• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Genesect and Primesect

Yan

Berry Master
Genesect and Primesect (smaller version) PNG FILE.jpg
http://ryancthompson.deviantart.com/#/d5haodh

With the release of the generation V sequels, and the distribution of another event exclusive legendary, I thought I`d depict my version of what I think this pokemon`s original form would have looked like. Genesect draws parallels to Mewtwo, as a scientifically enhanced improvement on the species it came from, so I based this concept pokemon on Mew; and since Genesect is based on a prehistoric cockaroach (supposedly), I also drew inspiration from some blattoptera and ancient mantids as well.

I designed it to look cute like Mew, while giving it features that could make it dangerous as well: large grasping foreclaws and energy charged wings. I also thought that it should look like something that Team Galaxy would take one look at and say, "It's nice... but we definitely need to improve on that."

I think it only stands to reason that there would be an original pokemon that Genesect is created from, and I guess we'll find out in the next generation whether that's true, and if so what it looks like; but until then, this is what I think it might look like. I'm curious to see what others think/come up with.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
As a Genesect fan, I must say I love your fanart.

Although I guess Genesect's original form were not that cute...