• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gengar Does Its Best! The Road to Gigantamax!! (1181)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1181.jpg

Gengar Does Its Best! The Road to Gigantamax!!

Ash and Goh have gone to visit Allister in Stow-on-Side as Ash wants to teach Gengar how to Gigantamax. Allister tells them that Gengar will need to eat Max Soup in order to do it and that they need to go to a nearby forest to collect the Max Mushrooms for it. However, the forest is filled with Ghost-type Pokémon. Will Ash and Gengar be able to get the Max Mushrooms without issue?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

nuzamaki90

Man this episode was so good. I really loved the way they handled the Major and Minor League Gyms, with Allister basically owning a run down shack in the out skirts of town. Ash and Gengar are so much fun together, I didn’t care much for it when it was first captured but now I really do love their bond. Goh just chucking the Pokeball smack dab at Galarian Corsola was hilarious, and Ash and Dreepy was an absolute tease.

Also, since I played Sword I never really got to experience Allister and his character but I really love his portrayal in the anime. The kid is really unintentionally funny and silly with his Ghost-like personality. I definitely didn’t expect a face reveal, nor did I expect to see Bea in her school uniform! The episode was just entertaining all around.

But no matter what the star of the show was definitely Gengar and his Gigantamax transformation was super rad. Looking forward to it being used in an upcoming PWC battle.

Episode absolutely blew my expectations out of the water. And the animation was just ooouee chef’s kiss. What a great way to end the year.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Jobber-Man, Jobber-Man
Does whatever a jobber can
Joins a fight, loses outright
Catches Ls, just like flies
Lookout
Here comes the Jobber-Man
Lowkey impressed by this lol
Man this episode was so good. I really loved the way they handled the Major and Minor League Gyms, with Allister basically owning a run down shack in the out skirts of town. Ash and Gengar are so much fun together, I didn’t care much for it when it was first captured but now I really do love their bond. Goh just chucking the Pokeball smack dab at Galarian Corsola was hilarious, and Ash and Dreepy was an absolute tease.

Also, since I played Sword I never really got to experience Allister and his character but I really love his portrayal in the anime. The kid is really unintentionally funny and silly with his Ghost-like personality. I definitely didn’t expect a face reveal, nor did I expect to see Bea in her school uniform! The episode was just entertaining all around.

But no matter what the star of the show was definitely Gengar and his Gigantamax transformation was super rad. Looking forward to it being used in an upcoming PWC battle.

Episode absolutely blew my expectations out of the water. And the animation was just ooouee chef’s kiss. What a great way to end the year.
Damn, this makes me excited since I wasn't able to watch it live and now think it'll be better to wait for subs. The way you described is exactly how I wanted it to go so I'm glad it seems like this episode would be satisfying in that aspect. Really hope the next PWC battle is Gengar and they don't for some reason exclude it's gimmick in the battles coming forward

PAndrews

Looks like its a good thing trainers don't get stuck with the bill after wrecking gyms because based on this episode it would appear that everytime Gengar gigantamaxes he doesn't just appear out of the floor but forms in the sky and outright crashes into it and destroys it while burying its lower half :D

Great to see Gengar get some focus, now hopefully a major battle win next
Shame Ash didn't catch the Dreepy & Drakloak since he did seem to bond with them nicely, though I guess the writers just don't want Ash to have that line since its evolutions basically consist of multiple Pokemon in one which they tend to avoid

Last edited:

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Also, since I played Sword I never really got to experience Allister and his character but I really love his portrayal in the anime. The kid is really unintentionally funny and silly with his Ghost-like personality. I definitely didn’t expect a face reveal,
Can you send me a screenshot of Ali’s face reveal? I won’t be able to watch the episode until tomorrow. :(

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Can we just get rid of grookey already? This little shite continues to cause nothing but problems without getting any repercussions. Can we get truck-kun to ‘isekai’ this little turd?

Aside from that the episode was pretty good actually. Though it actually just makes me wish gengar did stay with allister. I liked their interaction way more than the barely existing interaction it has with ash after all this time. Honestly felt more heartfelt.

nuzamaki90

I mean with how Satoshi bonded with it.
It was another tease like with Rookidee. I thought Goh would have at least caught it to bring it along with them but nope. I don’t even like the Dreepy line personally but seeing them interact with Ash was cute af

Can you send me a screenshot of Ali’s face reveal? I won’t be able to watch the episode until tomorrow.
Serebii usually posts pictures of the episodes on the main website, I’m sure one of them should have Allister’s face.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
I thought Gmax Gengar phases through the floor. XD

The "duo" Dreepy and Rookidee, teased with Ash in the same way, instead he got Gengar and Dragonite. I wonder if either will be caught later.

They could have just grabbed the mushroom from the other side or used psychic.

A missed Trevenant opportunity and Drakloak would have been a nice first pseudo for Goh.

Casual Bea was nice to see, rematch unlikely.

Allister-Gengar moment was nice.

diakyu

Excited that G-max Gengar didn't get much action. here because it means he'll likely star next time he fights in a PWC battle.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
So what was the reason the kids were heading to Stow-on-Side?

Bea wearing her (unnamed) school clothes. Took the anime a long time to get those in.
Man this episode was so good. I really loved the way they handled the Major and Minor League Gyms, with Allister basically owning a run down shack in the out skirts of town.
Too bad it has no point given the PWC format. Like, why even mention it.