• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Genesect & The Legend Awakened (M16)

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
Cast from the credit roll:

Ikue Ohtani
Sarah Natochenny
Eileen Stevens
Jason Griffith
Miriam Pultro [Mewtwo]
Scottie Ray [Eric or Red Genesect?]
Samia Mounts [Douse Genesect?]
Jake Paque [One of the other Genesect?]
Rodger Parsons
Carter Cathcart
Eli James
Michele Knotz
Lisa Ortiz
Bill Rogers
Kazie Rogers [this is Kayzie Rogers, obvious error in the credits]
Yuko Minaguchi
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Erica Schroeder
Billy Thompson [Could this be one of Marc Thompson's sons? The boy with the Eevee actually sounded like a kid...]
Marc Thompson
Henry Wayland
Tom Wayland
> Andrea Libman is not on there

Well whoever voiced Fluttersect did a damn good impression of Fluttershy :U

There's a quote by him in someone's signature and it shows how flippantly he treated the Mewtwo thing; it's almost as if he didn't care about previously established events.
Apparantly that thing in my sig is a mistranslation, and he instead said "Yes, you should think of this as a second Mewtwo"... whch honestly just raises further questions. I mean what, now he's saying it IS the original Mewtwo, just that we should consider it a second? If that's what he meant, then why didn't he just stick to Mewtwo's character as it was by the end of Mewtwo Returns?

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
The more I think about it, I'm becoming certain that based on the order of credit, Scottie Ray was Red Genesect and Jake Paque was Eric. One thing that's not in doubt is that Samia Mounts was Douse Genesect.

In a hilarious act of irony, if Scottie Ray played the Red Genesect... he was Cullen in Mewtwo Returns all those years ago, and now he played Mewtwo's direct antagonist.

Haunter ゴースト

I watched this 3 days ago when it first aired in the UK, late post but to put things short i really enjoyed it. The dub did a great job and i'm pleased they had Ash say "Hold on your...".

Regardless of that small phrase, it's still unacceptable that this was the only line to reference any knowledge of a previous Mewtwo and i am still extremely disappointed by that fact. Like i've said already, the only way i'll accept this happening is if both Old Mewtwo and New Mewtwo meet in XY where they showcase their Mega Mewtwo X and Y respectively.

-

Anyway, onto the movie. It was a brilliant pace, and the movie had an epic feeling too it which previous movies have lacked for me. It had more emotion than usual with Genesect jumping to save Ash, i liked that scene. The battle overall was pretty bad, Mewtwo never actually had any badass fight moment, instead it was always just shielding everybody and itself from Red Genesect's attacks which sucks. The final scene travelling to space was really cool and the part where they fell down and everybody had to save them was great.

The opening and ending theme songs were good, Charizard and Dragonite hitting their heads was funny, Crustle being glorified by the Dwebble was cool, Sableye was a nice addition and the scene with Ash flying on Genesect was really nice with the music playing.

8/10.

The best Best Wishes Movie.

One of the only good things about the Best Wishes saga.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
Cast from the credit roll:

Ikue Ohtani
Sarah Natochenny
Eileen Stevens
Jason Griffith
Miriam Pultro [Mewtwo]
Scottie Ray [Eric or Red Genesect?]
Samia Mounts [Douse Genesect?]
Jake Paque [One of the other Genesect?]
Rodger Parsons
Carter Cathcart
Eli James
Michele Knotz
Lisa Ortiz
Bill Rogers
Kazie Rogers [this is Kayzie Rogers, obvious error in the credits]
Yuko Minaguchi
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Erica Schroeder
Billy Thompson [Could this be one of Marc Thompson's sons? The boy with the Eevee actually sounded like a kid...]
Marc Thompson
Henry Wayland
Tom Wayland

The list is alphabetical order after Rodger Parsons, so everyone from Ohtani to Parsons is a starring role and not secondary.

I'm betting Scottie Ray is Red Genesect, Samia Mounts is Drive Genesect, Jake Paque is all the other Genesects, and Rodger Parsons is Eric.

PokeHero96

Hello can I join please ??

I watched the movie, and it's REALLY good! Love the action and everything, but the thing that is really bugging me, is that half of the clips that were in the trailer are not in the movie, I'm not going to list all the clips that were cut out, but one was when Ash turns around and Genesect is coming towards him, when it fly's past, the wind pushes Ash back (sorry if I didn't explain that very well, rubbish at explaining stuff haha) but did they cut them clips out or something ??

Last edited:

I watched the movie, and it's REALLY good! Love the action and everything, but the thing that is really bugging me, is that half of the clips that were in the trailer are not in the movie, I'm not going to list all the clips that were cut out, but one was when Ash turns around and Genesect is coming towards him, when it fly's past, the wind pushes Ash back (sorry if I didn't explain that very well, rubbish at explaining stuff haha) but did they cut them clips out or something ??

Trailers usually has scenes that were chnaged in the final product.

