• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Genesect EX/Virizion EX/Lugia EX

Mokey Duelist

4 Virizion EX
3 Genesect EX
1 Keldeo EX
1 Virizion NVI
1 Lugia EX

4 Professor Juniper
3 N
4 Skyla
3 Shadow Triad
1 Bianca
4 Colress Machine
2 Team Plasma Badge
2 Ultra Ball
1 Team Plasma Ball
1 G Booster
1 Virbank City Gym
4 Hypnotoxic Laser
4 Pokemon Catcher
2 Float Stone

4 Plasma Energy
10 Grass Energy

Swagsire

*sigh*, Lugia. It isn't worth it here. Plasma energy gets spread way too thin with it AND genesect. Im supposing your solution to that is shadow triad, which I personally believe you have too many of. I mean, it isn't BAD. It's just not good. Youll see a drop in consistency from Lugia forsure. Id either swap or even out your shadow triad and Bianca numbers personally.

You don't need four colress machine because the moment you attach even one plasma energy you now have 1 useless card in your deck that is good for discarding and that's it.

Otherwise it seems relatively well built. Good luck and have fun! Qwaa ;195;

Skater Trainer

Like a Boss
Lugia isn't worth it in Genosect decks. Also not a big fan of plasma badge but turn 1 virizion ex is worth it to get off genosect.

-1 Lugia
-1 Virbank
-4 Laser
-1 Bianca
-1 Team Plasma Ball

+1 Virizion NVI
+1 N
+2 Ultra Ball
+1 Super Rod
+1 Float stone
+1 Switch
+1 Max Potion/Tool Scrapper

Virbank-Laser isn't needed since all your damage ideally will come from g-booster which will knock out everything in the game with no problem. Lugia isn't worth it all, just knock out EXs, you have catcher and genosect's ability, just bring up any EX and go for the kill so another virizon is added for consistency and it helps out with Suicune+Sigilyph which is probably going to be a meta-ish deck, also helps donking squirtles with plasma badge and colress machine. Plasma ball only searches Genosect now, ultra ball is superior and I added super rod for recovery, just incase you have to discard too many grass energies too soon. I added another float stone to make sure you get the keldeo + float stone off, it can also help get stuff out of the active. Switch is there just in case of odd scenarios like Snorlax or if they catcher and get your keldeo to sleep, try to hold it for when you need it. The last slot is choice, tool scrapper is probably going to see a lot of play because of G-Booster, Silver Bangle and the like coming out next set, but max potion is cool if they are just short of KOing a Genosect, since you're discarding energy anyways, you can max potion just to make that genosect last longer. Another option is drifblim which is for plasma, since it gives up one prize and attacks for 0 in the plasma match up, probably the most common match up you're going to see. With virizon blocking laser drifblim is cool for a quick 70 damage, try out a 1-1 line for that match up if it tickles your fancy. I'd also try to squeeze in 2 colress, maybe -1 Triad -1 N, but 4 N is the best for consistency, colress is only ideal late-midgame to late game.

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
+2 Bianca/colress/cheren, You're going to need more the 4 N and 4 juniper, there is even a point in which both shadow triad and skyla run they're, colress is only good, when you and you're opponent have a decent bench, and that doesn't necessary mean late game, >.>

You don't need 4 htl, you need 2 for stalling (yup), no virbank, let them play that, saves a space in you're deck for something that's going to help you, more importantly you don't need 4 HTL because you deal 200 dmg straight up.

Last edited:

Mokey Duelist

4 Virizion EX
3 Genesect EX
1 Keldeo EX
1 Virizion
1 Lugia EX

4 Professor Juniper
3 N
4 Skyla
3 Shadow Triad
1 Bianca
4 Colress Machine
2 Team Plasma Badge
3 Ultra Ball
1 G Booster
3 Hypnotoxic Laser
3 Pokemon Catcher
2 Float Stone
2 Switch
1 Tool Scrapper

4 Plasma Energy
10 Grass Energy

revised build

thanks for contributions. I like lugia as a card, lugia can be achieved turn 2 if lucky with colress machine and virizion also emerald slash + plasma gale will KO every single pokemon in the game. Lugia is also good in the event that G Booster is prized which allows me to see G Booster faster. Shadow triad is also needed for the times when G Booster gets tool scrapped or genesect gets knocked out. I dont think 4 N is as optimal in this deck due to the tendency to create an early prize lead. I think that 2 float stone and 2 switch is a better ratio than 3-1 as switch helps get passed quad snorlax and also virizion ex and genesect ex cant effectively use float stone as they have their own tools to hold.

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
8 draw supporters isn't enough, playing 4 N isn't that bad considering you play 3 ultra ball, so even if you get n late game using juniper or ultra ball make it less of a use, sometime scrapping parts of you're engine in a game isn't going to kill you, as having less cards you're less likely to use against a certain opponent in you're deck to draw more viable cards that you need more often (juniper/colress for instance). Having 9-10 draw supporters is best as it allows you to move more freely, sure skyla and shadow triad help with the engine early to late game, but in all truth you need 4 cards to start the turn 1 and 1 card isn't good enough most times. You're not going to have the same matchup everytime and you're not going to draw the exact same hands every turn, its just better to increase the playability by drawing more.

Just try it out, going through you're deck as fast as possible per game instead of going for 1 card, playing 7-8 sklya/shadow triad is such a waste in this deck.

Last edited: