• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Genshin Impact: We Gacha Primo Anime Waifus Right Here!

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
A lot of people talking about Genshin in profile posts, so may as well make a thread.

Talk about everyone's favorite gacha BotW clone, Genshin Impact here! Here are some questions to help break the ice:

1. What is your favorite character(s)?

2. What is your team?

3. What event banner are you looking forward to?

Here are my answers:

1. My favorite characters are Ayaka, Raiden, and Kokomi. Inazuma waifus FTW!

2. My main team Raiden, Ayaka, Kokomi and Diluc, with Zhongli rotated in anytime I need a Geo or shield user (yes I know that kind of sucks in the meta but it works pretty well for casual play). I am working on training up other characters for the Spiral Abyss such as Diona, Sara, Xingqiu, and Bennett, but they're not quite ready for action yet.

3. I'm waiting for them to re-run Venti. I didn't start playing until mid-2021 so I never got the opportunity to get him and he's my most wanted character right now.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
1. Ayaka (don’t have her *cries*, Keqing (MAIN, have her), and Ganyu (paid $20 for her, worth it). I ship Keqing and Ganyu.

2. Keqing, Mona, Noelle, Kaeya, trying to level up Ganyu.

3. I NEED HU TAO

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
@Teravolt I mean, her brother is being added to 2.6, so I don't think an Ayaka re-run is that far behind if you want her. You'll probably get your opportunity soon. I got extremely lucky with Ayaka (I've been lucky as hell in general with Genshin, but especially Ayaka), I got her in the first 10-20 rolls on her banner before I really understood how the event banners worked.

Hu Tao, on the other hand, may be a bit further away. She had a re-run in October and I think at this point the only characters that could get a re-run in the near future are the ones that haven't had one in at least 9-12 months (Venti, Klee, Kazuha, Yoimiya, Ayaka), and once those are done they're probably moving on to Sumeru characters. You might have to wait a while for your next chance for Hu Tao.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
@Morax
YOUR TIME HAS COME

Xionea

Half a centaur
1. Favorite character? MY GIRL MONA!!! Fun fact, I've played since day 1, and I didn't get her until Raiden Shogun's banner, specifically on Mona's birthday of all days. I was VERY happy lol. I love Ganyu too, and Sayu has become another favorite of mine recently.

2. My main team consists of Mona, Ganyu, Noelle, and Raiden Shogun. My other team that I'm messing around with is Yun Jin, Fischl, Sayu, and Qiqi.

3. Saving up for Sumeru banners right now, unless Yaoyao gets announced early, then I'll pull for her. I don't care for Ayako nor do any potential reruns interest me for now.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
As has been rumored, the Version 2.6 livestream is now confirmed for 3/18:

It's airing at 8:00 am UTC-4 (that's 8:00 am EST/5:00 am PST/12:00 pm GMT/9:00 pm JST).

For those not aware, you'll want to watch this broadcast, or at least be active around the time it airs, because Mihoyo gives away codes for free Primogems that expire after a few hours (and they can be used once per account, so there's no risk of someone else snatching them up ahead of you, everyone gets them).

Venti?

Kazuha?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Venti?

Kazuha?

There's a ton of rumors going every which way about which reruns will be in 2.6. Just about the only character I'm not seeing a lot of rumors on is Klee. The only banner we know right now is coming to 2.6 is Ayato, other than that we'll just have to wait until Friday to find out for sure.

I'd definitely love to see Venti, I've got 180 Intertwined Fates saved up for him that are burning a hole in my pocket, but there's various rumors going in different directions for characters like Ayaka, Venti, Kazuha, and Yoimiya getting re-runs.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
1. What is your favorite character(s)?
Kazuha, Xinqiu, Chongyun, Diluc, Yanfei, Albedo, Bennett, Razor, Xiao, Yun Jin, Scarmouche and Tartaglia

2. What is your team?

Aehter, Xinqiu, Bennett, and Razor.

3. What event banner are you looking forward to?

None right now, I'm afraid.

Morax

King of heroes
@Morax
YOUR TIME HAS COME
Finally, Morax gets the recognition it deserves!
——————

1. If it wasn’t apparent by the name, Morax/Zhongli. I just love the ‘wise old man’ vibes he emanates.

2. Since my favourite character is the Geo archon my team is a 4 geo comp consisting of Zhongli, Arataki itto, Ningguang and Gorou.

3. I really want venti. Failed to get him on his first banner and the rerun as well. Ayato being voiced by akira ishida makes me want to whale for him only for le “zura janai katsura da” memes…

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
The Genshin Impact Version 2.6 livestream is airing on Twitch in a few minutes, you can view it here:

I will update this post with what they announce.

