• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Genesect & The Legend Awakened (M16)

HoennMaster

Let this serve as a lesson for aspiring storytellers to respect long-time fans, and they'll respect you...as well as knowing who you're appealing to (they brought back Mewtwo! YAY! ...wait, it's a new one? BOO!). Continue to only cater to kids instead of the kid inside oneself, and you're on a path to failure and ridicule.

Bending over backwards for falsely entitled fans is just as bad.

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
This movie will most likely have scene cut for time by Cartoon Network in America. Meanwhile CITV showed the proper full version in the UK.

DerekminyA

Pokemaniac
Bending over backwards for falsely entitled fans is just as bad.

...Like I said, I don't care about myself- I care about my fellow fans instead. And I do think balance between old and new viewers is important.

And the point I was trying to make with my quip was to not forget about longtime fans (since, regardless of who's watching, bigger viewer numbers= cha-CHING), as well as a reminder of the irony where, when one audience is appealed to, more viewers are likely to come in, whereas when multiple contrasting audiences are appealed to, less viewers are likely to come in.

Last edited:

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Yeah, they're showing the movie in a 90 minute slot on the schedule. I'm not sure how long the movie is suppose to be at it's fullest.

Gonna add my current notes not since I don't plan on writing too much after wards.

Notes during the movie:

Opening intro to the movie. Always a treat… but its just the logo. Huh.
Mewtwo! Good to see you pal!
Mewtwo has a… female voice? Yup. Totally not the same Mewtwo. But I knew that already.
Genesect sounds terrifying. O_O
Mewtwo with the birds.
Is Mewtwo’s voice female? Or male? I can’t tell. For a moment it did sound male. It’s one of those things agan in TV voice overs.
Mega Mewtwo Y! I guess it’s Y form makes it look more feminine. That’s what I’m going with.
It looks like we aren’t getting the Mewtwo Prologue. No surprise.
The Genesect sound pretty menacing when not talking.
Aww poor Water Dose Genesect. :(
Seems to me that the regular Genesect aren’t very hostile.
Mewtwo Y to the rescue~
The CGI for Genesect looks stunning.
Mewtwo lab scene in a flashback :O … still not the same Mewtwo? Or just another lab of people make another Mewtwo?
Team Plasma cameo, yess!
So sad, poor Geneset  His home…
Red Geneset is maaaaad
Sight of New Tork City? Oh dang.
---commercial break----
Oh, there’s the opening sequence
There’s our heroes!
Iris, youre not flying. Youre hanging by a tree.
Relaxation Time!! Oh Cilan.
Professor Oak gets a mention in the movie. Huh.
We know who you guys are. Lol
Chansey! :D
I suppose this is an island in the Decolora Islands.
The Black & White family!
The theme song! Full length!
Haha Charizard and Dragonite bump their heads. Bros.
Aww Crustle is a star to the Dwebble. He deserves it.
Cuteness overload, gosh. Lol
Ash catch that Sableye
Feraligatr!!
Ash how did you not see that Genesect on your way over there at the lake.
Ash… is surfing on a Geneset. I guess that’s what Surf looks like in the anime.
Poor Sableye. Left out on the fun.
-----commercial break----
I think this Genesect must have a Lonely nature.
Oh Ash… don’t make Iris’ comments accurate.
Uh oh… Genesect appear.
How dare you attack Pikachu!
So Genesect are pretty much portraying Mewtwo from the first movie. Hatred for humans.
Mewtwo Y appears!
Ash’s slightly recognizing Mewtwo…
Wow Mewtwo… way to show no interestin helping humans. “Just the Pokemon”
Oh hey Team Rocket, where did y’all come from…
These Chansey puns are getting old.
Yup that’s the sight of New York… I mean New Tork. City. Sigh.

Kinger556

If the just used the Real Mewtwo, it would have catered to the Older Fanbase while still making the Newer one happy. It'd be a Win-Win.... But instead they decide to only make Eps/Movies for 10 year olds and refuse to grow up with their audience

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
I haven't seen anyone complaining about the Shiny Beasts who appeared in the Zoroark movie and yet, according to the legend of Ecruteak City, Ho-oh brought life to a trio of Pokemon who perished in the Burned Tower (former Brass Tower). So what happened? Other Pokemon, which were coincidentally in trios and died in multiple burning towers, where brought back by Ho-oh as the same species of the first resurrected? Why didn't them become of other types, like Grass or Psychic?

