• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Generic title*

shadow_burnt

HEAD BUTT GO!
Right, I'm doing a second thread to do with the second version. I've got Black 2 and got the challenge key for it, now I want to save up for White 2 to actually use it. I've seen the gyms and E4, and they really don't look that difficult, it's only a few levels and sometimes another pokemon. I've really seen no challenge in it at all. Hell, it'd be fun doing a nuzlocke on it but sadly not today.

I'm going to breed them on Black, trade them over to Black 2, then over to White 2. All moves would have to be egg moves or tm's as I'm not levelling them up. I faintly remember having a number of items as well, but not anything over the top like a life orb. Suggest something that doesn't run out but is also beneficial to me.

620.gif

Mienshao @ fighting plate / black belt.
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Regenerator
- U-Turn
- Hi Jump Kick
- Aerial Ace
- Rock Slide

Hi Jump Kick has been chosen, and I'll have to do it. But my only real problem is that it doesn't have a lot of PP and it hurts me when I miss. Blablabla I have regenerator, I know, but I'd rather have a reliable move...

497.gif

Serperior @ Miracle Seed
Nature: Adamant just to do as much damage as possible.
Ability: Overgrow That wasn't obvious.
- Coil
- Leaf Blade
- Leech Seed
- Aqua Tail

Essentially predictable. Leech Seed was chosen over Aerial Ace because it helps me heal up. Even though I have potions...

373.gif

Salamence @ Dragon Fang
Ability: Moxie
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Fly

Earthquake has been added because I get walled by steels. Which isn't really bothering me, but EQ has been chosen so much I might as well have another one of my thousands that have it.

310.gif

Manetric @ Magnet
Nature: Modest It's fast enough, needs power
Ability: Static No need for lightning rod, rather get lucky with paralysis.
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Thunder wave / HP Ice
- Volt Switch

Hopefully I can get lucky and get a Hidden Power Ice of high power. Maybe like 60+? Anyone interested?

306.gif

Aggron @ What ever makes a steel-plated dinosaur better
Nature: Adamant Ain't no rest for the wicked. And dinosaurs.
Ability: Rock Head No recoil with head smash!
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Fire punch / Aqua Tail

This has only changed in the aspect of the last move. If I don't have to breed either of those moves, I'm alright then.

623.gif

Golurk @ ???
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Iron Fist
- Shadow Punch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch

Shadow punch is priority while also being STAB. EQ is a powerful move, and is suggested for everything on this team. Can't use it? Too bad. Ice punch and Drain punch work well together and benefit off of his ability.

Now, rate the team and pick it apart if you want. Don't recommend EVs or IVs because it's only an in-game team.

Last edited:

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Right, I'm doing a second thread to do with the second version. I've got Black 2 and got the challenge key for it, now I want to save up for White 2 to actually use it. I've seen the gyms and E4, and they really don't look that difficult, it's only a few levels and sometimes another pokemon. I've really seen no challenge in it at all. Hell, it'd be fun doing a nuzlocke on it but sadly not today.

I'm going to breed them on Black, trade them over to Black 2, then over to White 2. All moves would have to be egg moves or tm's as I'm not levelling them up. I faintly remember having a number of items as well, but not anything over the top like a life orb. Suggest something that doesn't run out but is also beneficial to me.

620.gif

Mienshao @ fighting plate / black belt.
Ability: Regenerator
- U-Turn
- Hi Jump Kick
- Swords Dance/Aerial Ace
- Rock Slide

Hi Jump Kick is superior to both Brick Break and Drain Punch, so I see no reason not to use it (Regenerator and U-Turn mitigate the potential miss).

Mienshao is a rather good one, I like it, why doesn't everyone? I'm using regenerator with U-Turn for free healing, Brick Break and Drain punch are good for healing and just a normal fighting move that does damage. Rock Slide is a coverage move and helps against a few gyms. The only thing I can think of changing is Drain Punch for something else, but the tutor moves are useless except for Dual Chop really.

497.gif

Serperior @ Miracle Seed
- Coil
- Leaf Blade
- Aerial Ace
- Aqua Tail

Serperior is my chosen starter for this one, but I've never used it and I really don't like its look. The first two are good, but this looks stupid, oh well. Coil boosts my attack and defense, and Leaf Blade is STAB with Aerial Ace and Aqua Tail are coverage and help make it a little bit less well, stupid. Aqua Tail is the best thing next to Dragon Tail, and Aqua is a move tutor move, is that before E4?

373.gif

Salamence @ Dragon Fang
- Zen Headbutt
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Fly

Meh, it works.

I want to use a Salamence, and I thought that this would be a great set. Dragon Claw is powerful and STAB, Fly is a move I NEED really while having STAB. Apparently Zen Headbutt also is powerful, and I've never used it.

310.gif

Manetric @ Magnet
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Thunder wave
- Roar

I'm really at a loss for moves. I want to have a special attacker, but the physical version has all 3 fangs and can have something else on it as well, even T-Wave. I've got no clue what to say, I like this thing, I want to use it though. Hell, can I trade this into White 2? I don't think this is in the dex.

306.gif

- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Super power

Never used it, so I don't know.

Right, this is good. I want this thing to come in and decimate everything. Head Smash is power, and everything else is as well. I can't really see any trouble with this. I'll have to use a Rampardos with head smash on Black 2 that can use the tutor for superpower.

623.gif

Golurk @ Life Orb
- Shadow Punch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch

Ice Punch is all you need. The rest don't really hit as hard as EQ and Drain Punch.

Now, this is my last one and I want to use the tutor to the max usage. This one is in Driftveil City, so it's all good. I've got possible the largest coverage I could possibly have.

Now, rate the team and pick it apart if you want. Don't recommend EVs or IVs because it's only an in-game team.
Suggestions in bold.

shadow_burnt

HEAD BUTT GO!
I'm liking the suggestions, and I'll swap out the moves tomorrow as I'll need to sign off now. But, are you sure about the Hi Jump Kick? It's a low PP move and it's more of an online one with high power. I know that it's powerful but I believe it only had 5 PP. I'd like to have a solid fighting move that has a lot of PP because I'd have to keep healing up to refill the move.

edonub

620.gif

Mienshao @ fighting plate / black belt. /Wide Lens
Nature: Jolly /Adamant
Ability: Regenerator /Reckless, but Regenerator is fine too
- U-Turn
- Brick Break /Hi-Jump Kick
- Drain Punch /Fake Out
- Rock Slide

Awesome coverage, near perfect accuracy on Hi-Jump Kick, then depending on Reckless or Regenerator, you can recover health as you U-Turn out or deal massive damage with HJK. (Even though you don't get recoil if you don't miss, it still counts as a recoil move and is thus boosted by Reckless). Fake Out + U-turn is awesome if you can't deal with a threat yourself, having two fighting moves is very redundant. Adamant over Jolly because Mienshao is considered very fast ingame.

Mienshao is a rather good one, I like it, why doesn't everyone? I'm using regenerator with U-Turn for free healing, Brick Break and Drain punch are good for healing and just a normal fighting move that does damage. Rock Slide is a coverage move and helps against a few gyms. The only thing I can think of changing is Drain Punch for something else, but the tutor moves are useless except for Dual Chop really.

497.gif

Serperior @ Miracle Seed
- Coil
- Leaf Blade
- Aerial Ace /Leech Seed. Helps you set up more with Coil, Aerial Ace is pretty weak and it would only really cover for other Grass types. If you don't like Leech Seed stick with this.
- Aqua Tail

Serperior is my chosen starter for this one, but I've never used it and I really don't like its look. The first two are good, but this looks stupid, oh well. Coil boosts my attack and defense, and Leaf Blade is STAB with Aerial Ace and Aqua Tail are coverage and help make it a little bit less well, stupid. Aqua Tail is the best thing next to Dragon Tail, and Aqua is a move tutor move, is that before E4?

I agree that it looks stupid compared to the first two. It's actually a pretty decent poke if you don't focus on offense and coverage (both suck) but rather on support moves. I like it more with Giga Drain, Leech Seed, and some coverage like Dragon Pulse or Hidden Power if decent (or Toxic, or Protect, whatever), but physical with Coil is nice enough.

373.gif

Salamence @ Dragon Fang
- Zen Headbutt /Earthquake, Fire Blast
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Fly

I want to use a Salamence, and I thought that this would be a great set. Dragon Claw is powerful and STAB, Fly is a move I NEED really while having STAB. Apparently Zen Headbutt also is powerful, and I've never used it.

Zen Headbutt means you're walled by steel types. Go with EQ or Fire Blast, heck even Brick Break does the job. Psychic as coverage is never a good idea, not to mention Zen Headbutt is not very powerful or accurate.

310.gif

Manetric @ Magnet
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Thunder wave Hidden Power Ice or Grass, if you're lucky to get one. Else, T-Wave is good enough
- Roar /Volt Switch? T-Wave + Roar makes no sense especially ingame, paralyzing something and still being outspeed because of Roar's negative priority sucks.

I'm really at a loss for moves. I want to have a special attacker, but the physical version has all 3 fangs and can have something else on it as well, even T-Wave. I've got no clue what to say, I like this thing, I want to use it though. Hell, can I trade this into White 2? I don't think this is in the dex.

306.gif

- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide /Heavy Slam. STAB, hits hard for obvious reasons.
- Super power Redundant with Earthquake, lowers your stats. Go with Aqua Tail, or Fire Punch, or anything really.

Right, this is good. I want this thing to come in and decimate everything. Head Smash is power, and everything else is as well. I can't really see any trouble with this. I'll have to use a Rampardos with head smash on Black 2 that can use the tutor for superpower.

623.gif

Golurk @ ???
- Shadow Punch
- Fire Punch Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch /Drain Punch

Now, this is my last one and I want to use the tutor to the max usage. This one is in Driftveil City, so it's all good. I've got possible the largest coverage I could possibly have.

My alternatives give you wider coverage, a very much needed STAB Earthquake and some recovery.

Good job on using Mienshao, would be one every gen V team of mine if it didn't evolve so late. suggestions in bold

stoutshako

Pokwmon Detective
serperior doesn't convince me , the salamance is great but still you need a GlassCannon