Kamisato Ayato
Vision: Hydro
Weapon: Sword
Elemental Skill: Kamisato Art: Kyouka- leaves a watery illusion at his original location which can explode dealing AoE Hydro damage.
Elemental Burst: Kamisato Art: Suiyuu- creates an AoE where Bloomwater Blades rain down on opponents

Phase 1- Kamisato Ayato, Venti
Phase 2- Kamisato Ayaka

Haran Geppaku Futsu
Type: Sword
Base Attack: 46
Secondary Stat: Crit Rate
Secondary Stat Value: 7.2
Special Ability: Honed Flow- Obtain 12% All Elemental Damage bonus. When other nearby party members use Elemental Skills, the character equipping this weapon will gain 1 Wavespike stack every 0.3s, for up to 2 stacks. When the character equipping this weapon uses an Elemental Skill, the Wavespike stacks are consumed to gain Rippling Upheaval, which increases Normal Attack damage by 20% for 8s for each stack.

Vermillion Hereafter
2 Piece Set- ATK +18%
4 Piece Set- After using an Elemental Burst, this character will gain an effect called Nascent Light, which increases ATK by 8% for 16s. When the character's HP decreases, their ATK will further increase by 10% up to 4 times. Dispelled when the character leaves the field, and the original Nascent Light is dispelled if the character uses their Elemental Burst again.

Echoes of an Offering
2 Piece Set- ATK +18%
4 Piece Set- 36% chance of triggering an effect called Valley Rite when using Normal Attacks, which increases Normal Attacks by 70% of ATK. Dispelled 0.05s after a Normal Attack deals damage. If Valley Rite does not occur, the odds of triggering it increase by 20%. This trigger can occur once every 0.2s.

The Chasm
A deep mine to the west of Liyue that stretches deep underground. Some of the deeper areas are darker and can be illuminated with the help of a gadget called Lumenstone Adjuvant. The Lumenstone Adjuvant can be upgraded to increase its capability (similar to the Frostbearing Tree in Dragonspine or the Bokuso Box in the Three Realms Gateway Offering), it seems to be upgraded with a collectible called a Lumenspar.

Archon Quest- Requiem of the Echoing Depths
Dainslief reappears in this storyline, and we'll be teaming up with him to explore The Chasm and learn more about Khaenri'ah and the Abyss.

Story Quest- Kamisato Ayato: Cypressus Custos Chaper: Act I

Hues of the Violet Garden
A collection of 4 minigames themed around the Irodori Festival. Various characters will also appear during the festival such as Venti, Yae Miko, Xingqiu, Albedo, Yoimiya, Klee, Sangonomiya Kokomi, Gorou, Sara Kujou, and Sayu. Here are the minigames:
-The Moon and Stars Inscribed: A "traveling bard from Mondstadt" (probably Venti) gives you a poetic theme and you have to take a picture based on the theme.
-Theater Mechanicus: A returning event, Theater Mechanicus has you defeat waves of enemies on a game board with the help of constructs that can automatically attack enemies.
-Clash of Lone Blades: A sword fighting minigame against a wandering swordsman. You are unable to use Elemental Skills and Bursts, but you can parry your opponent's attacks.
-The Floral Courtyard: An Ikebana event where you need to follow specific instructions to create a floral courtyard.

You can get Xingqiu for free by participating in all 4 events.

Spices from the West
Someone from Sumeru is doing research on seasonings and requests the Traveler's help in creating and taste-testing the seasonings. You create the seasonings by selecting ingredients as a needle moves along a slider. Successfully add the ingredients in a certain amount of attempts to complete the challenge.

By adding seasonings to dishes, you can create Fragrant Dishes which you can give to characters in your Serenitea Pot to gain Companionship EXP. However, they have particular preferences on what kinds of dishes they like.

Vibro Crystal Research
A researcher from Fontaine is investigating the harmonic properties of crystals in The Chasm called Vibro Crystals. Connect transmitter and receiver crystals to produce various effects to help defeat enemies. Players select a team of 4 characters (including some trial characters) and a selection of 3 transmitter and 3 receiver crystals. Transmitter crystals determine how the effects are triggered and receiver crystals determine what effects are produced when transmission is triggered.

Outside the Canvas, Inside the Lens
An artist in Inazuma requests that you travel around Teyvat to take various pictures. She will give you comments that give you hints on how to complete the photo.