There are a lot of things that don't make logically sense in Pokemon. Another Mewtwo is one of those things.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Mewtwo.... Did not....have....a....female...voice!!!!!! Ohhhh you'll be hearing from me game freak on my facebook! On my twitter! On my miiverse! And of course on this forum!!!!

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
I haven't seen anyone complaining about the Shiny Beasts who appeared in the Zoroark movie and yet, according to the legend of Ecruteak City, Ho-oh brought life to a trio of Pokemon who perished in the Burned Tower (former Brass Tower). So what happened? Other Pokemon, which were coincidentally in trios and died in multiple burning towers, where brought back by Ho-oh as the same species of the first resurrected? Why didn't them become of other types, like Grass or Psychic?

There are a lot of things that don't make logically sense in Pokemon. Another Mewtwo is one of those things.
Now, here is the part where your argument of "there's more than one of *legend here*, another Mewtwo makes PERFECT sense!" falls apart:

Mewtwo is not a natural creature. He's a one off. A select group of humans made him. All knowledge of Mewtwo that can be used to recreate Mewtwo is gone. Destroyed. Wiped out. Ceased to exist.

And yet Team Generic apparantly make another anyway. Why? No explanation given. A gaping plot hole.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
They had to use a new mewtwo, or the whole "I hate humans, they treat pokemon terribly" thing wouldn't make sense since old mewtwo had the revelation it was wrong a long time ago.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
If they still made Mewtwo the original one, they could have easily changed the movie to make him an ally to Ash and the gang.

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
They had to use a new mewtwo, or the whole "I hate humans, they treat pokemon terribly" thing wouldn't make sense since old mewtwo had the revelation it was wrong a long time ago.
...so then why would they bother with that plot point to begin with?

Also that seems like lazy writing: we can't do anything new with Character A, let's just replace him with another Character A and reuse the old Character A's story.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Ugh, I missed the start of this. I'm now stuck right in the middle/the end of it and i have no idea what's going on.

Oh well. It looks sweet though, despite the plot holes. (I can understand the being upset, but I'm not too bothered by it.)

....I forgot how much I loved oshawott's english voice. /offtopic.

EDIT: *watches them get surronded by fire* ohhhh, 4x weak to fire.

These poor genoscet.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Did... Mewtwo show symbolize execution to Genesect by taking it beyond the layers of the Earth? I can see it's stubborness is not breaking through. Worse than Mewtwo's before Ash showed sacrifice from the first movie. This Genesect here is just not going to understand.

Oh nevermind. Mewtwo was just trying to show the Earth is their home. That's better. I guess.

Last edited:

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Maybe it is just me, but sarah's VA for ash sounds better than it ever has here. Also, I'm liking getting to see all of the random other pokemon help out.

It was funny seeing cilan with ralts and roserade though, because the whole saga people speculated gim catching both.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Maybe it is just me, but sarah's VA for ash sounds better than it ever has here. Also, I'm liking getting to see all of the random other pokemon help out.

She's had years of practice, she's pretty much perfected it. XD

Not gonna lie, she's much easier on the ears now.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Sarah has done Ash for well over 8 years now, and I can't agree more. It's just what I'm use to now. Veronica will live on, but Sarah stabilizes Ash's profile.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Well if it's any consolation for this movie, out of the 30-40 minutes i watched, I felt like our main character's pokemon did a lot more then usual in movies.

OH HEY IT'S PHYSIC CONTROLLED WATER. MOVIE 9 FAVORITISM ACTIVATED.

ZeoViolet

Mewtwo.... Did not....have....a....female...voice!!!!!! Ohhhh you'll be hearing from me game freak on my facebook! On my twitter! On my miiverse! And of course on this forum!!!!

Different individual. Different Mewtwo. Not the same one. As female as a genderless species can be.

Okay, can someone finally be able to tell me...who's her english voice? Who dubbed her? I don't get CN, so I'll have to find this elsewhere for now.

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
I think it's Bella Hudson. It reminds me of Blaze.

ZeoViolet

I do hope that someone posts a clip on youtube or wherever so I can hear her voice. I want to hear how they did. I was wanting so much that they not butcher her voice. I fell in love with how it all sounded in the Japanese version.