• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gengar or Dusclops

Flake

Lord of the Odd
I've been looking at a few movesets for a powerful ghost type like Gengar;094; and Dusclops;356;. I cant really decide which to go for yet. Im gonna stuff him full of vitamins and take him to be boosted with the exp share vs the Elite 4.

I only have Leaf Green and Sapphire at the moment. D/P hasnt been released in the UK :( I know Dusclops gets a new evolution stage in D/P so I want to get a Duskull ready to transfer across anyway. If I do, what lvl should I get him to before the evolution?

I want to use one of them as a high damage dealer (sweeper / special sweeper) for online battling when I get D/P I'll mostly be battling my friends tho.

Anyway, I've seen quite a few movesets with Substitute or Toxic but, I've already used those TMs :(

I dont wanna give it a Hidden Power because It'll take far too long to get the IV's right.

Ideally I want to use skills they can learn by lvl or egg moves (or TM's you can buy) but I dont mind using just one TM per poke.

Please can anyone suggest a few movesets for these 2 (or any other ghost type) including which nature works best with the moveset.

Thanks

Scepgatr

It seems that you want 4th gen movesets, so that you may prepare for it as much as possible in the 3rd gen. If so, you should have posted this in the 4th gen competitive 'rate my team' forums.

Anyway, stuffing your Pokèmons with random vitamins, and then training against the Elite 4 is a bad idea. You will gain the wrong EVs that way, and your Ghost Pokémons loose their effectiveness. If you don't know about EVs, read about them here.
TMs can be easily obtained over wi-fi. Whether you evolve a Pokèmon early or late, it doesn't have any negative/positive effects on stats.

Gengar @ Leftovers/Life Orb/Expert Belt
Trait: Levitate
Modest/Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hypnosis

Standard special sweeping set.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
Timid/Hasty Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Hypnosis/Focus Punch
- Will-O-Wisp/Explosion

Gengar can perform Double-Status. Inflict one foe with sleep status. The opponent will most likely will switch in another Pokémon, only to get burned by Will-O-Wisp. Otherwise, if you are good with prediction, you can Focus Punch foes on the switch. Explosion can OHKO Blissey, if Gengar has enough Att EVs.

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Shadow Punch
- Pain Split
- Will-o-Wisp
- Thunder/Fire/Ice Punch

Dusknoir is a mixed wall. Use Will-O-Wisp to stop physical attackers, while Careful Nature should protect you from the special side. IMO its better to get a special wall and another physical wall (like Skarmory/Blissey), rather than relying on Dusknoir.