Additionally, they will release codes that give out free Primogems. Anyone can use them (they're just one per account), but they expire in a few hours so redeem them ASAP. They can be redeemed here (you'll need to login with the Mihoyo account you set up when you started the game to reach this page):

AB7CKBVQULE5- 100 Primogems, 10 Mystic Enhancement Ore
3TPUKSV8C5X9- 100 Primogems, 5 Hero's Wit
UT7C2TD8C5ZD- 100 Primogems, 50000 Mora

The codes are available until 12:00 am EST (16 hours from the start of the broadcast)

Codes are expired.

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Kind of expected someone else to post their thoughts on the Version 2.6 announcements, but I guess I'll have to. Here are my assorted thoughts on the Version 2.6 livestream:

-VENTI IS FINALLY BACK! My Intertwined Fates won't be burning a hole in my pocket for much longer and I can complete my Archon collection (for now at least).
-Ayato looks cool, but not someone I'm going to fall over myself trying to whale for. Kind of looks like a cross between Miko and Xingqiu (I haven't done a deep comparison of their abilities, but this is what he appears to be on the surface), and I already have C6 Xingqiu.
-Speaking of which, the free Xingqiu is nice, but won't help me much because I already have C6. I hope I at least get the Masterless Starglitter like I would if I wished for him instead of just not being able to claim any reward like in the shop (although that might just be for redundancy reasons, as the characters in the shop are purchased with Masterless Starglitter).
-I have a feeling we're all going to hate The Chasm. Looks like it might be Genshin's Rock Tunnel.
-DAINSLEIF IS BACK! I've been dying to see a continuation of the Khaenri'ah plotline. It does seem a bit sus that Dainsleif is just suddenly back after following the Traveler's sibling and the Abyss Herald through the portal. It'd be extremely difficult for him to make it out of that unscathed. I'm wondering if he returns and we find that he was brainwashed by the Abyss Order. I'm also not entirely sure if he's entirely our ally given that the Traveler's sibling is siding with the Abyss, this conflict doesn't seem to be as cut and dry as Dainsleif = Good, Abyss Order = Bad.
-Klee and Yoimiya together? Oh dear lord, we're all screwed. The last person that should be helping Klee with anything is Yoimiya, the two of them together will cause Teyvat's apocalypse in an adorable yet explosive fiery death (are we sure that Yoimiya isn't just Klee's long lost older sister? They are eerily similar).
-Having 2 photo themed events that play similarly probably isn't going to be fun. Makes me wonder if they're running out of ideas for events (I hope I'm wrong about that).

Last edited:

Teravolt

Just lost the 50/50 to Diluc, who I didn’t have, but don’t plan to use. Now, time to save for Ayaka. Six-ish weeks for 90 wishes…

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Just lost the 50/50 to Diluc, who I didn’t have, but don’t plan to use. Now, time to save for Ayaka. Six-ish weeks for 90 wishes…

Who were you trying for out of curiosity, Raiden or Kokomi?

I like both of them (although Barbara can come pretty close to replicating Kokomi and may make pulling for her not worth it, especially for F2P players) but Ayaka is far better than both of them if you don't have her yet. Good luck.

Teravolt

Who were you trying for out of curiosity, Raiden or Kokomi?

I like both of them (although Barbara can come pretty close to replicating Kokomi and may make pulling for her not worth it, especially for F2P players) but Ayaka is far better than both of them if you don't have her yet. Good luck.
Raiden, theoretically.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
1. Zhongli as a character, Tartaglia for gameplay

2. Bennet and Xiangling with Tartaglia, Qiqi with Eula. Zhongli is in both teams.

3. No one in particular, but I'll drop a few wishes for Venti next patch.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Just what I was afraid of a Venti rerun right alongside Ayato's banner. I'm going to obviously roll for both, but who knows if I'll even get either? We'll see.

Morax

King of heroes
You guys rolling for katsura/zura/donaldo zuramp/ill smith/captain tsubasa/fruits punch samurai/ kamisato ayato?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
You guys rolling for katsura/zura/donaldo zuramp/ill smith/captain tsubasa/fruits punch samurai/ kamisato ayato?

Nope, I want Venti. Ayato looks cool and he's on my radar, but I have other priorities RN. Venti also happens to be my top priority, I need a good 5 star bow user and Venti's exploration abilities and crowd control are highly appealing to me. And as I said in the OP, he hasn't been re-run since I started playing so I'm jumping on the opportunity now. Beyond that my next priority is the Sumeru Archon, then Klee because I have the 5 Star weapon then goes with her. I do want Ayato, maybe I'll pick him up during a re-run, but he's a bit further down there.

Teravolt

why have Ayato when you get get Ayaka