ZeoViolet

Nearly every single shot in those trailers was not in the final version of the film. That is usually how it is with anime movies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I watched the movie again just to hear the soundtrack; I think this movie has better music than the previous Pokemon movies with the exception of Movie 8 tbh. The animation and the audio were amazing; why couldn't the plot be coherent as well? It just sucks that the most important part of the movie was so disastrous. And I really do wonder why some consider this to be the best BW movie; I thought Movie 15 had a better plot and over all it seemed more consistent so I prefer that movie over this one.

ZeoViolet

I loved the music "Smile"...I went and looked for the music video after hearing it....and when I heard "We're Coming Home" in its place in the English version, I just sat and listened again and again. It is completely mesmerizing.

NPT

Just a member
Ugh, I didn't really like this movie. Yeah, Mewtwo was featured in the movie.... but instead of having the Mewtwo from the first movie, the writers introduced a totally different Mewtwo. Aside from Ash's line "Hold on, you're...", there was no reference to the Mewtwo from the first movie. Why did the writers even think of introducing a different Mewtwo is beyond me. Like the previous movie, Ash didn't do much action-y stuff in this movie. The scientists even managed to make this Newtwo Mewtwo look exactly like the other (original)Mewtwo. Did the scientists know what the original Mewtwo looked liked?
Then there's this anti-climactic ending near the end. Mewtwo takes the Red Genesect to the space, then they observes the sun rising over the earth while taking about friendship. Mewtwo telling Genesct "We have purposes, we are friends" while looking at the planet from space was cliché as heck. It's odd how the edgy Red Gensect suddenly turned good after that scene. He didn't even get punished for being such a jerk. To me, It seemed like
this movie is trying to teach a moral value... but it didn't go well and the movie ended up sucking.

The only things I liked about this movie were the animation, BGM, opening song and ending song. The movie was very well-animated and the action scenes looked great! The original background music was excellent, I'm glad the all of it was kept in the dub.

The full version of "It's Always You & Me" and the ending song "We're Coming Home" were great! TPCI did a really good job with the songs in this one.

Last edited:

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
The list is alphabetical order after Rodger Parsons, so everyone from Ohtani to Parsons is a starring role and not secondary.

I'm betting Scottie Ray is Red Genesect, Samia Mounts is Drive Genesect, Jake Paque is all the other Genesects, and Rodger Parsons is Eric.

You're right on Red and Douse, but Jake Paque has to be Eric, now that I look at it more. He can't be all the other Genesect because the Chill Drive Genesect still had a female voice in the dub. Rodger Parsons is just the narrator. The other Genesect also have so few lines that they wouldn't be major credits.

If I had to guess, I would guess Yuko Minaguchi was Chill Drive Genesect, because that voice sounded completely unlike any of these other actors who have played often on the show. Billy Thompson is probably Marc Thompson's son and voiced Tanner, the brother in the family with the Eevee.

MattySadler

Ok I watched this one and have to say I really didn't like it.

I can handle there being another Mewtwo. The original one was so powerful, other scientists would clearly try to replicate it or better it, similar to real life. So I don't mind there being a new female Mewtwo.

But jeez the voice of that one Genesect made my skin crawl, it was like hearing Ash say "trip" all over again.

Ok I watched this one and have to say I really didn't like it.

I can handle there being another Mewtwo. The original one was so powerful, other scientists would clearly try to replicate it or better it, similar to real life. So I don't mind there being a new female Mewtwo.

But jeez the voice of that one Genesect made my skin crawl, it was like hearing Ash say "trip" all over again.

The Original Mewtwo left a much bigger impact on me than this one did. This film...was better than 15, but...still disappointed me overall.

My thoughts on the dub:

- Miriam Pultro's Mewtwo made my skin crawl as well. They could've picked a much better female VA than that for this Mewtwo in the dub.

- I really liked the Red Genesect's voice by Scottie Ray: he was GREAT. However, the Blue Genesect's voice was awful. Sent chills down my spine.

- Eric's voice was good, as was the Narrator's.

- Ash, Jessie, and James' voices were all...okay/tolerable, but still pale in comparison to their 4Kids English VAs.

- Meowth's voice...I don't know what to say. Still really, really bad in so many ways.

Last edited:

MattySadler

In between which episodes would this movie have taken place?

andyrhk

This movie was an absolute joke. As an older fan it felt like a slap in the face by the producers. All this has done is create questions and dilute the impact of M1. Ash's reaction (or lack of it ) to mewtwo's appearance is totally incomprehensible, so much for I'll always remember you. Even if I had no knowledge of a previous mewtwo, this movie on it's own had no plot, no backstory, a shocking script and felt as if it's target audience was a bunch of 5 year olds. I think the anime in general is far below the heights it reached in the early seasons but this travesty is an all time low.

MattySadler

This movie was an absolute joke. As an older fan it felt like a slap in the face by the producers. All this has done is create questions and dilute the impact of M1. Ash's reaction (or lack of it ) to mewtwo's appearance is totally incomprehensible, so much for I'll always remember you. Even if I had no knowledge of a previous mewtwo, this movie on it's own had no plot, no backstory, a shocking script and felt as if it's target audience was a bunch of 5 year olds. I think the anime in general is far below the heights it reached in the early seasons but this travesty is an all time low.

Now you mention it, thinking back I can't for the life of me recall the story. Wow that is bad!