too odd of a number. Maybe even Gen 12. I do not think it will stop at an odd number, unless its a multiple of 5.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Gen 10 won't be the last. I can promise you that. Now that you've pointed it out, though, I do notice the pattern with remakes being double the generation they had originally been from.

But Pokemon is the highest grossing franchise. It's not going to die in gen x.

Miraidon

Blasting off at the speed of light!
That is a cool pattern! I also agree that it won't end at Gen 10, that's very unlikely. But they will definitely do something special to commemorate their anniversary Gen, I would presume!

TwilightBlade

Unless something bad happens to the economy where people can't afford to even buy a game because they'll be too concerned on trying to survive with food and a place to live which I think will happen soon with the way everything in the world is going right now.
Platinum came out around the time that the global recession was happening and yet it still sold 7.6 million copies worldwide. So clearly the economy taking a downturn isn't gonna make people stop buying the games.