• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Genesect [Discussion]

Ilan

Genesect is imminent ~ Being officially released starting August 11th! Finally the days are upon us when Genesect will be allowed to roam the standard OU metagame. Will it wreak havok, or be such a let down it goes NU? Any more thoughts on Genesect's position in the standard OU metagame soon to come?

NU??? never
UU at worst, I don't think it will be used that much he is a fine revenge killer and strong attacker with good typing but I think it will be used when people would want a special scizor.

Eaglehawk

Banned
Naw. UU isn't really where it belongs. Genesect really has two and a half things that make it a stay-put in OU:
1) A movepool that is ridiculously diverse. Between Bug Buzz, Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Giga Drain, Flash Cannon, Energy Ball, Thunder Wave, and Rock Polish, he has a humongous advantage in coverage that can really make opponents think twice about switching in a check to it.
2) Download. Literally, this makes it a ridiculously good Wallbreaker. By switching it in to Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Forretress, Gliscor, etc. It gains an auto- 1.5x boost.
3) Its typing can afford it an easy time to switch in and begin to hit things with its massive coverage.

^Pretty much that.

It really doesn't make sense to theorymon about where Genesect will end up when we have seen how it has functioned in the Dream World OU environment before. Last I checked, it was around #3 in the DW OU usage stats, so by the look of it, it'll be a very solid OU when it's finally released. There's no way that it's going to drop to NU; heck, it would take an act of God for this thing to drop to UU. It has great typing, decent bulk, Download for an instant power boost, and fantastic special coverage. The only real downsides are its small physical movepool (all it really needs is U-turn, though) and its trollish base 99 speed stat. It'll probably be a very solid member of VoltTurn teams, especially with the popular and effective Scarf set.

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
^Pretty much that.

It really doesn't make sense to theorymon about where Genesect will end up when we have seen how it has functioned in the Dream World OU environment before. Last I checked, it was around #3 in the DW OU usage stats, so by the look of it, it'll be a very solid OU when it's finally released. There's no way that it's going to drop to NU; heck, it would take an act of God for this thing to drop to UU. It has great typing, decent bulk, Download for an instant power boost, and fantastic special coverage. The only real downsides are its small physical movepool (all it really needs is U-turn, though) and its trollish base 99 speed stat. It'll probably be a very solid member of VoltTurn teams, especially with the popular and effective Scarf set.

Yes, I know talking of it going in other tiers was just a joke, I had no actual belief it would land below OU :p

I am looking forward as well to create a VoltTurn core using it. Download honestly is a crazy good ability for it to have, with its great stats for being a Mix attacker and the fact that it STAB's U-turn. A Special choice scarf set w/ U turn / Ice Beam / Thunderbolt / [ Flamethrower, Bug Buzz, other filler ] is going to be great to use. I really wish I had gotten into DW so that I could have used it earlier but I just never really did.