• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gengar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Rarity

A rarity to come by
There's a Salamence thread so why not a Gengar one! ^_^!!! Gengar is my favorite pokemon and I like using him in battle... Gengar was the first ghost pokemon ever and remained the best until.... until... Uhh... HA! He's still the best ghost poke! Talk about Gengar here!

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
Yes, yes, Gengar is cool. But unfortunately, Fuwaraido surpasses him in coolness by a small margin.
Gengar's unpredictability factor is nice, though.

Jonessodaco.Chris

Is Back Finally!
well clearly it is still the best ghost pokemon out there... its AMAZIN i love it to

Arwen

~Immortal~
True.
Gengar remains my favorite Ghost.

Even more amazing in D/P with Shadow Ball.
Gengar owns alot of things, but with a somewhat useless type-mix

Miss Rarity

A rarity to come by
Yes pity... His stupid poison attribute... Couldn't they have taken that out like Gloom to Bellosom? Although he usually OHKO's the psychic pokemon before they try to psychic him! >=D

Jonessodaco.Chris

Is Back Finally!
yah quesiton about that... how come when ever i look at a type advantage chart and stuff... psychic pokemon and ghost never say anything... when clearly we all know that psychic pokemon have advantages on ghost...

Miss Rarity

A rarity to come by
yah quesiton about that... how come when ever i look at a type advantage chart and stuff... psychic pokemon and ghost never say anything... when clearly we all know that psychic pokemon have advantages on ghost...

lollerskates! Psychic types don't have advantages on ghosts! Gengar's poison type makes it weak to psychic types! I could see why you think that cause Gengar's the best example of a fit Ghost type! ^_^

Jonessodaco.Chris

Is Back Finally!
oooo snap... wow i cant beleive i never relized that... wow im stupid lol... THANK U for clearing that up for me lol... to bad gengars part poison tho... i wish he was pure ghost... id even settle for ghost dark...

Arwen

~Immortal~
Poison mix is still good. It can learn powerful moves.

SilverDragon7683

Will Eat For Food
Gengar has been a favorite of mine since the beginning. He reminds me of Totoro, with that great big grin! And reading his pokedex entries, he's a pretty "evil" pokemon! His weakness to pyschic is a let down though. Seeing as how aside from fighting types, Gengar is weakened by the same types he is "super effective" against(yeah, ghost isn't "super effective" aginst fighting, but since fighting doesn't effect ghost at all...). I still have one though. I like to pair him with Alakazam, I always view them as rivals. I also think that Gengar and Alakazam have the same height too....

BlazeShadow

Gengar > all.

He is one of my favs.

Aviano

I dropped my balls
Gengar is a tad overrated, but he's a good pokemon. I absolutely hate the design though, Haunter looks so much better.

also...Banette FTW

Last edited:

BlazeShadow

just saying gengar's poison typing add's to his incredible ability.

Resisting bug, ghost, poison, grass, and only gaining a psychic weakness - which is a rare typing as it is.
It also gains an immunity to poison.

Also, it gains a decent offencive typing meaning he can hit the likes of celebi hard, and adds to a surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.